Page 107 of 532 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 5316

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 107

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    it is an essential oil. you get various different distillations. mine is the extra or the superior i think. have a snort next time you go somewhere which sells essential oils. it is very tropical and flowery. disclaimer here btw. i personally think aromatherapy is a crock, i just like the smell. and psssst gwamma, i would never ever post on a manly thread but i happened to read your last post. NSA means they get to bonk you without you having any future dibs on them or you having a say who else they screw. they love to go on about how women dont really want it but i think men are to same. they just like to say that to give them an out. they still want control over who else you are seeing lol people are just people after all.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    The old sneeky thread reading.........my problem with that is I often find stuff that I FEEL that I HAVE to comment on !!!! LOL
    Gets me into so much trouble....oh well.......no-one actually knows who the hell I am, and if they did, well once they have burgled the grass fed lamb out of my freezer - hopefully they will stay and join me for a wine !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all the eczema tips, alot to think about. We have always had a low-processed food diet, but in saying that the kids are far from being primal. I have had plenty of people recommend dietary restrictions to see if we can pinpoint what causes the exzema, however I'm loathed to do it. His exzema isn't seriously bad or I'd have looked into diet seriously before now, it seems to flair up when he has been unwell and it is seasonal, so I suspect that food hasn't really much impact. He used to get awful excema where his nappies chaffed on his inner thighs but once he was toilet trained that cleared up totally and he started sprouting it in other random spots. I've tried no washing powder and just used BS and vinegar, no difference really, although I'm slightly allergic to some washing powders (I get dermatitis on my lips) so we only use tiny amounts of persil sensitive now.

I do like the idea of coconut oil pulling instead of soap and water baths, think I'd have to adjust it a little. But honestly our every other day and without soap regimen seems to work fairly well. Even if my MIL thinks that my kids are filthy and need to scrubbed raw daily! She makes no bones about telling me she thinks its disgusting not to bath them daily. She also got snippy at me the other day at a family gathering when discussing his exzema, my SIL asked what side of the family he gets it from so I replied that it was actually DH's and SIL's father...........MIL is like deny deny, 'he doesn't get eczema'......so I asked her why he carries huge prescribed tubs of fatty cream around for his 'dry itchy skin'. Apparently thats not eczema though...... Give me strength.

Got my MRI tonight for the 'turf toe'. Fingers crossed its something that can be fixed.

LL good luck with the MRI. Fingers and toes crossed here too.

MILs and SILs can be tricky wee blighters !!!! MY MIL is ok, but SIL.... completely another story. Our farm was a ballot block way back in the day, ie the government drew returned servicemens names out of a hat, and those that were drawn were able to buy their farms interest free......anyway thats how the family farm came into being........anyway jump ahead 60+ years, DH and I working our buttox's off 24/7, owning nothing to paying it all back, and each of the siblings out, and the mother etc..... you get the picture........ well SIL, who has done nothing to help, even when we were rock bottom and struggling to make ends meet, pay them all out etc...... still goes on....and on....and on... about how she is owed this that and the other from when we sold the farm.........yada yada yaa. It absolutely drives me stupid. If she only knew the work that we put in.....anyway I am with you there - do not let them get to you. Smiles all around, and move onto someone who inspires you.
    You are an amazing Mum....if they cannot see that - it is there loss.
    hereith endith the lecture !! LOL

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    You are an amazing Mum....if they cannot see that - it is there loss.
    hereith endith the lecture !! LOL
    Absolutely! I've long since realised that they'll never be happy with me (or anyone else married to DH - which is good to know) so there is nothing to be gained from trying to impress them. I do try not to pick fights and I usually steer away from things I know will cause comment from my MIL. The bottom line is that she is part of our lives, my husband is very close to her and I love the way she loves my kids, so I just put up with. Can't even complain to my husband because then he starts on about 'why do you hate my parents so much?' and gives me long lists of reasons why my own parents are not great IL's.

Eeeep, your own family drama's sound positively noxious. We've learnt early on not to get involved with investments, property or cars with family. I could go on about one of my SIL's and the car episode that still makes me grit my teeth to think about! My IL's also wanted us to buy an acre of land from them to build our own house, fantastic location and it would've been a bargain.....but on second thoughts we'd be best not to live so close to them and then what about all of DH's sisters who would want an acre too, that they'd sell for profit anyway and we'd end up with neighbours living on our doorstep. Stories like yours just confirm to me what we have learnt also, just don't deal with family.

my problem with that is I often find stuff that I FEEL that I HAVE to comment on !!!!
    lmao gwamma. i learnt a long time ago that people will spout junk. no matter what i say or do, they will still keep on keeping on. occasionally you do have to say something but it is often easier to just roll your eyes subtly and walk on by. altho i do have to say, if they spout crap in front of my kids, it is all on lol pick your battles i say!

Yep Seaweed I certainly do pick my battles, and I agree with you - no-one dis's the kids....except me !!!!! LOL
    LL - you are right - don't do deals with family. And well done for keeping the peace. Actually that seems to be what Mothers are all about - keeping the peace !!!!!

...small steps....

it's not really dissing the kids. it's more spouting crap in front of them. i had a lot of arguements with the exhubby for example which i really shouldnt have as he used to say stuff which was bigotted and just plain negative and wrong. i had to call him on all of it as i didnt want the kids to think he was right. which was not a good situation to be in. normally i just ignore people like that as they are only making themselves look like asses.

still on my liver and venison for lunch kick. i guess i will stop craving liver when i have had enough. for some reason i am feeling like i need something and i cant pick what it is. i have the liquid minerals now so onto day 2 of them. i will give it a month to see if i notice a difference. i am also craving creamed coconut but i cant afford it as i have car dramas so i am gonna have to suffer. i really want to try this Thanksgiving Dessert: Chewy Pecan Pie Brittle | PaleOMG - Paleo Recipe but i can so see it being a dietary disaster lol maybe for xmas

LMAO - I always get it wrong Seaweed - sorry. I can be sooooooo ditsy at times.
    That Peacan brittle looks really yummy, but once I start with the honey/maple syrup - I won't be able to stop, so I had best not start.
    I have a wedding in Hanmer this weekend....still not sure what to wear..... decisions, decisions, decisions !!!!

...small steps....

once I start with the honey/maple syrup - I won't be able to stop, so I had best not start
    my exact thoughts. what we really need is to make some for our primal get together then we will only be able to have one piece each!!

when in doubt, always wear black. altho it is a wedding lol i guess it depends how formal it is?