Page 104 of 525 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5247

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 104

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    it's called a police character report. I have to get one from the US as well as NZ because I've been in NZ these last three years (nearly).

I had dreadlocks for a year. Loved them, but ultimately, they had to come out because they were too expensive to maintain. I had them professionally put in, and then every 6 weeks had them shaped up. It costs $300 every time I went into the shop. At $1200 per year, and difficulty having them look the way that I wanted (it woudl take at least three years, they estimated), I realized that I didn't want $3600 worth of locks. I started to care for them myself, but my hair was so fine that it woudl grow between dreads, and then they started coming out on their own becuase the new hair wasn't growing ito them and I couldn't use most of the normal (non-wax) methods to get them to go together. I loved them, but it was just too expensive.

I had them cut out and had a princess-di cut for a while until it started to grow out again, and now I just have my 4 hairstyles (combs, bun on top all messy, high pony tail, and up-do). I tend to wear it in order, too, with specific outfits. LOL

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have seen older women with dreads that look amazing. i think if they look like mutton, it's coz they already do, not specifically coz of the dreads. i have always thought about dreads but it would be a bit culturally misappropriate of me and i also dont ever want to have to cut my hair off and that is the only way out. mine would dread pretty well too.

i only really have 3 hair styles lol out, up ( bun on top all messy lol high pony tail, low pony tail ) or plaited somehow ( french, dutch or just a plait ) actual no! 4 as sometimes i do it half up and half down. so front half up, back half down. but usually it is either in a high pony tail or loose.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    i do low pony and plaits (braids -- one on each side) for casual, stay-at-home or around the house hair styling. but when i go into town (which is pretty much all days 'cept sunday), i have one of my 4 styles.

I also wear a dress or skirt/top over my yoga clothes when I go into town, and jeans on off days. I'm fancy. lol

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    off to the hairdressers this morning. Its also show week with today being the first day of the Canterbury A and P show. It is always a big day in town, althou traditionally the farming folk go on the thursday.
    So the roads up to Culverden will be busy as ........ but thank fully most will be going the opposite way !!!!! yay
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

but thank fully most will be going the opposite way !!!!!
    these are the ones we have to look out for as they are usually tourists. been for a run on the treadmill this morning. and also last night. altho i got rung up 20 mins in and had to pant on the phone which was very funny. poor man lol it must be something to do with the reward centres in the brain coz once you get past that puffed stage, start sweating and then whatever kicks in, the endorphins maybe? you are set. even tho i am always pleased it is over, i can then always do it again regardless of how tired i am as i crave that rush. so it was just a matter of reminding my brain of the feeling and i am off. i have discussed the addictive side of exercise with overweight friends of mine and they dont get the feeling ever. which is interesting as maybe all of us dont. i do have to exert myself to get it. i dont get it from weights, i just like that slow medative pain. but the rush where you can feel your head coming up out of the water and you feel almost euphoric, i only get from running or real big hills.

hopefully a good day in paradise here as i have my washing on the line. clean sheet day. yay! my nice hair has been sweated on and sweated in so it is back up in a pony tail. my oldest is coming over today as well. have fun at the hairdresser gwamma!

I don't think that I have had the rush from exersize, but I am possibly in the over weight friend category. Well I am suggesting that I might be a friend ???? LOL
    I wish I had a clothes line. We have never put one in, and can't find a hidden suitable spot. Anyway I prefer sunlight to dryer, so need to do something about that !!!!!
    Have a really gripey stomach today.... so that is what you get when you break the code !!!! LOl or go off the rails!!!!!! or eat suffink you shouldn't.
    The lessonith has been learntith !!!!!

...small steps....

i absolutely love clean sheet day and i have only ever owned a drier when we lived up north. it was the exhubbys. he was too lazy to put anything on the line. what about one of those ones that you extend out? they are quite cool. i just have a cord strung between some trees. low tech lol but nothing like washing blowing in a gentle sea breeze. i have a pic somewhere of my middle one when she was about 3. cork screw blonde curls and fairy wings and gum boots on. going to my chook coop past a washing line of nappies from my youngest. awesome pic.

the exercise rush is quite a trick. i dont get it from high intensity interval stuff. it takes a while but once you get it, you will always want it. remember how you said you loved your treadmill? well usually about minute 8 i start to sweat, about minute 10 -12 it starts to seem like a bad idea and i think i am dying. about minute 18 - 20, i suddenly feel like i could cartwheel on the belt. so if you only ever do the obilgatory 10 mins, you wont get it. hence why i hate cross trainers and rowing machines lol well that is my theory anyways.

I totally agree with the breeze and sunshine through the washing. When we bought this place it was just a house in a paddock....so we have done all the finishing. Hence the trees are still too small to string anything between !!!! I need to get a sturdy clothes horse, and weight it down, so it doesn't do a Mary poppins !!!! LOL
    I used to do about an hour a day on the treadmill when I first got it, but don't remember an endorphin rush. I shall try tonight.
    have the best day
    G, x

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Love clean sheet day too.

that pic sounds adorable.

That treadmill thing - guess I've never pushed through the "feels like a bad idea" stage, lol.

PrimalCon New York
    i have gotten the ex hubby to concrete me in a post to string the washing line up on before. when you say you did an hour a day, did you run? or walk? i never got thru the bad idea stage with the rower or those horrid cross trainers.