Page 102 of 534 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 102

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    survived the hairdresser. interestingly she reckons my hair has had a growth spurt as she had to get a stool to sit on that went right down as it is now too long for her to bend over to cut. the roots definitely were out a fair bit. i only go every 10 weeks and i have been totally off the sugar and any cheat GF grains form about 8 weeks now. plus i did all that kai moana in october. since i have been "growing my hair" my whole life, this is quite interesting.

dad used to make lamb curry in a very paleo way. he used a shoulder. all you do is cut the fat off and render it. obviously chop the meat into pieces at the same time. when the fat is rendered, remove the lamb rinds and try not to eat them all lol then you throw in the meat, brown it a bit to seal. throw in some chopped garlic. cook for a while. then add in curry powder and any other spices. eg fresh ginger, cardamon pods, cinnamon sticks. put in a few cans of tomatoes or a whole stack of chopped peeled fresh tomatoes. work out qtys depending on how much meat you have. then cook till it is curry. dad did used to thicken it with cornstarch and also add some sugar and some lemon juice and salt in at the end to taste. he never ever used water in curry either and was always very particular that you had to cook the meat in its own fat. he always mixed the cornstarch with milk. if it needs thickening, you can always use tapioca. i usually dont bother. there are also prob oodles of green/red or yellow curry recipes you could do with lamb and then there is also the ubiquitous japanese curry you could do too.

you can marinate lamb then fry or bbq. kebabs. sausages. i did come across a very nice greek lamb sausage recipe when i did the deer. made yummy venison sausages even tho it was venison not lamb. meatza. mousaka. meat loaf. there will be stacks of lamb recipes all over the net. cuisine mag always have good recipes you dont have to tweak too much. boil the bones and make some lamb broth for gravies and using in stuff. also make pate out of the livers and cook up the hearts. yumm! i had lamb's fry and venison for lunch. i so should post a thread. venison and organ meat only diet lol

and lol i have come home before and found a duckling running around my house. naughty cat. however they are only doing their job. mine do tend not to get into the birds too much which i am very very thankful about. everyone around here shoots cats so it is quite the trick even keeping one. i have lost 2 so far which is not nice. i would so love to get another short haired male tonkinese but i cant risk the financial outlay or the emotional strain.

off to nude sunbathe lol who needs bikini bottom lines!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    our hair grows very quickly too -- and nails. DS gets a haircut, adn about two weeks later, he needs another. Right now, he's on a 4 week rotation. I wait about 12 weeks, and DH goes 6. It helps us balance out the cost. Thing is, we are all 'due' right now. We have to call and make the appointment. The hairdresser comes to your home and is super affordable. It's $10 for a kiddie (anywhere else is $30), $35 for DH ($55 anywhere else), and $40 for me ($75). So, it's a good option for us. The cuts are brilliant, but they are decent.

we have to cut DS's nails twice a week -- even toenails. He doesn't care for it, but holds still well enough.

I love cultivating my business. It's the coolest thing ever.

my younger kids have never had their hair cut but it is in good condition so i dont worry. the middle one has hair below her waist. the other has corkscrew ringlets which are about almost to the bottom of her shoulder blades. my hair costs about $110nz so not cheap which is why i get it done every 10 weeks. but yes, rapid growing hair is something new for me so i dont know if it was all the kai moana or not. i've definitely been getting more protein. and i am also way more keto than before. no face puffiness or around my fingers as my ring is always loose.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    off to nude sunbathe lol who needs bikini bottom lines!
    Hope you are having a lovely time! That poor little duckling, what a thing to come home to. My kitties are not great hunters even though we do live fairly rurally, we did go through a spell where they were bringing things home daily, but that was pre kids and when I worked fulltime. I think they were getting bored. Whereas now we're home alot more often and the kids keep things pretty lively around the house. We also used to have problems with the older girl eating woolens, but that was before we got her a kitten to play with and keep her entertained. We've never had a rat in the house........bluerghhh, I dread to think about it!

Seems to be a day for the hairdresser. I just popped in for a fringe trim between haircuts, they do it for free which I love (and so they should given how much money I send their way) and I feel pampered even though it was only for 10mins.

I'm feeling much better today, I've knocked that bastard cold on the head I think. Didn't make it home early yesturday in the end as I had a teleconference I had to attend at 1pm, so I just toughed it out. Hopefully that is it for the season now.

Big day at work tomorrow with our 'budget meeting', which I'm not allowed to call that because it gets everyone all stressed so its a 'resident's meeting with our accountant' - give me strength! Of course I'm gonna stress about it anyway because they are all facing a $9 per week increase in fees and they are going to be so unhappy. I'm giving them a nice lunch to try and soften the blow, but I'm pretty sure they'll see straight through that cause they're not stupid. I've already had one lady in here threatening to move out, oh what fun.

Still, I'm heading home in 45 mins and I'm not going to even think about it until tomorrow morning, its not worth the stress.

Wow you guys get cheap haircuts! Mine costs $170, and I go every three months. In my defence I do have very curly 'difficult' hair and it is naturally the most dull mousy blonde colour so I like to change it up with lighter blonde foils to the top 3/4.

mine would cost much more at a different hairdresser, even tho mine is at a salon in town. i never have that much cut off and also i dont get it styled or blow dried after which i think helps. i get mine streaked too. not sure how much in terms of the foils but prob similar amount to what you get. i cut my own fringe. i prob could go in and get them to do it but it is easier to do it myself. my fringe goes into tight ringlets sometimes so i dont like it getting cut too short by accident. mine is naturally a sorta golden auburn colour. the sun bleaches it out so much it goes blonde on top in the summer. so if i put it up, it looks much darker brown. a different colour to if it is loose which i like. depending on the light too, it can look much redder and since i am not pale and i have brown eyes. i never look like a ginga.

pleased you have nailed the cold. nothing worse than dealing with work stress with a runny red nose and croaky voice!

nothing worse than dealing with work stress with a runny red nose and croaky voice!
    Oh that would've been the icing on the cake, running a meeting with a sore throat and tissue wadded up under my nose! Grateful for the small things.

My hair tends to do the ringlet thing too, but I keep my GHD's working overtime with regular fringe straightenings. I used to do the whole head but I got sick of that requiring an hour each time I washed my hair, so now I just live with my curls. My son has the most beautiful white blonde hair, I hope his doesn't fade like mine did as I got older. My daughter takes after her Maori father, but I think she's going to have my curls.

2 funny. my oldest had waist length dark blonde ringlets when she was a teen. when she was 18, she got them bleached, cut shoulder length and chemically straightened with her course related costs for studying. she's much older now and it is black, pink and purple. she still uses the dread GHDs. ex hubby and one of her very nasty ex bfs had a thing for blondes hence the drastic hair colour change. that way she reckons she never attracts anyone who is into blondes. she has olive skin and blue eyes so it looks good on her. even if i still find it wierd. the weight of my hair straightens it, unless it gets wet and then it sorta ringlets so i can live with that. curls are good anyways as you can always straighten them, if your hair is straight, it is much harder to get to go curly.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulma510 View Post
    I too have tried on WW but was really disillusioned with the lack off promotion of natural and healthy foods.
    I thought MDA had sifted out all the spammers and thread rapers........hang on - I am still here !!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

we have to cut DS's nails twice a week -- even toenails. He doesn't care for it, but holds still well enough.

I love cultivating my business. It's the coolest thing ever.
    wow those nails are growing VERY fast. he is obviously eating good food !!!!! and well done that the buisness is growing. Thats really great

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post

I'm feeling much better today,
    Thrilled to hear that you are feeling better today. And good luck for tomorrow!

curly hair.
    you guys are all sooooooooo lucky. I would litterally give my right arm for curly hair, but alas - I have a bad hair day every day !!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i have really lovely curly hair. The woman whom I first went to when I came here, just the cut (no blow dry, no color, nothing), costs $75. I think it's worth it because the cut is SO good.

But, I honestly can't afford that right now. So, I go with the cheaper lady. She keeps to the general shape of the other lady's cut, so she "gets" it. She does tend to cut curls at the wrong point (so that they end up sticking out for a few weeks), but I mentioned that to her last time and she made some adjustments. And, it's literally just wet my hair with water, cut it, get paid. She's nice though. I like her and she comes to our home so it's easy for us.

Immigration paperwork is nearly finished. I forgot that I also had to do my NZ police character thingy. Bah!