Page 101 of 534 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 101

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon28_NZ View Post
    Hi guys, I know I have been extremely quiet since joining this site, and now I feel really bad that my 1st real posting is asking for help.

I have just been back to the doctors, as I have had a descent dose of pneumonia, I finished a 7 day course of anti-biotics (fluclox) last Sunday, and I am now on another lot (augmentin & roxithyromicin) for the next 7 days.

Obviously these anti-biotics are going to beat me up a little, just seeking some words of wisdom possibly for surviving the anti-biotic onslaught.

Dragon28 welcome to our own little thread. You have definately come to the right place. We kiwis are not only cooking gurus, but medicos, teacheos, phsyciatrios, farmios, yogios, combi vanios, and we provide a wee dating service on the side !!!!!!!!
    Good luck with that pneumonia. That concoction of antibiotics is not the nicest. Seaweed, our own little hunter gatherer, has hit the nail, with her words of wisdom.
    Lots of rest. You don't want to stress those lungs any more than you have to. Let us know how you get on and don't be a stranger. Get on here and tell us your deep and dark secrets. We promise not to tell a soul !!!! LOL

okay am off for a swim at 7.15pm !!! its gonna be cold !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma, you are incorrigible.

PS Welcome Dragon28, don't mind her she gets a little carried away sometimes.

Sorry Annie - it is down time for me, No offence Dragon and you do need to kick this bug into touch !!!!!
    G x

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Venison with coffee and red wine sauce: here.

Also, DH got tickets to the 12 am, 12/12/12 3d, fast frame Hobbit! Since I don't see 3d, it's wasted on me, but he invited our friends (two), and we have an extra ticket besides. Need to find another friend, I think.

Then, DH and I go see the 8 pm showing at the embassy on 12/12/12 anyway (2d, regular frame rate).

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Venison with coffee and red wine sauce: here.
    a combo of most of my food vices - yumm!!! i will try it on weds for lunch. which reminded me that i have done roast venison with chocolate sauce before.

the hobbit looks like it will be good. i cant find anywhere what rating it is. i did want to take the kids to see the hunger games but they were too young. being into knives, i should say the man who made the knives and swords for the hobbit lives near me. he is an unreal craftsman. if i came into a large sum of money, i would get him to make me a knife.

what is this hunger games all about ? I have heard so many people talk about it - but I have no idea. I am from Matamata - hobbit country !!!!!! so I am famous by default !!!!!! yay for me

...small steps....

The Hunger Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia i do my hair sometimes like katniss's when i ride the bike or go hunting. i am famous by default too lol unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Just wanted to say, "Cool on getting to page 100 in one of the most fun threads on all the forums." You all rock.
    Joanie - hadn't even noticed !!!!!! far too much chit chat going on in little old Nouvelle Zealande !
    Thats a good thing I am sure

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon28_NZ View Post
    Hi guys,
    Dragon - how you doing on that next course of antibiotics ?????

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    The Hunger Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia i do my hair sometimes like katniss's when i ride the bike or go hunting. i am famous by default too lol unfortunately.
    Thanx Seaweed, Not sure if its one I will attempt to read - or not ???? I will have to check out the movie thou.

Billie the bastard - thats one of our cats - bought in a rat over night. Why is it that they catch these things at night and then wake the whole household playing cat and rat games ? and now hes bought another one in. Do I allow him to play with it until its dead? or do I catch the bloody thing and throw it out before it gets away in my house - and creates a nest somewhere???
    And Billie the bastard is a lovely cat, and he is called that only because his mother (Fibi the slapper) was a wee bit of a hussey !!!!! We have no idea who Billies father is !!! LOL

...small steps....

current cat brings small rabbits in. i have seen her with rats almost the same size as her but i think she just brings in the stuff she wants to eat as she stashes it. then works her way thru it. definitely would never rescue a rat or mouse either. your cat shouldnt let it get away. mine are way too quick to do that. if they have it, it is done for.

hair dresser today which i am trying to be chilled about. last time she redyed the underneath of the sides of my hair almost black by accident so i looked like a skunk lol looks like our last decent sunny day for a while according to the metservice so i am gonna need to get out and do things when i get home. such as lay in the sun and get my vit D! my liquid minerals should be here today as well which i am very excited about. i am going to try them and get back on the vit C which i have been slack about. and then also up the kai moana back again as i am really feeling not having so much anymore.

Good luck with the hairdresser seaweed. I am going tomorrow. Cat is pretty quick, and no nothing makes it out alive, I am just stressing unneccessarily !!! LOL We don't have many rabbits around here, mainly rats, mice and birds. I do draw the line at ducks, but Billie doesn't understand my yabba !!!!

6 boxes of grass fed, un stressed, tastey, tender NZ lamb put into my freezer last night, so kai moana will be off the menu for a while. Kai moana out - lamb in !!!!! I need some recipes people !!!!!

Very cold here today, however we may just have to resign ourselves to a funny summer !!!! Get that topless sunbathing in while you can !!!!

...small steps....