Page 100 of 535 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 5342

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 100

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i do that as you cant easily get cooking apples that pulp down. there is an awesome cookery book called kitchen of light which has a baked apple recipe with those ingredients sorta but without the lemon. i got the idea from there. i cover mine when it is cooking for a while. it just isnt an exact science. you can also leave out the lemon. add ginger to the apples etc. we eat it as dessert with cultured cream as well as with pork.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Mmmhmm I am inspired!

I made a kind of apple crumble the other day - granny smith apples, berries, butter, just three pieces of chocolate chopped into it. sprinkle with LSA and more butter and bake. The family loved it. But I will try lemon and ginger too, I really need some variations as I have been a bit stuck.

What is cultured cream?

i so cant do that LSA stuff as i cant stand flax seeds. ground almonds would be awesome tho. did you ever make the urban legend choc chip cookie recipe in your pre-primal days? world's best cookie recipe as it is infinitely tweakable if you stick to the basic flour, butter and eggs proportions. the full version you grind milk choc in with the oats so the principle def has potential.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I am salivating girls !!!! IUt all sounds yummy. As for checking JJ from NJ out first - how the hell would I know what you like in a man ????? I say we just get him out here, and have a party - in Seaweeds honor of course LOLOL

right so here is the thing !!!!! I made a creamy reduced sauce for lunch today, sauteed prawns, and my DH loved it ! so onward and upward
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

right so here is the thing !!!!! I made a creamy reduced sauce for lunch today, sauteed prawns, and my DH loved it ! so onward and upward
    now that sounds yummy. shopping tomorrow briefly as i am going to the hair dresser so have to go to town. creamy reduced sauce with prawns maybe when i get home then. i am missing my kai moana now it is november.

good plan to have a party. i will bring the kids and the dog as well. we went to an awesome bonfire party on saturday. i actually got into the pinot to counteract the weekend stress so it was a bit more fun than i had planned lol

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to say, "Cool on getting to page 100 in one of the most fun threads on all the forums." You all rock.

Dragon28_NZ is offline Junior Member
    Hi guys, I know I have been extremely quiet since joining this site, and now I feel really bad that my 1st real posting is asking for help.

I have just been back to the doctors, as I have had a descent dose of pneumonia, I finished a 7 day course of anti-biotics (fluclox) last Sunday, and I am now on another lot (augmentin & roxithyromicin) for the next 7 days.

Obviously these anti-biotics are going to beat me up a little, just seeking some words of wisdom possibly for surviving the anti-biotic onslaught.

heya dragon, if you are already going to the doctors try to get them to check your blood levels of vit D. not totally sure what they should be but vit D deficiency is very indicated in pneumonia/flu. a quick search of the forums around here will have stacks on vit D. then the rest is common sense. probiotics, lacto fermented food, no sugar or grains, sunshine, rest etc.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i like to gently sautee/stew apples as well. and, then i crush them down with a fork to make them saucy. it's chunky, but tasty nonetheless.

Kitchen of Light is an awesome scandinavian cookbook. One of my favorites. Used to have a cooking show along with it that I loved to watch.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    we never got the cooking show here but i would have liked to have watched it. i got the book for one of my birthday pressies when our dollar was really high against the usd. he did another one called something like where flavour was born which looks good but i cant get it in the library here to check out. def like some texture in apple sauce myself. and the pears out of kitchen of light are divine.

question is. what sort of sauce should i make to go with venison?