Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat + Carb Binge on day 5! Please help page 2

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    4.5 days is not very long and I imagine your system is still settling in to the new way of eating. It can take a week or two to switch from primarily burning carbs to burning fat so your body may just be adjusting.

Also, I find I need to wait half an hour after finishing a meal to feel full, so see if you can pause for half an hour before eating more. It might just be enough to stave off a binge.

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    As my grandad would say "That'll learn ya"

And I've found that my calorie needs are lower on PB than they were on CW. Before starting PB I would've told you I needed 2200-2300 calories a day. Since PB I've found that my average "listening to my body" intake is closer to 1300-1500

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    I did all sorts of things like that when I first started. You'll get the hang of it & no longer crave those things. Now when I mess up, it's a smaller & smaller thing because it just doesn't taste good/I know I'll pay for it later. I don't even like regular dark chocolate any more; I only like the 70%+ stuff. Sugar just isn't tasty.

Hang in there - the first month or so is tough, but you'll adjust.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

hiokthxbye is offline Member
    Thanks so much for the responses, everyone. Very, very helpful.

What's so weird right now is my mouth tastes like i'm in ketosis. When I had a million carbs last night? Makes no sense!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12