Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30, #3 -- The Goal is to remain in Ketosis page 9

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post

Louisa, WOW!! So glad everything turned out not tragic~ I fell off the top step of a 12 ft ladder trying to put thick plastic on my greenhouse fan vent and thought my neck was broken, it wasn't but hurt like hell for weeks, every part of my body hurt for the longest.
    Holy cow -- falling from a 12-foot ladder could definitely end in tragedy. Try to avoid those heights -- and giving the same advice to my husband. What a scare.
    Last edited by Louisa655; 09-10-2012 at 03:46 AM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Sunday Sept 9 - Day 14 of Whole 30 *(3)

Day 14 of 30: (Sat, Sept 14th)
    Calories: 709
    Fat: 61gm - 70%
    Protein 37.2gm - 22%
    Carbs: 15.7gm - 8%
    Alcohol: 0
    weight: 149.4 (-5lbs) ---

Couple of observations for today:

1. Started with bullet coffee (2 coffees with 1/2 cup coconut milk)

2. Nothing else to dinner: Steak, Caesar Salad, Zuccheni, Mushrooms sauteed in butter, 3 tsp's high fat greek yogourt & 6 raspberries + 1 slice of french brie, double cheese.

3. Although the ratios are in line for ketosis (70% fat, Protein 22% and 9% carbs), I feel that I'm still not consuming enough carbs. I do need to increase both fat and protein. I think I'll try to have an extra few hardboiled eggs tomorrow and a bit more high fat cheese.

4. I have no cravings; I have an abundance of energy; keto stix indicate ketosis.

5. I do feel dehydrated most of the day, despite drinking water all day long.

6. I had a headache just before dinner and realized that I needed food sooner than later. As soon as I ate, I the headache disappeared.

7. I've been doing chores all day -- grocery shopping, laundry etc etc. I'm giving myself an hour to digest dinner and then I'm going for my 8-10km walk tonight. I always look forward to my walk as it clears my head. I'm going to listen to my tunes on my Iphone while walking. Always look forward to my walks.

I think that about wraps up another day. No alcohol today. My husband brought home a huge pumpkin pie (what a scoundrel), but I have no cravings for sugar, so it's all for him.

Hope you ladies have a terrific day and evening. Get out for your walks and get to bed early --- it's good way to avoid those 'night time cravings'. Cheers! /louisa
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Holy cow -- falling from a 12-foot ladder could definitely end in tragedy. Try to avoid those heights -- and giving the same height to my husband. What a scare.
    Yep, thank goodness I was about 35 yrs old, it'd kill me today.. Also, brick pavers around most of the GH but nice thick sod on the side I fell, but it was the sod that made the ladder shift and down I went. Nothing like a bad fall because everything hurts.. DH just said it was a 9 fter but I was reaching to the tip top of GH, 12 ft up.

Monday morning check-in ------- drum rolll........down one full pound from Friday. This is my lowest weight in about 7 years:

New weight: 148.4 (-13 lbs)

I have another 8-10 to fry before the end of September, or worst, end of October. I'M SO PUMPED!!!!!!

PLL: As per Paleobird's posting: I increased my fat percentage to 80, reduced protein to 20% and keeping below <20grams of carbs daily. I also believe the "no Alcohol war zone" is a big contributor to weight loss.. Hoping to keep this train moving!

Cheers,
    louisa
    F, 48, 5'10"

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Louisa, I loved scanning through your journal! The adventure with husband and FlapJacks would have about killed me. I witnessed my boyfriend get into a jetskiing accident with me and all rational thought and regard to your own safety usually go out the window at that point. ;-) Girls gotta protect her man sometimes, too!

I am shocked you can eat so low calorie and still have "9-10" energy. Are you very inactive during the day or something?

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    I love reading your journal as well!

The Sweet Spot.......(OTHER sweet spot , ladies)
    Day 16 of 30: (Mon, Sept 10th)
    Calories: 1,159
    Fat: 90.6gm - 68%
    Protein 66.4gm - 24%
    Carbs: 24.6gm - 8%
    Alcohol: 0
    weight: 148.4 (-6)

Monday -- The 7th BEST day of the week! I always know when the scales are going down because as I lie in bed at night, I can just feel the fat melting off -- it's awesome.

So, here's my PLL (Paleo Learning Lessons) for today:

1. I'm not obsessed, but I do carry around my Keto Sticks with me everywhere I go and pee on them hourly to record results;

2. I'm open to the idea that I may be obsessed with my Keto Sticks;

3. After dinner, the keto sticks seem to register a 'negative' and then the sticks flare to life with colour every morning and remain in the 'lit' colour until my next dinner. So, I'm thinking that I'm in ketosis all day long, because I'm more or less around 20grams of carbs a day. The real fat burning comes while sleeping, through to until dinner (5pm nightly). Once I have my dinner, my body is concerned with digestion and fat burning takes a back seat (apparently our bodies are not big multi-taskers).

So long as I consume 70% fat, 20% protein, 10% carbs and operate in a daily deficit, then I will remain in serious fat burning mode. So long as I can keep my total carbs between 800-1200 daily, then I SHOULD continue to burn this fat until I reach my goal weight of 140 (hopefully by end of Sept or end of October).

4. Some posters have asked how it is that I can consume so few calories. I'm not restricting in any way, but I believe that my appetitive has become suppressed while in Ketosis, the sweetspot (OTHER sweetspot).

My question for today is this: If Keto is soooo sweet, and I want to stay here forever, how will that be possible once I reach my desired weight goal? Hmmmmm? I might be looking for a very delicate balance in order to stay in this Fairy Land.

This is the 1st time that I've dropped below 149lbs in about years, and I can't wait to shed the rest of these last few pounds from around my waist, hips and butt. Slow and steady.

No formal exercise tonight. I ran around all day at work and am exhausted. All I want to know is how all of YOU managed your day today! Let's hear it! /louisa
    F, 48, 5'10"

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    I love reading your journal as well!
    Thank you. Let's exchange ideas and learn from each other.
    F, 48, 5'10"

Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Louisa, I loved scanning through your journal! The adventure with husband and FlapJacks would have about killed me. I witnessed my boyfriend get into a jetskiing accident with me and all rational thought and regard to your own safety usually go out the window at that point. ;-) Girls gotta protect her man sometimes, too!

I am shocked you can eat so low calorie and still have "9-10" energy. Are you very inactive during the day or something?
    These 'life and death' accidents just have a way of pivoting us back to what's important, aren't they? By nature, I am a very high energy personality. I eat/drink my breakfast standing up. I never take my lunch hour at work. I grab my eggs and bacon, run into the lunch room and down them, brush my teeth and back to work. I seem to have a low threshold for boredom, so I'm always on to the next task or 'thing' or idea. Dinner has always been made from scratch, whole cooking at home -- I was raised that way. I'm bored of most meals before I complete them -- I often don't complete my meals. I'm not a snacker and I don't have cravings. Some of the 700-800 calorie days are concerning to me, but I just don't eat if I'm not hungry. I still have some fat to lose, so I'm not starving to death, that's for sure. I think it has to do with the consumption of the high percentage of fat -- it keeps me satiated. Thoughts?
    F, 48, 5'10"

Paleobird Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    These 'life and death' accidents just have a way of pivoting us back to what's important, aren't they? By nature, I am a very high energy personality. I eat/drink my breakfast standing up. I never take my lunch hour at work. I grab my eggs and bacon, run into the lunch room and down them, brush my teeth and back to work. I seem to have a low threshold for boredom, so I'm always on to the next task or 'thing' or idea. Dinner has always been made from scratch, whole cooking at home -- I was raised that way. I'm bored of most meals before I complete them -- I often don't complete my meals. I'm not a snacker and I don't have cravings. Some of the 700-800 calorie days are concerning to me, but I just don't eat if I'm not hungry. I still have some fat to lose, so I'm not starving to death, that's for sure. I think it has to do with the consumption of the high percentage of fat -- it keeps me satiated. Thoughts?
    Your body is getting plenty of nutrition when you are in a ketogenic weight loss mode like this. It is just getting the extra calories it needs from the storage unit known as your thighs. If you are not feeling actively hungry, as in growling in the belly, go with it and ride that wave while your body snacks on your adipose.

Caveat: For our height, 150 is about smack dab in the middle of the healthy range for BMI. 130 would be the absolute lower limit where you cross over into unhealthy territory. So, push it if it feels good but don't push it too far.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 09-10-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast