Thread: Whole 30, #3 -- The Goal is to remain in Ketosis

Threaded View

Whole 30, #3 -- The Goal is to remain in Ketosis

Today is Day 1 of my 3rd Whole 30. So far the experience has been grand. I'm 48 years old, 5" 10-3/4" and hanging between 149-151lbs. My body seems to 'like' 150lbs since it was there for years.

The goal is to drop more fat, and really lean out. My body likes to feel fit and 2 years of working on my Post Graduate degree has created some compromises.

The objective for the next 30 days is to document my approach to fat loss, and increased conditioning. I am a number counter and I am a geek, and not stressed by any of it. My motto is: You can't improve what you aren't measuring.

Over the past 2-3 weeks, my body has naturally drifted towards 2 meals per day. I've also noticed that I don't eat as much as most others on this forum, but I eat until I'm full -- never uncomfortable. I'm not an emotional eater and my biggest challenge is that I get bored easily and want to move onto the next 'task'. Therefore, I often get bored of my meal before finishing it -- something I'l have to work on.

And on a final note before the facts and figures of the day: I do not eat dairy, wheat, grains, sugar or legumes. I never eat fast foods, fried foods, or anything that comes in a package with a barcode --- the smell of fast food restaurants make me nauseous. I like clean, healthy, home, slow cooking.

So, without further adieu, there are the #'s for today:

Day 1 of 30:

Total Calories: 1,074
    Fat: 81.1
    Carbs: 19.9
    Protein: 68.1

Today's Weight 152 lbs

B-Fast:
    2 hardboiled eggs
    8 oz coffee with 2ozs coconut milk
    1/2 avocado

Lunch:
    small caesar salad (hold the croutons & cheese)

Dinner:
    small mixed salad with cucumbers, tomatoes & avocado
    1/2 rack of spareribs
    3 slices Proscuitto (and one for my dog)

Daily Supplements:
    Magnesium
    Iodine & Metal Trace Minerals

Workout - :60 minutes - outdoors

Warmup: 10 minutes:
    Skipping with weighted skipping rope

Main Work Out: 3 Sets of Each (short break between sets)
    20 Squats with 2 x 10 lb weights
    20 Lunges with 10lb weights
    Plank: 1 min
    Pull ups each arm: 15 with 10 lb weights
    Pull ups under a table (not able to do pull ups on a bar yet)
    SitUps with medicine ball on chest: 20

Warm Down: :20 minutes stretching on yoga mat and on yoga ball

Sleep Patterns:
    Wake up: 6am
    Sleep: 8-9pm
    Total sleep hours on average: 9-10 per night

Energy Levels: (0 - 10) **** 0 is the lowest and 10 being the highest:

9-10
    My day starts early with getting up and getting to work. Running all day at work with full energy levels. Leaving work to make dinner at home (I try to make 2 meals per evening) and freeze or make ahead. Workout, laundry, walking my fabulous dog, Basil, and then schoolwork, blogging or reading/researching. Luckily I work with my husband so I see him all day and he doesn't mind if I go to bed earlier than him.
    Last edited by Louisa655; 08-28-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.