Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Place to hide: Fukushima fallout findings & effects on USA food supplies page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    My dad worked with radiation his whole working life. He watched bombs go off at the Nevada test site. He went to the Marshall Islands for some clean-up work. He is 74 and wins races in his age group. I'm not going to say nukes are a good thing, but it's not certain you are going to die from Japanese radiation.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The article reads like a complete hog wash and fear mongering. No scientific research, completely incorrect statements, like about gamma radiation, no understanding of natural fluctuation, blah. Will buy California produce.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    My dad worked with radiation his whole working life. He watched bombs go off at the Nevada test site. He went to the Marshall Islands for some clean-up work. He is 74 and wins races in his age group. I'm not going to say nukes are a good thing, but it's not certain you are going to die from Japanese radiation.
    I actually think the new 4th generation nuclear plants Generation IV reactor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia hold great promise for the future, with about a 20 year window til they (we, actually) are ready. I don't think death per se is what Fukushima gives us Californicators, its more of a cautionary tale, that we can no longer roll dice 10,000 times & not expect snake eyes to show up once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    The article reads like a complete hog wash and fear mongering. No scientific research, completely incorrect statements, like about gamma radiation, no understanding of natural fluctuation, blah. Will buy California produce.
    Leida, I'm returning to & live in California. And I mostly buy & consume locally grown produce & harvested seafoods.

I posted this not to scare anyone, nor to propagandize, but I simply thought it was a worthwhile thing to put out there to think about & consider. People with compromised health, young families might appreciate the info, as skewed or faulty as you may think it is. I myself would rather err on the side of caution, until I can do my own research & talk to others in my area, Marin County, that are "on the ground" and have a depth of knowledgable I trust, as they are involved in local California eco-politics & organic advocacy for many decades, some since the halcyon '60s (some very old but well informed hippies).
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123