Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 95

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    Yeah, if it seems easy then you're not doing the form right and you're not getting the optimal muscle activation. I just went back to my log and I did my first workout from the DVD on July 2nd after trying moves off YouTube and buying the book. On July 1 my weight was 168.5. I measured per their chart a series of measurements from upper arms to calves. The starting total of these measurements was 377". My current weight is 155 and total measurement tally is 343.5 for a total inch loss of 33.5". I think that's pretty good! I am quite certain I am smaller than I was the last time I weighed 155, and I think my fat has redistributed itself for better body composition.
    Which DVD did you get? There are too many to choose from...

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    Gods, hopefully I will finally eventually feel the happiness of ketonic living. So far it was hit and miss. I am wondering if it is still sugar talking even 2 weeks in.
    i pretty much took 3 weeks and the last of them was a nightmare. i got mysteriously cold, low energy, un co-ordinated, tired etc. now, just under 3 weeks in, i can lift the same at the gym. i did a hill run on the treamill and it was no dramas at all.

I did read something on the news about a study they did with supplementing elderly with fish oil and giving them a weights program for a month. it was only a reported blurb so i have not seen the actual study but from memory it was a small group of women. 20? half got fish oil and half didnt. the ones who got fish oil made 15% improvement in strength so they were talking about expanding the study to a wider group and to men.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    total inch loss of 33.5".
    OMG! That is fantastic!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdarbs View Post
    Which DVD did you get? There are too many to choose from...
    I started out with "More," level 1, which I joke is the workout for "old fat crippled people." It has less reps but you go slow and really focus on form and muscle activation. I have some mobility issues with not being able to raise my arms straight up over my head and also bad mobility opening hips at the groin. After a month I bought the "Total" workout but some of that is still beyond my limitations. The first section of that workout, which can be purchased separately is "Basic Plus". Most anyone can handle Basuc and it only takes about 15 minutes once you learn proper form from the instructional.

I have become a T-Tapp junkie now and have "hit the floor" which is good for the abs, and that's my last "holdout" for inch loss. The Menopsuse Management is also a good one that is also helpful for people with adrenal fatigue, thyroid issues or other hormonal problems. Actually any of the workouts are helpful for the hormones. If you're not sure which one to start with, probably Basic+ if you don't have any major health issues or physical limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    OMG! That is fantastic!!
    I was surprised when I tallied it up! I have definitely lost nicely on my thighs which used to slightly rub together, Ugh! and the other day my husband actually told me my butt looked nice. I scrounged around to find a second mirror so I could see a back view rather than just from the side and I don't have hardly any butt crease, which means my buns are lifting! I didn't even think about that happening at 57 years old, but I'll take it !!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    after trying moves off YouTube and buying the book.
    Ok I just ordered the book. I only saw one? I should have asked first I guess :P

I scrounged around to find a second mirror so I could see a back view
    That is hilarious!! And Fabulous too!! Lifted buns are definitely a good thing. Have you seen the Brazillian Butt Lift? I want one of those too :P
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Yes there is only one book. It comes with a DVD of a few exercises. The book is a good reference but it would be tough to do the workout just from the pictures. All the exercises for Basic+ are shown and also for Total. There is a coupon for 30% off for a future order so you can use that to buy whatever workout DVDs you want.

Must check out the Brazilian. :-D.

heatherdarbs Guest
    I started out with "More," level 1, which I joke is the workout for "old fat crippled people." It has less reps but you go slow and really focus on form and muscle activation. I have some mobility issues with not being able to raise my arms straight up over my head and also bad mobility opening hips at the groin. After a month I bought the "Total" workout but some of that is still beyond my limitations. The first section of that workout, which can be purchased separately is "Basic Plus". Most anyone can handle Basuc and it only takes about 15 minutes once you learn proper form from the instructional.

I have become a T-Tapp junkie now and have "hit the floor" which is good for the abs, and that's my last "holdout" for inch loss. The Menopsuse Management is also a good one that is also helpful for people with adrenal fatigue, thyroid issues or other hormonal problems. Actually any of the workouts are helpful for the hormones. If you're not sure which one to start with, probably Basic+ if you don't have any major health issues or physical limitations.
    Awesome; thanks! I don't have any physical limitations and am pretty fit already, so I want to make sure I'd get something challenging enough. I do need help bringing back my estrogen; I did away with that by overtraining before, so I'm trying to get balanced again. It sounds like this would be a good way to start. Thanks, again

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I keep wanting to check out T-tapp!

I just had the most delicious soup I wanted to share and I am continuing to lose... yeah! I weighed 133 this morning!!! Down from 146 in june!

Double Italian Sausage Soup
    1/2 lb. sweet italian sausage
    1/2 lb. hot italian sausage
    6 bacon slices, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    4 cups chicken stock
    1 10 oz. pk frozen chopped spinach
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    grated parmesan cheese

In a large heavy pan, brown sausage and bacon pieces over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 5 min. Add stock and spinach and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add cream and heat through. Serve with parmesan cheese.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    I keep wanting to check out T-tapp!

I just had the most delicious soup I wanted to share and I am continuing to lose... yeah! I weighed 133 this morning!!! Down from 146 in june!

Double Italian Sausage Soup
    1/2 lb. sweet italian sausage
    1/2 lb. hot italian sausage
    6 bacon slices, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    4 cups chicken stock
    1 10 oz. pk frozen chopped spinach
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    grated parmesan cheese

In a large heavy pan, brown sausage and bacon pieces over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 5 min. Add stock and spinach and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add cream and heat through. Serve with parmesan cheese.
    This recipe sounds delicious! I just copied it. Thanks!

Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast