Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 94

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Ok, I never paid much attention to the 03 & 06's. I kind of glaze over when ppl start talking about it, which must be what happened when that was posted, because I did not catch that. Now I need to really study that whole 03/06-thigh business!! However right now, they don't seem to be as bad though, because of my tummy
    I don't pay a whole lot of attention to it, either. I eat conventional meat most of the time. Any O3 I get comes from salmon and mackerel. But the question was asked if there was any difference between the fat in macadamias and the fat in bacon, and there is a difference. Also, eating more O3 helps relieve a lot of inflammation. I know because I don't have pain in my feet anymore. It used to be so bad and now it's gone.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I don't pay a whole lot of attention to it, either. I eat conventional meat most of the time. Any O3 I get comes from salmon and mackerel. But the question was asked if there was any difference between the fat in macadamias and the fat in bacon, and there is a difference. Also, eating more O3 helps relieve a lot of inflammation. I know because I don't have pain in my feet anymore. It used to be so bad and now it's gone.
    K I am going to have to research and learn the differences. 03=good and 06=bad, right? I usually eat salmon once or twice a week. I was taking a fish oil daily, 2 sometimes as reccommended on the bottle, but I havent been taking my supplements lately. I thought I was eating most of what I needed, but I did like taking supplements to fill in the gaps for when I wasnt paying attention - just in case. I have almonds, usually .25 to .5 ounces per day, most days but not always but I never have macadamian nuts.

But I didnt have supplements or salmon this week. Maybe I have some inflammation as a result. I have had some back aches this last week or so. Little stiffness but not bad. And weight loss has not been good this month. Horrid actually. Only days left to the month and as of today, I am .3 higher than the month started. I have never not lost ANY weight since I started 9 months ago. ugggh
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Energy! is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    ... in June I started an exercise program called T-Tapp, originated by Teresa Tapp. It is based on spinal alignment and moving more than one muscle group at a time in ways that exercise the muscle at both the origin and the insertion. It is supposed to give you long, lean muscles with good density rather than bulk. It can debulk muscles if you have areas you want to slim down. The exercises appear easy but if you are using correct form you will be sore and sweating. I do 15-20 minutes a day five or six days a week and it is helping me rehab bad joints as well as lose inches. I am totally sold on this program as the smartest and most effective way to exercise.
    Thanks for the tip...I looked at her intro video and it looks like a good program. Here is a link: What is T-Tapp?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    03=good and 06=bad, right?
    It's not that simple. Both are essential and you need both in your diet. But O6 is everywhere and O3 is more rare. Also, O6 from pork or macadamia nuts (and I don't even know if macadamia nuts have much O6) is not the same as O6 from soybean oil. From pork (or chicken or nuts or whatever) it's not unhealthy, but you want a good balance. So basically all you have to do is make sure you get some fatty fish like salmon in your diet (or fish oil capsules if you don't like fish) and grass-fed/grass-finished beef/lamb if you can, and then avoid the soybean oil and you should be fine without thinking about it at all.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    avoid the soybean oil and you should be fine without thinking about it at all.
    Consider that part done

Thanks for the info. Though I am intrigued about the thigh part

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy! View Post
    Thanks for the tip...I looked at her intro video and it looks like a good program. Here is a link: What is T-Tapp?
    I need to add up how many inches I have lost since I started his program, but it is dramatic, especially in view of the modest amount of weight I have lost in that period of time. The exercises seem to tweak the metabolism and hormone balance, and the lymphatic movement helps with detox. The predominantly non-strenuous exercise (there is some cardio, but not super intensive) helps insulin sensitivity without raising cortisol levels. It's something I can do for life, whereas I would never be bothered to go to a gym. Plus, I have had lower back pain, sciatic pain etc. in the past, and I know with T-Tapp I am not going to create injuries. I have a friend who broke her foot doing Zumba. While Zumba looks like fun, T-Tapp is more effective and safer.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info. Though I am intrigued about the thigh part
    (Groan) the idea is that we store the baby-necessary chemical in thigh fat, and we derive it from O3. If you are eating diet poor in O3, you keep storing fat and fat and fat to try to reach the concentration of that baby-thing chemical. And since you store it on the thighs, you add more fat to the thighs. That's what I gathered from the Why Women Need Fat book (the most depressing read out there).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    I need to add up how many inches I have lost since I started his program, but it is dramatic, especially in view of the modest amount of weight I have lost in that period of time.
    I have gone there several times to snoop around, but then forget about going back. I have made some bookmarks so I can try a few moves. Thanks!

momrn is offline Member
    I've been following this thread with great interest, and I can second the ttapp recommendation.

There is something about it that makes my mood so much better. I was surprised at how muscular I got with it. My friend who is a dedicated crossfitter couldn't believe it.

Some of the stuff on her site is pretty hokey, but the exercise program is perfect for me.

You can find lots of her moves on youtube and try it out. Don't be fooled by the ease of it.
    Last edited by momrn; 09-28-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: To add info

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post
    I've been following this thread with great interest, and I can second the ttapp recommendation.

There is something about it that makes my mood so much better. I was surprised at how muscular I got with it. My friend who is a dedicated crossfitter couldn't believe it.

Some of the stuff on her site is pretty hokey, but the exercise program is perfect for me.

You can find lots of her moves on youtube and try it out. Don't be fooled by the ease of it.
    Yeah, if it seems easy then you're not doing the form right and you're not getting the optimal muscle activation. I just went back to my log and I did my first workout from the DVD on July 2nd after trying moves off YouTube and buying the book. On July 1 my weight was 168.5. I measured per their chart a series of measurements from upper arms to calves. The starting total of these measurements was 377". My current weight is 155 and total measurement tally is 343.5 for a total inch loss of 33.5". I think that's pretty good! I am quite certain I am smaller than I was the last time I weighed 155, and I think my fat has redistributed itself for better body composition.

Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast