Page 93 of 104 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 93

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Shop Now
    I avoid the scale the week before my period cause it often shifts upwards, but it does go back down again!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I think weighing any more than once a week is pointless. Day to day variations are affected by how much fluid you're holding, how much food is in your colon, how much glycogen is in your liver and muscles. It really is a pointless exercise to weigh yourself daily and try to look for answers by looking at your food intake. Once a week will show you the trends and after a month, once you see what that trend is (either up or down) you could then have a look at your food intake, exercise schedule, etc and see if changes need to be made. Trying to make reasoned decisions on food intake based on daily weighing is a complete waste of time.

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    Gawd Em - you're so sensible
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianne482 View Post
    Nice post. I remember when I first went low carb, I was told to drink heavy whipping cream as a source of fat. Gained bc I didn't realize how calorie dense that stuff is lol. Now I eat just eat more fatty cuts of meat, local eggs, and local raw dairy
    Sigh. Spamming is, like, so last century . Can't you go and get a real life somewhere??
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Gawd Em - you're so sensible
    Not really, just very much a BTDT issue for me.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I weigh myself daily to see if I am eating too much and need to dial down or can keep eating at the same caloric level. I understand the bloating, water retention, pump and digestive system fluctuations and take it into account - and try to address it as well if I can (i.e. drink dandelion tea if I am bloated or restrict the food that causes bloating. At my weight I can't expect to lose much or anything at all unless I am super-vigilant, so I need to keep an eye on the dayly data. After all, I am fighting the 20-years+ set-point here.

However, you do hear how some foods just make people gain, fruit, dairy and nuts. I am firmly off sweet fruits (I do eat tomatoes, though), cheat some on dairy (like licking the spoon after loading Greek Yogurt into my daughter's lunch) and I made nuts one meal a day (to boost fats) because I don't feel satiated by drinking butter and cream in coffee/tea - I don't like cream, and I end up over-salting my tea when I use butter,and, after a few days I just feel so water logged if butter tea is >2x a day. I never really finish more than 1/2 cup of coffee when I do macadamia, but I feel compelled to finish the butter tea, since it's precious calories. So, I was wondering if it is Okay to eat macadamia breakfasts....

Once a week I have a control weigh in that is done at the same time (and 3 hrs later than my normal wake up time during the week). Once a month I record inches. It doesn't matter in the end much, because I have a voraciousness that far too often overrides the numbers. How body builders do it, I can't imagine. I am gaining so much respect for these gals, I can't say it enough. Such a complete emotional control. Wow. How they survive all the mind talk I dunno. Wonder-women!

Anyway, I think I was wrong to dial down protein even for the no-training week. Gym was scary, in fact I was afraid for my safety and was about to just leave at some point. I fumbled, loaded weights incorrectly, bad things. I pulled up my socks and the energy came sometime mid-way but I dropped cardio due to initial exhaustion, thinking that carrying my 15+ lbs backpack (lap-top + 8 lbs of weights + everything else) up that huge hill on the way home will be enough. I was also on the verge of weeping all day, and went really close to giving in to the "I Don't Care" and "I Cannot Change" thoughts and eating an apple at that crucial time when you should be in bed, sleeping but you are wandering and wandering and feeling ill at ease. I think sleeping horridly for the past few nights contributed... but I slept better tonight.

Hopefully, after yesterday's protein doze (~ 90 g) I can survive today without the major problems & can compensate the lack of cardio. I am not sure yet if I should sprint at lunch (too lazy to change into w/o clothes) and swim after work, or go for a walk at lunch, then do the 20 min X-trainer I skipped yesterday, then swim. Or, I can do swim-sprints, then a lazy swim...

Whatever happens, the steam room is finally opened so I can finally get my fix before the weekend lifting, oh-la-la!

Now, to mentally prepare to the horrors of 2-3 pm plunge.

Gods, hopefully I will finally eventually feel the happiness of ketonic living. So far it was hit and miss. I am wondering if it is still sugar talking even 2 weeks in.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-28-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    However, you do hear how some foods just make people gain, fruit, dairy and nuts.
    Yal this one always puzzles me. I guess because I havent completely cut it out, that I do not know for sure how it affects me. I do know that I started out losing weight including things like dairy, nuts and even grains & legumes that I actually added in, because I thought they were good for me. Carbs were waaaaay higher than now, and weight was coming off faster. But SAD carbs were even higher to start with, so it was still a reduction.

Now that I "think" I know more, and try to tweak things, my weight loss as really slowed down. (and no I am not close to goal) I get to a place where I think I really have Got This! and then I realize, I don't have it at all. I did much better when I was just dumbly and blindly trying to lose weight. I guess I over analysis to the point of paralyze.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

The only thing I know for sure is that fruit does make me gain because it really raises my appetite and gives me sugar hungers. Nuts seem to be fine, but sbhikes says O3/O6 is not good & O3/O6 is what is responsible for losing fat on thighs. Dairy suppsoed to be the same as fruit, but I dunno, I have never had as strong and clear a reaction as to fruit.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Nuts seem to be fine, but sbhikes says O3/O6 is not good & O3/O6 is what is responsible for losing fat on thighs.
    Ok, I never paid much attention to the 03 & 06's. I kind of glaze over when ppl start talking about it, which must be what happened when that was posted, because I did not catch that. Now I need to really study that whole 03/06-thigh business!! However right now, they don't seem to be as bad though, because of my tummy
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Heh, I can't help thinking that 99% of nutri-research os BS anyway churned out by the author to justify his own likes and dislikes. I am a nutritional cynic!

Page 93 of 104 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast