Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 83

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had kale chips with lots and lots and lots of coconut oil tonight... good way to get that coconut oil in!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I guess my little recent carb mistakes didn't set me back at all. I think the slow heart-rate training helps a lot too. Perhaps it helps soften the effects of an accidental ingestion of too many carbs.

I went for a strenuous hike today with lots of elevation gain in the hot sun, south-facing slopes, sun-baked, heat of the day, merciless etc. I ate too much fat too quickly at dinner last night so I couldn't stand the thought of breakfast. I just had some buttered coffee and away I went.

I was pretty hungry at the lunch break at the summit. I pulled out a cold, cooked steak. What a great hiking food! Screw protein bars. Bring a steak. I had some macadamias, too.

On and on the hike went. The sun was sooo hot! But my energy NEVER flagged, never let up. My energy never decreased even when I was hungry on the way up. It didn't decrease with the heat. It didn't decrease when I ran out of water. It didn't decrease toward the end.

I never felt any aches or pains, nothing to make me feel tired or ready to quit. I was actually feeling stronger and more energetic toward the end. I could have done more and more and more. I was running a little bit at the end, in fact. Mostly because this fast lady was right on my heels, but I swear if I'd been all alone I probably would have let loose and really run, and then I would have run and run and run all the way to the car.

That's the way I know I'm totally in the fat-burning state. Oh wow, I really love that. And it's all due to the fat. Gotta have lots of fat. And I suppose the veggies help, too, and the slow heartrate training I think has made me a little stronger, too, but none of it would work without the fat.
    Yes! I love it!

Steak : The Ultimate Protein Bar

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    I had kale chips with lots and lots and lots of coconut oil tonight... good way to get that coconut oil in!
    Do you make your own? The ones I've found in the markets all have yucky oils. Any good recipes?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I got some marscapone cheese. It's really bland. What do I do with it?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Sanas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    One thing I'm finding about the Moar Fat ketosis plan is that my skin feels wonderful. Eating all that fat is like a moisturizer from the inside out.
    Funny. My skin got drier. I suppose that might change in time.

Picaro is offline Member
    I've been having it with some mixed berries ( watch your berry serving !) and it is delicious.

Or...I make a sort of chocolate mousse with bourneville cocoa, coconut milk powder, and pouring cream with a dash of vanilla. You could have that, with some mascarpone and some chopped macadamias ( aka Queensland nuts....previously known as Bauple nuts)
    Last edited by Picaro; 09-23-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    "Continue being a man and you will be excellent. Pussy will rain from the sky. " - Legbiter
    Couldn't resist immortalizing this quote.

Paleobird Guest
    I love it just off a spoon but you could also smear it on fat bread or use it as the base for a very fatty guac or other dips with a little salsa or other seasonings. Picaro's idea of berries is good too. I bet it would make very creamy creamed spinach. <makes mental note for tomorrow>

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Stir a few spoonfuls up with a bit of pure cocoa powder, a few drops of marsala and maybe a tiny pinch of coffee, and you've got cheat's tiramisu. Well, kinda. Indulgent and fatty enough to kill any dessert-ish cravings I ever have.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Kinesio is offline Junior Member
    this is a cool post. I experienced the weight gain and unlimited calorie concept myself almost 2 yrs ago. I was miserable, did the same thing went back to eating moderately healthy and counting calories and all the weight came off but these things took time and I wasn't happy. I totally understand.

Now I'm back with health issues! and I'm trying this again. Eat less, live longer is my mantra. I have restrictions and can't eat everything on the primal list due to allergies but my goal is in 90 days to be able to reintroduce foods.

Drink water, more veggies! Smaller portions. Less caffeine, bed early. that's my thing. Thanks again, your post was great.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Do you make your own? The ones I've found in the markets all have yucky oils. Any good recipes?
    I make mine with olive oil, but you could use whatever oil you wanted--I've been wanting to do them with avocado oil because I think it would be super yum. I heat the oven to 350F. While that's warming, I line a baking sheet with some parchment paper (mostly because it makes it easier to clean up), tear up kale into pieces, lay it out on the sheet in a single layer (can be touching) and drizzle it with oil, then grind some good sea salt over it. You could probably add whatever seasonings you wanted at that point, but I like mine just with the salt and the taste of the oil. Then I put them in the oven for 15-20 minutes--you'll want to watch to make sure they crisp and don't burn the first couple of times because they can go from one to the other fairly quickly.

Then I just put them into a big glass bowl and usually devour the entire lot at one sitting. I can go through an entire bunch of kale that way--it's a very tasty way to get in a lot of greens in a hurry. I figure if I'm going to eat a whole big bowl of any sort of snack, kale chips are a pretty healthy way to do it.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast