Page 82 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 82

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You are so cute lissee... fabulous video and recipe

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Fun, funny & yummy video, lissee.

I have thick African shea butter I bought from some African ladies @ a street fair in California. It's nice, I like it that it has natural sun screen qualities & is so thick it stays on all day even if I'm out in the sun sweating or swimming, or both.

Emu oil is in a whole 'nother class though from coconut or shea, it's a veritable powerhouse of medicinal effects. The following link is from a vendor selling their oil, but I pasted it here coz it lists & extols its attributes & uses so succinctly. That doesn't detract from the myriad of other sites, all offering the science & extensive studies & decades & loads of anecdotal testimonials that exist about this wonderful oil. I have no commissionable monetary interest in this product or company, if you were to order from them (expensive imo). I get mine from Swansons Vitamins, no affiliate relationship there either. https://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=emu&x=0&y=0

Come Learn About Emu Oil

All three types of our pure emu oil are natural sources of Omega 3 EFA (Linolenic Acid), Omega 6 EFA (Linoleic Acid), and Omega 9 (Oleic Acid). These fatty acids are vital for healthy skin & body functions. When applied topically, emu oil will penetrate into the skin delivering the health benefits of these fatty acids as it penetrates. Our pure emu oil will moisturize, nourish, and soothe your skin resulting in healthier skin that will look and feel great.

This same oil can be used as a natural treatment for damaged skin such as burns, cuts, scars, wounds, or abrasions. It is a popular treatment for parched or cracked dry skin as well as for conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Since emu oil is an anti-inflammatory it is also used by people who prefer a natural treatment for sore muscles or achy joints.
    Read our list of Common Uses of Emu Oil compiled from the personal experiences of our customers.

Emu oil is simple to use and a few drops is usually all it takes. You can apply it directly to your skin. Just give the oil a few minutes to penetrate and your skin should not feel oily when you are done . If it does, you may have used too much and you should use slightly less next time. You will soon figure out how much to use for your particular skin type and condition. Learn more about How To Use Emu Oil.

Our pure emu oil works well for many conditions because of several reasons:

Natural non-irritating transdermal oil - it has the unique ability to penetrate deep into the skin tissue all the way to the cellular level without irritating sensitive tissue.

Powerful anti-inflammatory - as emu oil penetrates, it helps to relieve inflammation not only on the surface of the skin but also deep into the muscles and joints as well.

Wonderful moisturizer - our pure emu oil replenishes the skin's natural oils and adds vital moisture to dry, damaged tissue.

Natural source of Omega 3, 6, and 9 - these important fatty acids moisturize, nourish, soothe, and protect the skin.

Transdermal carrier - emu oil has the ability to carry itself and other added ingredients along with it into the body.

High purity level - our pure emu oil is Non-Toxic, Hypo-Allergenic, Non-Comedogenic (won't clog your pores), a

Non-Ocular Irritant (won't irritate your eyes) and is Bio-Degradable (eco friendly).

These amazing characteristics make our pure emu oil one of the most versatile natural products on the market today with a wide range of applications and benefits. Our pure emu oil is a natural penetrating oil that will moisturize, nourish, and soothe your skin.

The remarkable properties of Emu Oil are undergoing extensive research from several of the leading Research Institutes and Universities in the U.S. Emu Oil is a highly marketable oil which is currently being introduced to many health and beauty companies. Emu Oil is currently being used by many national sports teams to help reduce inflammation and soreness in the muscles and joints of top athletes.

Research is currently being conducted regarding the use of Emu Oil in the following areas:
    Anti-Aging Pain Management Burn Treatment Arthritis Relief Hair Loss
    Cholesterol Reduction Weight Control Inflammation Cancer Treatments and more
    Last edited by Betorq; 09-22-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    still dodging the carbs here. i am so proud of myself. i went fishing and got the livers and the frames and heads to make stock with. i cooked up the livers with the fish fillets. i figured i could give them to the dog if they weren't nice. i bore in mind they were a delicacy given to children by one of my blood lines. took a small bite expecting something like cod liver oil and they were yummy!
    i have a question about lissee's recipe. if there is only 45g of chocolate and the gelatin sets it, could you use cocoa powder instead? co-incidentally, i happen to have all the other ingredients to hand.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I loved your video. It was fun and educational and the pudding looked pretty tasty, too. You have such beautiful skin, too. You are definitely a testimonial to the healthiness of this way of living. Don't think otherwise!
    Thanks everyone for your kind! kind! comments! I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now. It's hard to put yourself out there when you're feeling vulnerable, so thanks!

And sbhikes, thanks for the skin comment! That totally made my morning. I had wonderful skin as a teen, but then I think my wheat allergy hit, and I had acne for a long time through my late, late teens, college, and my working career. Finally developed rosacea to go along with it. Cutting out wheat got rid of most of the acne. Cutting out potatoes got rid of the rest of the acne, and then eating ketogenically, has really reduced the redness in the rosacea, happy day!

And to seaweed, yes! I think you could substitute cocoa powder for the chocolate bar. I just can't find cocoa powder here in Vienna, and the baking chocolate here looked horrible (only 40-45% cocoa anyway) and so I just use regular eating chocolate.

Thanks again everyone!

Betorq! Wow, thanks for posting the Emu Oil info. I think I need to order some. It sounds amazing. I'm particularly interested in it's claims to assist with rosacea and excema.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it does work with cocoa powder. i also agree with your statement that if you werent used to not having sugar it could need sweetening. i like it as it is myself =)

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    it does work with cocoa powder. i also agree with your statement that if you werent used to not having sugar it could need sweetening. i like it as it is myself =)
    Yay! so glad to hear that it worked!

And Urban Forager, let us know if you're able to make it in the microwave!

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Quote Originally Posted by meeme View Post
    Wonderful news about your test results!!! Would you report back on the Emu oil so those of us with dry skin can benefit...Please? I'm using Shea butter (per Paleobird) and it's wonderful.
    I didnt scratch my legs last night, so that was a plus! Time will tell. I also put a small amount on my face before bed. I slept great last night...we'll see how the rest of the week goes!

Paleobird Guest
    One thing I'm finding about the Moar Fat ketosis plan is that my skin feels wonderful. Eating all that fat is like a moisturizer from the inside out.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I guess my little recent carb mistakes didn't set me back at all. I think the slow heart-rate training helps a lot too. Perhaps it helps soften the effects of an accidental ingestion of too many carbs.

I went for a strenuous hike today with lots of elevation gain in the hot sun, south-facing slopes, sun-baked, heat of the day, merciless etc. I ate too much fat too quickly at dinner last night so I couldn't stand the thought of breakfast. I just had some buttered coffee and away I went.

I was pretty hungry at the lunch break at the summit. I pulled out a cold, cooked steak. What a great hiking food! Screw protein bars. Bring a steak. I had some macadamias, too.

On and on the hike went. The sun was sooo hot! But my energy NEVER flagged, never let up. My energy never decreased even when I was hungry on the way up. It didn't decrease with the heat. It didn't decrease when I ran out of water. It didn't decrease toward the end.

I never felt any aches or pains, nothing to make me feel tired or ready to quit. I was actually feeling stronger and more energetic toward the end. I could have done more and more and more. I was running a little bit at the end, in fact. Mostly because this fast lady was right on my heels, but I swear if I'd been all alone I probably would have let loose and really run, and then I would have run and run and run all the way to the car.

That's the way I know I'm totally in the fat-burning state. Oh wow, I really love that. And it's all due to the fat. Gotta have lots of fat. And I suppose the veggies help, too, and the slow heartrate training I think has made me a little stronger, too, but none of it would work without the fat.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 82 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast