Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 75

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I think the main difference with the coconut cream is they either use different coconuts or they use them at a different age. It has a slightly more fruity, desserty taste and kind of doesn't make curries taste right. No sugar, just more coconut fragrance or essence or whatever you want to call it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I tried to put my can of coconut milk in the fridge to seperate it and it didn't work very well. I left it in over night...when I opened it it wasn't anymore seperated than if I had opened it out of the cupboard. (Native Forest Organic Brand)

Leida is offline Senior Member
    What are the ingredients? Are there any stabilizers? I am buying Thai brand that is just milk and water and it separates pretty reliably, I have to mix it in together all the time (I just like my milk thickened by cold and chilled). Very rarely it actually separates into pure water and pure solids.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    I have a new favorite breakfast:

1 slice fat bread
    generous splooge of mascarpone
    4 raspberries on top.

Delicious!!!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    I tried to put my can of coconut milk in the fridge to seperate it and it didn't work very well. I left it in over night...when I opened it it wasn't anymore seperated than if I had opened it out of the cupboard. (Native Forest Organic Brand)
    Native Forest always separates for me (it does have organic guar gum in it). If you shook it beforehand, that might be why it wouldn't separate. I had no more than an inch of "water" at the bottom after it had separated.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Sanas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Not good but transitory. You may have pushed the salt a bit too far. Back off a bit and keep drinking water and it should flush out.

I have actually found that my BP has gone down since going VLC. From 120/80 on regular Primal to 90/60 on VLC.
    Thanks, PaleoBird. I'll do that.

Last night my dreams were full of violence and combat, something I'm familiar with from pre-PB days. It usually means my body is stressed from something I've ingested. I woke up feeling actually angry.

Could be too much salt, I guess, or maybe a couple of days worth of new tiny green string beans, which I don't usually eat, but I bought the big package from Costco and ds and dh aren't eating them fast enough.

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    I went to the doctor today for the first time in 5 years. BP is 130/72. Isn't 130 fairly high for this type diet? I expected no more than 120. I had blood drawn today for blood work, so am looking forward to comparing new results to my previous, which showed rather high cholesterol and pretty bad triglycerides.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    There are a number of variables that control blood pressure. I once sat at a machine (the real, hospital one they use in the rooms) and took my BP every two minutes for about 15 minutes. It went up and down constantly, lowest was like 115 over 65 and it (especially when I first sat down) went as high as about 130 over 75. One BP measurement is as useless as a cholesterol number only drawn once. It changes all day long.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I am wondering if one can just sub the thick portion of the coconut milk that separates in the fridge when chilled
    i was thinking about this last night and i am sure the best creme brulee i made was with this bit. my coconut milk i get is a smidgen less fat on the label than the coconut cream. as in a couple of gs less. and it doesnt lump up like the coconut cream. so when you make stuff with it and it gets cold, it is smooth.

stressing about having BP taken apparently makes it sky rocket as well.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think the main difference with the coconut cream is they either use different coconuts or they use them at a different age. It has a slightly more fruity, desserty taste and kind of doesn't make curries taste right. No sugar, just more coconut fragrance or essence or whatever you want to call it.
    You sound like a wine snob discussing fine vintages. Now we are becoming coconut snobs.
    The only difference between coconut milk and coconut cream is the amount of water in the mix. Of course they vary by brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    What are the ingredients? Are there any stabilizers? I am buying Thai brand that is just milk and water and it separates pretty reliably, I have to mix it in together all the time (I just like my milk thickened by cold and chilled). Very rarely it actually separates into pure water and pure solids.
    This. Find one with one ingredient: Coconut.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    I have a new favorite breakfast:
    1 slice fat bread
    generous splooge of mascarpone
    4 raspberries on top.
    Delicious!!!
    A splooge. I love that word. That is a good combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanas View Post
    Could be too much salt, I guess, or maybe a couple of days worth of new tiny green string beans, which I don't usually eat, but I bought the big package from Costco and ds and dh aren't eating them fast enough.
    Careful with Costco veggies. Sometimes there are "seasonings" added that could be anything from sugar to msg.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    I went to the doctor today for the first time in 5 years. BP is 130/72. Isn't 130 fairly high for this type diet? I expected no more than 120. I had blood drawn today for blood work, so am looking forward to comparing new results to my previous, which showed rather high cholesterol and pretty bad triglycerides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    There are a number of variables that control blood pressure. I once sat at a machine (the real, hospital one they use in the rooms) and took my BP every two minutes for about 15 minutes. It went up and down constantly, lowest was like 115 over 65 and it (especially when I first sat down) went as high as about 130 over 75. One BP measurement is as useless as a cholesterol number only drawn once. It changes all day long.
    Yes. Nothing to be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    stressing about having BP taken apparently makes it sky rocket as well.
    Yes. They even have a medical name for it. "White coat hypertension." Seriously. If anyone is interested in knowing their real BP they should get a home monitor. They are quite cheap at any pharmacy. Then you can test in comfortable surroundings and, over time, you can see real trends, not one isolated spike or dip.

Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast