Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 74

Sanas is offline Senior Member
    Well, this is interesting . . . .

Aug 3, 5 pm 100/58, 54 [bp, heart rate] fairly typical numbers for me
    Sep 17, 5 pm 110/61, 69 had not been active previous to taking this reading

As of September 17, I've been eating extra salt for maybe a week. I'm also about 4 pounds heavier. I look like the Pillsbury dough boy.

Is this a good thing?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i just followed a stereotypical creme brulee recipe like this one

BBC - Food - Recipes : Original crème brûlée

scaled it down and ditched the sugar. so in american lol ...
    approx 3 floz of coconut cream per egg yolk with vanilla to taste. beat it all up. chuck it in some rammekins sitting in a baking tray of water then bake till wobbly set. cool and chill.
    ETA: you could prob down it to 2 egg yolks as you dont have the sugar so less to set?

i have seen recipes for white chocolate cream brulee which has potential to add in stuff like creamed coconut ( coconut manna? ) or 100% choc to the coconut cream and egg yolk mix. i was even thinking maybe some ghee when i was out for a walk with the dog just now. the key with creme brulee is to chill it.

i remembered too i used to make coconut custard for the kids way back. which was about a can of coconut cream, 6 whole eggs, vanilla or i'd do something like put some chai spices in. then honey or palm sugar to taste and bake. you could easily leave the sugar out there too as i have made cream brulee with whole eggs before and it worked too. this was nice hot or cold.
    Thank you for translating for us metrically challenged Yanks. I wish this country would just quit being bull headed and go metric already. It would make everything easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanas View Post
    Well, this is interesting . . . .

Aug 3, 5 pm 100/58, 54 [bp, heart rate] fairly typical numbers for me
    Sep 17, 5 pm 110/61, 69 had not been active previous to taking this reading

As of September 17, I've been eating extra salt for maybe a week. I'm also about 4 pounds heavier. I look like the Pillsbury dough boy.

Is this a good thing?
    Not good but transitory. You may have pushed the salt a bit too far. Back off a bit and keep drinking water and it should flush out.

I have actually found that my BP has gone down since going VLC. From 120/80 on regular Primal to 90/60 on VLC.

Picaro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Thank you for translating for us metrically challenged Yanks. I wish this country would just quit being bull headed and go metric already. It would make everything easier.
    How about fixing the date as well.......Day/Month/Year......how did you guys get to the moon? Oh thats right, you didnt..hehe

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    How about fixing the date as well.......Day/Month/Year......how did you guys get to the moon? Oh thats right, you didnt..hehe
    Snort
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    lol i can do both unless it is quarts and fluid quarts which i have to google. otherwise i only get confused when i have the speedo on my car totally in mph which can be financially hazardous at times when i go on a mini crime spree and become the nation's most photographed woman for the day lol

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    ... and temperatures. Celcius is so much easier!

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    What exactly is coconut cream? Not coconut milk or coconut butter, right? Just sold as coconut cream?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Coconut cream is sold separately, but you have to watch out since quite often it has sugar added (what doesn't, lol). I am wondering if one can just sub the thick portion of the coconut milk that separates in the fridge when chilled. I know I have can from time to time that completely segregates into thick sour-cream like mass and pure water.

Anyways....

Yeah, can we collectively get off Leida's case? I can't tell you the number of times I got called anorexic for wanting to get from a size 10 to a 6. My body, my goals. And, as you can see on my pics, I'm not skinny.
    Thank you What happens a lot is that the real not alarming numbers for females are not published. The nutritional science is conservative, and the averages quoted are based on old data, most of it harkening to the beginning of the century - mid century, when most people continuously moved around during the day, did a lot more manual tasks etc. The formulas also round up. When the recent correction such as Mifflin were done, by measuring BMRs experimentally, surprise-surprise - the BMRs are lower, by like 20%. People also tend to make mistakes in applying activity multipliers a great deal. In the end they arrive at the amount of calories that is far exceeding the need particularly for females who are either shorter or lighter weight.

Yes, a small percentage of females under-eat on a regular basis. But, guess what, those are the ones that see basically immediate weight loss when they scale calories up. It is a very easy clause to check. In all other cases, we over-eat, because we are designed to over-eat rather than under-eat. It is a strong evolutionary bias. It is like with plants: most house plants die from over-watering & over-fertilizing rather than under-watering.

Dangerously thin is not something to ignore, but it is being applied across the board too much. True anorexia is not that common, it is a complex condition, rather well defined and it is chronic.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-18-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Trojan is offline Member
    Mmmm Coconut Cream sounds sinful! YUM!
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Muscle weighs more than fat and scales are evil.

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes you can use the thick portion from the canned coconut milk. Like real cream rises to the top of non-homogenized milk, coconut cream rises to the top of the coconut milk can.

Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast