Page 69 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 69

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    This is probably a silly question, but do you eat the rind part of brie cheese?
    The rind is edible. Not entirely tasty in my opinion but edible and more trouble that it's worth taking off.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    This is probably a silly question, but do you eat the rind part of brie cheese?
    It's my favourite part of brie, and my brother hates it, so when we're hanging out together, I get all his rinds.

I usually just eat my brie all by itself. Unfortunately, I can also devour a couple of hundred grams of it at a time, so I almost never bring it into my house.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    It's my favourite part of brie, and my brother hates it, so when we're hanging out together, I get all his rinds.

I usually just eat my brie all by itself. Unfortunately, I can also devour a couple of hundred grams of it at a time, so I almost never bring it into my house.
    ^ This!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I get Brie so gooey you can't remove the rind.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    PS I probably shouldn't hang out here since there's no way I'm in ketosis after this weekend of sushi rice, figs and mango slices in my sashimi salad.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member

^ this too!

PS I probably shouldn't hang out here since there's no way I'm in ketosis after this weekend of sushi rice, figs and mango slices in my sashimi salad.
    i am feeling very pleased with myself as i avoided several carbs at the weekend. at least you enjoyed yours. mine would have been whisky ( which i know sorta doesnt count as a carb ) and hot chips in nasty oil. despite my self righteousness, i am still feeling absolutely run down by a train tho. is this normal?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    I would absolutely have to agree with you here and this is coming from someone who has an addiction. altho if i make the effort to avoid caffeine, i can cope on decaf beans as it is more the flavour i cant seem to shake. i also saw the effect those wonderful caffeine filled fat burners had on me and it was scarey.

I read somewhere that the closest thing in composition to our blood is sea water. I love swimming in the sea and always feel so much calmer and balanced after. I have also read stuff about skin absorption of magnesium being the best way and magnesium deficiency. As in we used to swim alot in the sea so our skin absorbed alot of magnesium from there. I try to have seafood several times a week but then we live right next to the water so i can forage shellfish and sea veges easily. the environmental impact of commercial fishing is a problem tho.
    Go with the decaf.
    That may explain why I feel so awesome after a swim in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    read on here, i think, that we evolved to absorb magnesium transdermally. although i take magnesium supps, eat grass-fed dairy and have bone broth regularly, i cannot believe how much better i feel after a magnesium salts bath. 1000% better than a soak in just a hot tub.

most days am doing better with less protein and higer fat but work has been so hectic i haven't been as compliant as i'd like. no pounds gone this week, but inches for sure. a couple skirts that haven't fit since last year are going right on and my blouses are looser. i also feel very energetic and so much better all-around.
    That would be a good winter alternative when the Pacific is chilly. Glad to hear the clothes are fitting better. Body recomp is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Not to mention that fish can be caught with an extraordinarily small amount of effort.
    Despite all the talk about spear fishing,etc. SB is still right, it is way easier to kill something that has no claws or hooves so I think it makes sense that fish would have been a big part of any "ancestral " diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I'm only now getting to the real meaning of 'eat moar fat'! I started tracking in a very minimal way, and pretty quickly realised that my fat intake was considerably lower than protein. The first time I successfully tried ketosis I was eating heaps of bacon and coconut oil fried eggs, so had accidentally achieved my goal. Since then = 'zone of misery'. This is day 2 of a more informed approach .
    Yes. I'm so glad it's working. When you feel it you know and when you let it slip away there is a sense of loss. I want it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    Definitely in ketosis today. I had bulletproof coffee for breakfast. We had lunch at Bob Evans at 1:00: Farmer's omelette which has ham and bacon, spinach, onions and is topped with cheese and hollandaise sauce. Subbed out the potatoes and bread for three sausage links. I had to give my husband one of the sausages because I was full. It's 8:00 now and I still can't even think about food!
    Satiety. This means it's working.

This is probably a silly question, but do you eat the rind part of brie cheese? I bought brie and had it with sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (with the rind) but wasn't sure if I was supposed to. What do you do with brie? I didn't really like the combo...

Anyone care to share their keto meals, also, so we all have some high fat meal ideas? You guys have me thinking about my meal ratios and so I'm curious about what everyone is eating. I know there has been mention about meals along the way, but maybe some more please?
    If you don't want the rind, I'll take it. Yum. I've been finding that creamed veggies add a lot to my menu planning.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    That's OK, we'll still talk to you. I guess.

i am feeling very pleased with myself as i avoided several carbs at the weekend. at least you enjoyed yours. mine would have been whisky ( which i know sorta doesnt count as a carb ) and hot chips in nasty oil. despite my self righteousness, i am still feeling absolutely run down by a train tho. is this normal?
    Well earned self righteousness. The other feeling may be a touch of the low carb flu. It will pass if you stick with it.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Are magnesium salts Epsom salt? I used to swim in the ocean growing up and always felt great! Miss it...

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    The other feeling may be a touch of the low carb flu. It will pass if you stick with it.
    funnily enuf i can still walk the distances i need to walk and i also can do the stuff i need to. like i just got 3 loads of firewood up which involves carrying them up a very steep hill. it's more a feeling of mental fuzziness and mental exhaustion with the odd headache thrown in.

Are magnesium salts Epsom salt? I used to swim in the ocean growing up and always felt great! Miss it...
    dont know but i get epsom salt and put it in my bath for magnesium.

Paleobird Guest
    funnily enuf i can still walk the distances i need to walk and i also can do the stuff i need to. like i just got 3 loads of firewood up which involves carrying them up a very steep hill. it's more a feeling of mental fuzziness and mental exhaustion with the odd headache thrown in.

dont know but i get epsom salt and put it in my bath for magnesium.
    Oh yes indeed. That's classic carb flu. Be sure to drink a lot of water and don't skimp on the salt.
    And yes, Epsom salts are hydrated magnesium sulfate named after a town where it is found naturally (according to the google dictionary app).

Page 69 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast