Page 68 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 68

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Not to mention that fish can be caught with an extraordinarily small amount of effort.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    depends what fish lol i have fun memories of spear fishing barefoot in the middle of winter and my feet being so cold i couldnt feel the rocks on the climb out. fresh caught fish you got yourself always tastes so good.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    depends what fish lol i have fun memories of spear fishing barefoot in the middle of winter and my feet being so cold i couldnt feel the rocks on the climb out. fresh caught fish you got yourself always tastes so good.
    Or flounder spearing in the dark and having to find the suckers with your feet. How we never speared our feet is beyond me!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    The fishing I have done myself mostly involved sitting in a boat or a dock or the edge of a lake and casting, casting, casting, reeling, reeling, reeling. Until eventually you have a fish. But if I lived where there were rivers running with fish and no laws and it was salmon run time, you better believe I'd stand at a rapids with a big net and just scoop, scoop, scoop. Here's what I managed to do one day when I was 14 with just minnows, a boat on a lake (in Minnesota) and a fishing pole.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

lmao yes. i am very careful which kids i take floundering with me.

The fishing I have done myself mostly involved sitting in a boat or a dock or the edge of a lake and casting, casting, casting, reeling, reeling, reeling. Until eventually you have a fish.
    iam way too ADHD to manage to do that for long. plus i need to borrow a boat. i have taken the kids fishing off the rocks but we usually get seals around who scare the fish away, line gets cuaght in seaweed and you lose your bait etc. so my usual methods of fishing are active such as spearing. we drag for whitebait. dive for paua, wade around to get cockles, climb out the rocks to get mussels. our salmon we can put nets out for or you troll for them off a boat.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    We live inland now, sadly - and I've never been a success at fly fishing! We used to fish with rods at a local rivermouth and off the beach, and with hand lines from my grandfather's boat. Foraging for shellfish was also common, and when we were on holiday we'd hit the mud flats for flounder. Now I go to the shop. Sad.

I'm only now getting to the real meaning of 'eat moar fat'! I started tracking in a very minimal way, and pretty quickly realised that my fat intake was considerably lower than protein. The first time I successfully tried ketosis I was eating heaps of bacon and coconut oil fried eggs, so had accidentally achieved my goal. Since then = 'zone of misery'. This is day 2 of a more informed approach .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    You go Jac girl. It is exciting when the penny drops !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Definitely in ketosis today. I had bulletproof coffee for breakfast. We had lunch at Bob Evans at 1:00: Farmer's omelette which has ham and bacon, spinach, onions and is topped with cheese and hollandaise sauce. Subbed out the potatoes and bread for three sausage links. I had to give my husband one of the sausages because I was full. It's 8:00 now and I still can't even think about food!

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    This is probably a silly question, but do you eat the rind part of brie cheese? I bought brie and had it with sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (with the rind) but wasn't sure if I was supposed to. What do you do with brie? I didn't really like the combo...

Anyone care to share their keto meals, also, so we all have some high fat meal ideas? You guys have me thinking about my meal ratios and so I'm curious about what everyone is eating. I know there has been mention about meals along the way, but maybe some more please?

Page 68 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast