Page 54 of 104 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 54

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I eat quark when I train, casein is good for lifting. I have been off and on dairy with no impact.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i was a personal trainer for many years and knew/know lots of bodybuilders and power-lifters. they are LAST people on earth i take nutritional advice from and i was anorexic back then!

your thinking you need casein to lift seems to contradict what you wrote upthread about not wanting big muscles, just strong ones? you can get more complete protein from muscle meats and organs, sorry.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I think you have to just roll with any weight fluctuations until your body finally adjusts. Then you will be able to fast without agony. It's the lack of agony that is the big benefit of this whole thing. If you focus solely on weight loss and refuse to consider the effects some foods my have on achieving adaptation, you will never get to the point where you can fast without hunger and agony.

I haven't lost (or gained) any weight overall since resuming low carb. Alas, I think I'm at some evil homeostasis that will never budge. At least I have better energy than before. Maybe that's all I can hope for is just to feel healthy. Maybe I'll never look like one of those hot crossfit or volleyball ladies. Maybe the outside will never match how the inside feels. It has been a dream of mine since childhood to know what it's like to be beautiful, but alas I think I'm going to die without knowing what that's like.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Nope, I want big muscle. Well, as big as they can get. What I don't want is thin/willowy. I want the firm body which means maximum muscle, minimum body fat. Whey is said to promote muscle building because of casein, plus to be honest I like quark, because I do tire of eggs and meat. I eat liver at least once a week, I eat seafood & eggs almost daily, so I doubt I am not getting complete. It is not the case of 1 cup of quark making me fat. It is the case of 'another snack and another snack' with tea after supper. I prefer being hungry during the day, since my sleep is not the greatest even when I am fed, but when I am hungry it is pretty much non-existent. And I have to work to support my family, so I need sleep. Valerian doesn't help, even sleeping pills do not help when I do take them (normally I do not).

Plus, there are tidbits about slimmer women eating more dairy and less meats. Pork in particular blamed for porkiness. Enough to drive one insane.

Before low carb I could minimize it by eating cabbage, but now my 'snacks' are all high fat, so they are clocking 100+ calories each. I had the same effect from peanut butter back when I tried Anabolic Diet, pre-primal. Did not consume dairy back then. On UD2.0, my most successful weight loss, I ate skim quark and skim milk on the carb-up days, and, during the second time, when I managed to rop to the old-time low, I believe I had quark whenever. The difference was I was sticking to 1000-1200 cals 5 days a week and keeping to 30-35% fat or so, not nearly hitting 2000 with 60-70% fat like now.

I was hungry then, I am fed now. I can freeze my poor kefir grains again (they do the stint in the freezer on the regular basis for months at time), and go on without quark after I finish the batch, but if I don't control myself, that would mean I would eat something else. The root cause is the eating for me, even if it fits the macro profile perfectly.

I set up the 500 pieces puzzle, I got out my crochet, I've read up on the relaxation techniques, and still I find the opportunity to stuff things into my mouth. Mind f'ing boggling. My next step is transferring the toothbrush downstairs and force-brushing my teeth even when I longingly glance into my tea cup & the accompanying dish-lette that is somehow empty already....
    Last edited by Leida; 09-10-2012 at 09:03 AM.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think you have to just roll with any weight fluctuations until your body finally adjusts. Then you will be able to fast without agony. It's the lack of agony that is the big benefit of this whole thing. If you focus solely on weight loss and refuse to consider the effects some foods my have on achieving adaptation, you will never get to the point where you can fast without hunger and agony.
    when i went low-carb it was 20 nc per day, most of it from veggies. no fruits, no berries, no fresh dairy. the withdrawal was pretty sucky and i slept loads more than usual. some nights could not keep my eyes open past 8:00. i ate avocado, which helped.

if the diet still contains high-sugar foods, even in smallish quantities, the body will never stop looking for a quick hit of glucose and that yuk feeling will never pass.

I haven't lost (or gained) any weight overall since resuming low carb. Alas, I think I'm at some evil homeostasis that will never budge. At least I have better energy than before. Maybe that's all I can hope for is just to feel healthy. Maybe I'll never look like one of those hot crossfit or volleyball ladies. Maybe the outside will never match how the inside feels. It has been a dream of mine since childhood to know what it's like to be beautiful, but alas I think I'm going to die without knowing what that's like.
    i look at your pix and see a very fit, trim woman. i think you need new eyeballs.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

i slept loads more than usual.
    Gods, I would count that as the BIGGEST benefit of ANY diet. I get the reverse, I can't sleep, and I am continuously exhausted, and, at times, dizzy.

meeme is offline Senior Member

I read your posts with interest. Is it possible you are a mesomorph? Your Body Type - Ectomorph, Mesomorph or Endomorph? | Muscle & Strength My son is a mesomorph and has complained since childhood that he's fat...but when he's at a good weight he's not fat, he also is not slender. Just wondering, hope you don't mind. I learn a lot from you, Thanks.

Heh, I am an Endomorph, that's a given.

EDIT: Anyway, I will freeze both the grains and the batch of quark.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-10-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    It seems Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt is experimenting with this. It'll be interesting to see how it goes for him:

Experiment: Optimal Ketosis for Weight Loss and Improved Performance | DietDoctor.com

meeme is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I bought some triple cream goat brie. Just thought I would inject a little sense into this talk about cheese. Coconut cheese? Nut cheese? Not cheese. Abominations. But I agree that maybe there is too much cheese lately. That's why I'm very grateful for liver pate and pesto.

P.S. I remember when women were not allowed to have a credit card in their own name.
    I'm casein intolerant so I'm looking forward to learning how to make alternatives...at the same time I agree with you, and wish I could partake. It was tough at first but I'm ok with it now.

I wanted to make the liver pate but haven't found any liver, yet. We have one real butcher shop here and it's only open 3 days a week. If they don't have any good liver this week I will request it for next week. Found some huge knuckle bones but no shanks...they are roasting...also got some nice ox tail slow cooking...yum.

I'm still loosing weight and sleeping better than I have in years. My blood pressure is coming down. I dug out my skinny cloths that have been in the drawer for 5 years...woot!! I noticed that when I walk I don't have pain and my hips swing again...double woot!! I've missed my breezy walk!! Swish, swish....and no pain.

Page 54 of 104 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast