Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 53

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The triple cream cheese (it's from Quebec, so I suppose they couldn't call it brie, but it looks and tastes just like brie) was on-sale, so I bought that and melted it with the normal double cream brie and those sundried tomatoes, sunflower seeds, garlic and fresh thyme/basil from the garden with crudites. It was yum, but the only version of sundried tomatoes we have here comes in sunflower oil, so I dunno if it is a good thing to buy again. It does not specify if it is refined sunflower oil, or not, but it doesn't taste like sunflower, so I figure it is refined. We'll finish the jar, but, yeah, I am concerned about it being the bad oil.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    leida, i can blip up 3-5 pounds overnight, so i don't think .3, or even 1 pound, is something that came from liver pate. it's water.

my work week was terribly long, with loads of anxiety, and i fell so behind on this thread! lol. i was not as compliant as i would have liked with my moar fat, lower carbs, but still am down about 1/2 pound from last monday. am ok with that. am still running warm, waking up super early and feeling well-rested even with less than 6 hours of sleep. i also am just "smaller". haven't done any measuring, but my work pants are way looser and i wore capris the other day that haven't fit since last summer -- size 6.

3 years ago, i went low-carb, with atkins, and felt great. in the last 8 months, i have been going with pb, but had gotten pretty sloppy about carb consumption. with my improved diet PLUS lower carb i feel great. really good. some of this may be a resolution of some hormonal issues too, but either way, i know i am on a good path.

my fats have been mostly from coconut milk and animal fat, plus kerrygold butter. i have grass-fed cheese in the house (had an ounce with breakfast today), but have been eating much less of it than i usually do. i think the non-grass-fed cheeses caused cravings and i had trouble controlling my consumption of it. this can be in my fridge for a long time without me even thinking about. i've stayed away from yogurt too for the same reason.

had organic cream with berries after-dinner last night and had no cravings, so i'm thinking it's something about the grain-fed cheese. dunno, lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    What does mascarpone cheese taste like? I was going to buy some at wholefoods and saw that it was next to the devonshire scone cream? is it the same kind of flavour?

haha! just remembered!

at 8:30 yesterday, before my b/f's soccer game, he wanted breakfast, so i did make him some, but i was only feeling a wee bit of a pang. not enough for a meal, but knew any other food would be at least 5 hours away, so i took 10 almonds and dipped each one into a total of 1 tablespoon of kerrygold butter. WOW, delish, and i was set up just fine til much later. i was definitely quite hungry for dinner when it was ready at 5, but not ZOMG-i'll-kill-a-baby-if-i-don't-eat-NOW!
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    What does mascarpone cheese taste like? I was going to buy some at wholefoods and saw that it was next to the devonshire scone cream? is it the same kind of flavour?
    it's like cream cheese, but softer and less processed.

Ernest Hemingway

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I know all about water, and it is not water. It is the persistent eating too much after supper with all the unpleasant consequences. I am fat because I eat too much, not because of some complicated 'condition'. So, yeah, I need to keep my eating down, but there is nothing new about it. That 'stop when satisfied' portion was always the main challenge of my body control enterprise.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-10-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ah! i work nights, so late-night eating was tough for me to eliminate. plenty of nights i went to bed hungry. i beat it though, by eating better choices during the day, and ignoring the habit of hand-to-mouth while i cruise the net, unwinding after work.

Ernest Hemingway

leida, am wondering if the quark isn't doing you any favors? fresh dairy like that still has quite a bit of lactose -- sugar. is there some other kind of animal protein you'd have for the first meal?

Ernest Hemingway

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Hello All!

PB thank you so much for starting this thread!! I am circling back to this WOE after the 'safe starches' craze that hit the boards, as well as surgery taking me out of the loop for a bit. I am on day 5 of this, and already can feel a difference in mood and energy. A bit of the keto stinkiness with exercise and morning breath, but not as bad as when I first went paleo.

Fats in my diet are from butter, coconut oil/milk, and meats/eggs. Tracking (as others have said) is downright enlightening, I can't believe how much I was eating before! Plus, I have to shift completely out of the 'eat after dinner' phase. My HSIS macros are:

Carbs: 30.0 g
    Prot: 60.0 (55-65)g
    Fats: 115-145g

I have had one day with going over on carbs (damned guacamole, but it was good!), but keeping protein in check has been a challenge. I keep the 'meat' proteins calculated, and along come the veggie proteins and slap on an additional 5 g! Getting the fats above 125, haven't been able to accomplish it yet.

Off to research this 'fat bread' you are raving about!

you may want to switch your tracker to figure net carbs for you. carbs minus fiber = net carbs.

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Avocados, raw, California

a whole avocado is only 3 nc.

Ernest Hemingway