Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 52

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That was a very good basic primer on the subject if you just ignore the part about diet sodas and sugar free jello (ew). One thing that I think this video kind of touches on too lightly though is the whole idea of portion control. It just says eat as much as you want but stop when you are no longer hungry. If you jsut keep the carbs down, the rest happens all by itself. Well, as many on this forum have found out the hard way, myself included, it is Very possible to overeat even on low carb high fat foods particularly when your satiety/hunger signaling mechanisms are in less than optimal working order.

You know I'd forgotten that he kept saying that. I think he was trying to not scare them. You know switch them over from CW thinking of deprivation like you mentioned to a fat-adapted way of thinking. Each time he said don't worry about counting calories, I thought to myself, ha and then you'll have the talk with them in week 2? lol

Thanks for the heads up about the Hyperlipid site, am looking forward to reading up on their take on gut flora.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Well-behaved women rarely make history : Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    OT, but I love this line. It's a stark reminder that women are expected to misbehave and men are expected to stand solidly in line without emotion or individuality. Both are horrid cages to live in. I, as a man, get to enjoy being revered as crazy and out-of-line for thinking for myself and speaking out against convention. You, on the other hand, get to enjoy praise and adoration for speaking out and thinking for yourself. It is a position to be admired. I get "You crazy, man", while you get, "You go girl!". On average, in most cases and for the masses. There are always exceptions.

"Well-behaved men are usually the ones who make history, because the public burns heretics at the stake" -Me

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    OT, but I love this line. It's a stark reminder that women are expected to misbehave and men are expected to stand solidly in line without emotion or individuality. Both are horrid cages to live in. I, as a man, get to enjoy being revered as crazy and out-of-line for thinking for myself and speaking out against convention. You, on the other hand, get to enjoy praise and adoration for speaking out and thinking for yourself. It is a position to be admired. I get "You crazy, man", while you get, "You go girl!". On average, in most cases and for the masses. There are always exceptions.

"Well-behaved men are usually the ones who make history, because the public burns heretics at the stake" -Me
    You're substantially younger than I am so you probably have a different take on this than I do. In my day, women were expected to be "good girls", giggle at men's jokes, go to college long enough to get your "Mrs. degree", get married and keep house forever. That was a well behaved woman. It was the ones who were badly behaved, a la Gloria Steinem who made history. She did not get praised for it. She got death threats. The whole "You go, Girl" attitude of praise for bad girl antics is something much more recent. I remember when a woman was first "granted" the right to decide what happens in her own uterus. When I was a girl things like spousal and date rape were not even prosecuted and if you were wearing a short skirt it was said that you were "asking for it". There has been a lot of progress in a generation.

I do agree with you about the pressures toward conformity though.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    See, if this was facebook, I could just "like" your post. I agree, the generation gap does make a difference. A MASSIVE difference. Men are basically house pets now, and women do everything - and scoff at our ideas because we are just silly boys who don't know anything. Women make plans, schedule everything, and a man's input is taken under advisement. Meh. Life is good though.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    You're substantially younger than I am so you probably have a different take on this than I do. In my day, women were expected to be "good girls", giggle at men's jokes, go to college long enough to get your "Mrs. degree", get married and keep house forever. That was a well behaved woman.
    Here's a woman who 100 years ago, broke all the rules --- was disowned by her mother for being so independent, and became a very famous woman. Biography - Doris McCarthy
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I loved the pate recipe, it tastes a lot like liver sausage. I used 1.5 lbs of liver, and 1 cup of cream felt like more than I needed, but I did not drain my liver, so I had a fair bit of juices. However, with 1 cup, it set nicely

I am starting to experience the moments of complete fullness, but it comes at the expense of no weight loss or weight gain. I couldn't take the suspense any longer, so I weighed myself, and was about 0.3 lbs heavier this Saturday than 2 weeks back, and added another pound on by Sunday morning, did not want to check this morning, but another lb was probably on. I will try to see if I can do broth fast today and on Wednesday, and increase cardio load since this is a deload week.

I am wearing the 'bulk-up' pants and feel fat & ugly. If I don't start losing weight in the next couple weeks, I will start UD2.0 again in October. Well, if anything, I was on a no dieting since late July, so I am fulfilling all the conditions for the UD2.0. Plus, I should be so tired of grease, that tuna and egg whites will feel like a welcome delicacy!
    Last edited by Leida; 09-10-2012 at 05:49 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    You can make cheese out of nuts... soaked almonds or cashews, but don't know if that's something you'd want to do.
    How to make nut cheese

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I bought some triple cream goat brie. Just thought I would inject a little sense into this talk about cheese. Coconut cheese? Nut cheese? Not cheese. Abominations. But I agree that maybe there is too much cheese lately. That's why I'm very grateful for liver pate and pesto.

P.S. I remember when women were not allowed to have a credit card in their own name.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    There is an interesting series of posts on the Hyperlipid site called "Whose Fat is it Anyway?" Peter is talking about the zillions of microbes that inhabit our digestive systems and eat the fibrous stuff we can't use. When the microbes are deprived of their cellulose, they send out a signaling chemical called FIAF or Fasting Induced Adipose Factor which tells the body to burn some fat for them to eat since there's no cellulose in this damn restaurant. As long as we keep feeding the microbes salads, they don't send out the word to burn fat. Interesting reading.
    Well I suppose that explains why salads seem to make me fat. Or at least I have never been one of these ladies who can lose any weight eating salads.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    i live in Kentucky, the law still reads as if only a wife can inherit an estate. the missing element is the fact that a woman could leave and estate to be inherited.

i was something i read while waiting on the Clerk of the Court of Appeals in a Law review Journal... subtle but still there
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com