Page 49 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 49

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    Tracking calories this past week has been enlightening. Previously I just followed the "eat till you're satisfied" method. I had no idea some meats were so many calories. I had about 5 oz of beef short ribs yesterday and SP pegged that at over 500 calories. A quarter pound of grass fed hamburger is more like half that. Truly, if I hadn't been tracking, I wouldn't have expected yesterday to be a high calorie day, but I ended up at over 2200 calories. I might get down to 1500 some days, but 1200 is not happening. I know everyone is different, but I don't see how some of you are content on 1200-1400 calories. I guess if I skipped one meal I could get to that level, but I'm used to eating three meals even if one of those meals is just bulletproof coffee some days.
    Yes. Tracking can be very enlightening. You can't know where to adjust something if you don't know where things stand.

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    My macros yesterday... and, yes, I'm still dropping the pounds faster than I thought possible:
    Yay! Isn't it fun when it clicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I've been tracking this week on SP too and I've found it very enlightening. It could be that I'm not measuring correctly ( this is the first time I've counted calories and tracked my intake) but I am consistently under my target total calories. I have been trying to eat fat first so maybe that's why. The first meal of the day for the past few days has been some sort of hot beverage with fat (tea with cream) and bone broth. Then I have 2 other meals, lunch is somewhere around 1pm and dinner around 6pm. My weight hasn't budged at all.

This week I've exercised somewhat less than usual as my son has been sick so we've been staying in more than usual. Normally we hike in the woods daily and sprint once a week. This week I mostly went out on short walks with my dogs and did abbreviated versions of my body weight exercises.
    Yes, stress/perhaps sleep deprivation of your son being sick and not getting out on top of that could factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by homunculus View Post
    I kept reading all the threads that said to eat more carbs etc and decided to eat more myself despite feeling really well on low carb. That just resulted in binge eating and feeling unwell all the time and even my depression resurfacing. I'm going back to low carb, now just gotta read the whole thread. Thanks Paleobird!
    A lot of people have had this experience when they listened to the higher carb advocates. For a young guy with single digit bodyfat who is weight lifting like a maniac, a higher amount of carbs is fine but that experience can't be generalized to everybody. I'm glad you figured out what works for you.

Quies is offline Senior Member
    For the people who have made Free the Animal Fat Bread, have you tried making it in any other form than a loaf? While I have never really liked bread in general, fat bread garlic knots sound very good. I'm just wondering if the bread would hold up to cooking in that kind of shape.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    For the people who have made Free the Animal Fat Bread, have you tried making it in any other form than a loaf? While I have never really liked bread in general, fat bread garlic knots sound very good. I'm just wondering if the bread would hold up to cooking in that kind of shape.
    I dunno about garlic knots. I think it might need some kind of baking device around it. The batter isn't glue-y enough to twist like that. I think it would do well as muffins. I plan to try that on my next batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I dunno about garlic knots. I think it might need some kind of baking device around it. The batter isn't glue-y enough to twist like that. I think it would do well as muffins. I plan to try that on my next batch.
    Well, if the muffins work, maybe I could just put butter and garlic on them. I'm having trouble meeting my fat needs without going overboard on protein, I may have to go with fat bread some days.

Paleobird Guest
    Fat bread+mascarpone cheese=ketogenic bliss.

I must search for this mascarpone.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I love the fat bread.

I'm thinking it would work well as muffins... I may have to try that next. My first loaf is starting to get thin...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    I must search for this mascarpone.
    Imagine the taste of ricotta but with a texture half way in between cream cheese and butter...... Salivating yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Oh, I love the fat bread.

I'm thinking it would work well as muffins... I may have to try that next. My first loaf is starting to get thin...
    I added some cinnamon and nutmeg to my current loaf and it is delicious. It does take a while to make it through a loaf. You just can't eat that much at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Imagine the taste of ricotta but with a texture half way in between cream cheese and butter...... Salivating yet?
    You had me at ricotta.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    We managed to get through a loaf in one dayBut there are four of us!

we are making another batch tonight and will make them as muffins now thanks for the idea.

Page 49 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast