Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 48

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yep, Jac, I second what Leida said about any fatty meat. And the pate suggestion by SB. It can be made with pure ghee or tallow or lard if the milk solids are a problem for you. And pesto goes on or in just about everything.

Hello Robyn with a Y from Robin with an I. No reason at all why you shouldn't give it a go. Potato land is not working for you. Try something else.

Mr Anthony, don't you just love seeing that little pie chart with the "recommended" macros of 50% carbs next to yours with the majority fat? I've been running about 75% fat/20%pro/5%carb.

Leida, yes sun dried tomatoes in oil are awesome in many dishes. Are those a Fodmap, Jac?
    Pesto made with pumpkin seeds and cilantro is pretty damn awesome too. Just sayin'

How are you doing 75% paleobird? I'm eating fat like a woman possesed. Nuts, butter, seeds, avacado, egg yolks, fish, coconut butter, olive oil, rich meat, duck fat etc. I'm still only getting about 60% of my calories from fat in the context of about 1600-1800 calories per day. I'm still eating a lot of veggies though. Not much in the way of fruit though. Working on being a fertile myrtle.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Paleobird does Sparkpeople break down your calories into the pie chart of macros you mentioned? I just started using SP and I didn't see how to break down the macros into percentages.

Paleobird disregard my last question. I just found the helpful pie charts. The highest fat day so far was 62%. I'm trying to figure out how to up the fat w/o eating more calories, I've felt sated with the amount I've been eating.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    What do you guys think about having half n half in my coffee in the morning instead of cream? I've been doing this for awhile and it hasn't seemed to affect ketosis. My reasons are to save money and calories. So I am only having coffee with half n half in the morning and then lunch and dinner. Do you think cream would be better though?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I personally don't think it matters a bit. You want to try for the global, overall total.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenzington View Post
    Pesto made with pumpkin seeds and cilantro is pretty damn awesome too. Just sayin'

How are you doing 75% paleobird? I'm eating fat like a woman possesed. Nuts, butter, seeds, avacado, egg yolks, fish, coconut butter, olive oil, rich meat, duck fat etc. I'm still only getting about 60% of my calories from fat in the context of about 1600-1800 calories per day. I'm still eating a lot of veggies though. Not much in the way of fruit though. Working on being a fertile myrtle.
    Oooh that pesto sounds good too. There are so many variations on it.

I would have trouble getting that much fat in if it weren't for high fat dairy products. Don't know if you do those. Best of luck with the fertility quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Paleobird disregard my last question. I just found the helpful pie charts. The highest fat day so far was 62%. I'm trying to figure out how to up the fat w/o eating more calories, I've felt sated with the amount I've been eating.
    They always have that little recommended one next to yours. Eating moar fat while stay ing in the calorie "budget" is the trick. I've been on Piscator's four day fast since Monday night so tonight is my Break-fast meal. I'm baking a loaf of Free the Animal Fat bread to soak up my bone marrow. Sluuurp.

Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    What do you guys think about having half n half in my coffee in the morning instead of cream? I've been doing this for awhile and it hasn't seemed to affect ketosis. My reasons are to save money and calories. So I am only having coffee with half n half in the morning and then lunch and dinner. Do you think cream would be better though?
    Half n half has more milk solids in it than real cream so it has more lactose, a sugar, with carbs. So I only use the really high fat end of the spectrum on dairy products. If the quantity is small it may be no big deal but I just don't even keep it around for that reason.

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Tracking calories this past week has been enlightening. Previously I just followed the "eat till you're satisfied" method. I had no idea some meats were so many calories. I had about 5 oz of beef short ribs yesterday and SP pegged that at over 500 calories. A quarter pound of grass fed hamburger is more like half that. Truly, if I hadn't been tracking, I wouldn't have expected yesterday to be a high calorie day, but I ended up at over 2200 calories. I might get down to 1500 some days, but 1200 is not happening. I know everyone is different, but I don't see how some of you are content on 1200-1400 calories. I guess if I skipped one meal I could get to that level, but I'm used to eating three meals even if one of those meals is just bulletproof coffee some days.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    My macros yesterday... and, yes, I'm still dropping the pounds faster than I thought possible:

chart.png

I've been tracking this week on SP too and I've found it very enlightening. It could be that I'm not measuring correctly ( this is the first time I've counted calories and tracked my intake) but I am consistently under my target total calories. I have been trying to eat fat first so maybe that's why. The first meal of the day for the past few days has been some sort of hot beverage with fat (tea with cream) and bone broth. Then I have 2 other meals, lunch is somewhere around 1pm and dinner around 6pm. My weight hasn't budged at all.

This week I've exercised somewhat less than usual as my son has been sick so we've been staying in more than usual. Normally we hike in the woods daily and sprint once a week. This week I mostly went out on short walks with my dogs and did abbreviated versions of my body weight exercises.

homunculus is offline Member
    I kept reading all the threads that said to eat more carbs etc and decided to eat more myself despite feeling really well on low carb. That just resulted in binge eating and feeling unwell all the time and even my depression resurfacing. I'm going back to low carb, now just gotta read the whole thread. Thanks Paleobird!
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast