Page 46 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 46

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Weird, Vital Greens is from southern AB, you should be able to get it in Calgary.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I will take a look at the Organic Market, but last time I checked they did not have anything up from the organic label. One can only hope one day they will finally allow cow share. Or we will retire to BC eventually.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    The Avalon and Vital Greens I get at Planet O. The Avalon is in glass bottles, both homo and non-homo kinds.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Planet Organic is really out of the way for me, so I do an Organic market here downtown and the normal grocery stores. I dunno why, I never liked PO. Maybe because it is in such a crapy location....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    For cheese, I get whatever sounds good. I just bought some triple cream goat brie even though it is pasteurized. I get the Organic Pastures raw cream and last time at the farmer's market, I got some of their butter too after they promised it doesn't have even a trace of their butter culture in it. Their cultured butter is gag-me strong.

What's really yummy is goat cheese with walnut oil on it. Walnut oil is really toasty nutty tasting.

I've been trying to figure out what are healthy O6 fats, because after all, O6 is an essential fatty acid. You aren't supposed to eliminate it, just balance it. Once you eliminate the soybean, corn, canola, safflower oils etc, there's nothing really left that is high in healthy O6 except for avocado oil, sesame and walnut oil. Otherwise, I guess you just get your O6 from the small amounts in other oils and from animals, which is fine with me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I have a question.
    Some days, I like to focus on other things than eating, but I can't afford to fast while eating normally because I don't need to loose weight at all, don't want to get too skinny again.
    So what I've been doing when I want to do it, is eating 2 days worth of calories the day before and then enjoy my next day with plenty of energy and not having to think about food.
    But in a High Fat Low Carb way, is it possible to do it while not having to worry about gaining bf% ?
    (And, do you think it can be done ? I've red many articles where people talked about the way our ancestors eat and sometimes there were moments of feast and then of fast so I guess it's not unhealthy.)

Thanks
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I have a question.
    Some days, I like to focus on other things than eating, but I can't afford to fast while eating normally because I don't need to loose weight at all, don't want to get too skinny again.
    So what I've been doing when I want to do it, is eating 2 days worth of calories the day before and then enjoy my next day with plenty of energy and not having to think about food.
    But in a High Fat Low Carb way, is it possible to do it while not having to worry about gaining bf% ?
    (And, do you think it can be done ? I've red many articles where people talked about the way our ancestors eat and sometimes there were moments of feast and then of fast so I guess it's not unhealthy.)

Thanks
    Daydreamer, mon cher. You. Don't. Need. To. Worry. About. How. Much. You. Eat. Or When. Just Eat. Lots.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Well, it's quite difficult to do so since I already reached a healthy bodyweight, and I really don't know where my body "stands" right now in terms of body composition as I have VERY SEVERE water retention/bloating because of elevated estradiol levels (french trt doctors are very very bad when it comes to a good protocol of treatment).

So, well, it's very very hard to deal with and I don't know if I'm getting fat or just a balloon of water.
    Hehe...

(In order to illustrate my point:
    From this: http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...61398175_n.jpg

To this: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...-a-21-32-2.jpg
    Which is quite mind-blowing.)
    Last edited by Daydreamer; 09-06-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    SB, isn't olive oil 03?

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Chicken (and all other poultry) and nuts/seeds are a source of Omega 6. If you aren't getting your 6's from PUFAs, but are eating poultry/nuts/seeds, you are probably getting enough.

Page 46 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast