Page 45 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 45

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am seeing some steady, slow weight loss, too, while trying this.

I think I like it

*sips last of buttered/oiled coffee/cocoa drink*

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Also VLC is the best way to get rid of those sugar cravings that I know have plagued you once and for all. Once you have done this a while, sugar just doesn't appeal any more.
    You know, I actually do not have sugar cravings really. It's all the fruit cravings. I prefer sweet and sour fruit, like GS apples and berries and lemons and rhubarb. Pure sweet flavors never really did much for me, well, maybe caramel or fudge, but I did not really crave that for a while.

A question on cheeses. Mark is all about organic and raw, but here we have only one cheese available in that category (cheddar). Do you gals source your cheeses raw & organic, or just normal?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    You know, I actually do not have sugar cravings really. It's all the fruit cravings. I prefer sweet and sour fruit, like GS apples and berries and lemons and rhubarb. Pure sweet flavors never really did much for me, well, maybe caramel or fudge, but I did not really crave that for a while.

A question on cheeses. Mark is all about organic and raw, but here we have only one cheese available in that category (cheddar). Do you gals source your cheeses raw & organic, or just normal?
    Look for the Ancetre cheese from Quebec. Lots of options, made with raw organic milk. Sylvan Star from Alberta is also raw milk, and they make wonderful gouda and gruyere. Both are available at Planet Organic in Edmonton, so it should be available in Calgary too.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I am seeing some steady, slow weight loss, too, while trying this.
    I think I like it
    *sips last of buttered/oiled coffee/cocoa drink*
    Yep, just as advertised in the PB.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post

You know, I think your fruit craving are really just sugar cravings in a what you have always been told is "healthy" form. I know you are a very health conscious person so you aren't scarfing Twinkies, but the same neural receptors get tickled by that sweet fruit too.

About cheese. I try for organic and raw grass fed whenever possible. Kerrygold makes a good line of cheeses.

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Today was coconut milk day. I made two of Mark's receipes. First I made the coconut milk custard. Then I made the crust less quiche. Instead of just using broccoli I added some Swiss chard too. I used KerryGold cheese but mine is not raw. It says it's made from pasteurized milk.

Look for the Ancetre cheese from Quebec. Lots of options, made with raw organic milk. Sylvan Star from Alberta is also raw milk, and they make wonderful gouda and gruyere. Both are available at Planet Organic in Edmonton, so it should be available in Calgary too.
    Yeah, I get Ancetre. It only has O & unpasterized (not sure if it means raw) for cheddar, and organic but not unpasterized for Swiss and Parmigiana. I looked in the SS generic brand, but it lables milk ingredient as up/organic but then says there is buttermilk there as well (and they did not labeled buttermilk as u/o). I will see if I can find Sylvan Star, but the last I check it was only hard cheeses they had in raw format, no gouda. At least I have quark, not that organic milk here is all that 'natural', since it's still pasteurized and homogenized.

We don't have Kerrigold here, raw is only available in aged cheeses aged for over XYZ days because Quebec farmers lobbied & because the folks in the dairy regulation agreed that the harmful bacteria is dead from the process.

You know, I think your fruit craving are really just sugar cravings in a what you have always been told is "healthy" form. I know you are a very health conscious person so you aren't scarfing Twinkies, but the same neural receptors get tickled by that sweet fruit too.
    Who knows... bodybuilders advise against fruit anyway, so there are more reasons to avoid it than to eat it. Still it would be nice if once can eat at least cranberries.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Vital Greens has non-homogenized whole milk. Still pasteurized, but a better option than homogenized milk. I've never seen any Kerrygold products in Alberta.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

I haven't seen Vital Green, just Avalon and something else. There is no lactose milk as well.

Oh, and Avalon has non-homogenized whole milk too.

Owly's Journal

Avalon we have in the store is homogenized, 3.25%

Page 45 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast