Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 35

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What I'm finding fascinating is that my PMS and cravings and terrible mood disorders that go along with it are really under control. My PMS lasts a good 10 days every month and causes a lot of problems in my relationship. So far this month my boyfriend hasn't even noticed. I am about 4-5 days away from my period... this could be a miracle!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'm really angry at all you people finding relief from your illnesses and your diseases and restoring your health. How can this possibly be healthy? You must eat potatoes and fruit or I will blow myself up with rage!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm really angry at all you people finding relief from your illnesses and your diseases and restoring your health. How can this possibly be healthy? You must eat potatoes and fruit or I will blow myself up with rage!
    How is this productive? I'm glad you feel good on VLC. That doesn't change the fact that some of us don't. Being obnoxious either way just factionalizes people and means that we don't share useful information or perspectives on paleo/primal eating beyond our relative carb counts.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Please don't crack jokes, sbhikes.

<puts on stern face>

This is no laughing matter, you know.
    Last edited by Lewis; 09-03-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling

So what's the current thinking on daily protein allowance for women?

I know what seems right for me, but I'm a six-foot male.

My friend, Lucy, was asking me how much I thought she needed and I was a bit stumped. She's an older lady, if it makes any difference.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Sorry. I had just read the topic in odds and ends and it made me exasperated.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Me too, for different reasons maybe--it seemed like a blatant intent to stir up the Carb War thing once again. I'm not convinced at all that long-term ketosis is the best choice for everyone (although it's clearly working for some and more power to them), but at the same time, the whole 80-10-10 thing was purely inflammatory in intent. Nothing like lobbing a troll-bomb into a community to see how the war shakes out.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Me too, for different reasons maybe--it seemed like a blatant intent to stir up the Carb War thing once again. I'm not convinced at all that long-term ketosis is the best choice for everyone (although it's clearly working for some and more power to them), but at the same time, the whole 80-10-10 thing was purely inflammatory in intent. Nothing like lobbing a troll-bomb into a community to see how the war shakes out.
    it's a bloody irrelevance.

And it's not something that someone in an institution of higher education interested in human evolution, and in the truth for its own sake, would bother with for an instant.

Posting it here shows bad manners, too. And probably that tells one something about vegans. I've no intention of reading that thread and responding to it, because it doesn't actually deserve a response.

I wouldn't get exercised about it, and if it's causing you to be unnecessarily rude to sbhikes, then it's spreading the ill-will it aimed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    it's a bloody irrelevance.

And it's not something that someone in an institution of higher education interested in human evolution, and in the truth for its own sake, would bother with for an instant.

Posting it here shows bad manners, too. And probably that tells one something about vegans. I've no intention of reading that thread and responding to it, because it doesn't actually deserve a response.

I wouldn't get exercised about it, and if it's causing you to be unnecessarily rude to sbhikes, then it's spreading the ill-will it aimed to.
    I didn't get the sense that sbhikes felt I was being rude (or she would likely not have apologized), nor do I feel that a polite "hey, that's unnecessary" is rude either. Maybe you should allow us to work out our differences instead of jumping into things when we are perfectly capable of resolving our disagreement ourselves, as we have successfully done in the past. I respect sbhikes and hope that she feels the same way about me.

Also, I was not the one who was upset and responding to that post or who brought her responses to it into this thread. So perhaps you should re-read the above conversation before making assumptions about what is going on and why. My response to sbhikes following her apology was in empathy for how irritating it can be to have trolls post things like that but to also note that it was meant to create strife in the community and that arguing over it was producing exactly the result the troll intended.

Owly's Journal

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeb View Post
    Bacon, my chocolate-heroin equivalent methadone.
    Yep. The trick is to get off the original drug without getting hooked on the transitional one.

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    i was being facetious. 1/2 cup of cooked white rice is about 22 net carbs. i'm working right now to stay under 20. that means no more grains of any sort. i am down another 1/2 pound today. losing 2 pounds in just a few days is lightning fast for me. i feel almost giddy about it, lol.
    Oh Yeah, we got that. I 'm so glad you are seeing good results.

Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    What I'm finding fascinating is that my PMS and cravings and terrible mood disorders that go along with it are really under control. My PMS lasts a good 10 days every month and causes a lot of problems in my relationship. So far this month my boyfriend hasn't even noticed. I am about 4-5 days away from my period... this could be a miracle!
    I really think Grokelle would never have had such problems.

Hehehe!

How is this productive? I'm glad you feel good on VLC. That doesn't change the fact that some of us don't. Being obnoxious either way just factionalizes people and means that we don't share useful information or perspectives on paleo/primal eating beyond our relative carb counts.
    SHE WAS KIDDING! Relax, Owly. She was doing a parody of the folks who push higher carb like "Everyone Must Do This. Now."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Please don't crack jokes, sbhikes.<puts on stern face>This is no laughing matter, you know.
    It was funny.....

Yeah, I agree.

Yep, shit stirring at its finest. First of all it's trying to polarize things into the extremes. Either you are his 80/10/10 carb heavy or you are some kind of deluded keto-head. There are all kinds of things in between that work for different people.

Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast