Page 22 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 22

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Okay I mentioned this thread to hubby who is committed to loosing weight and eating primal but likes to have me help him; he doesn't want to research it himself. Here's the thing...... I have never counted a calorie or carb or even measured my food. In fact doing so sounds incredibly tedious, one more step before I put the food on the plate. He says he's willing to change his macros if I help him find out what they should be. He also thinks it would be good for us to see where our calories are coming from. After reading this thread I've decided I could stand to loose a few pounds myself.

Any suggestions where I should start? Here's a little background we've been primal for 2 yrs. I've lost 22 lbs.; Hubby's lost 40.
    I'm 52 5'2" 120lbs. He's 49 6'2" 230 lbs.
    Sounds like both of you are pretty close to your goals. Well done on the collective 66 shed pounds.
    Have you ever done any looking around at the online calorie/macro tracking sites? There are a bunch of them. I use SparkPeople. I highly suggest that before trying to change anything, you just do a couple of weeks of a "where do we stand?" analysis. Sort of a diagnostic test. Then you will have a better idea of what needs to change. This close to your goals, you are getting down to the fine tuning stage.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You look amazing, Goldie!
    Yeah, "Goldie" is really pretty. Not a bad looking human she has either.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    LOL PB!

Thanks, all. I have had the good fortune of growing up with a mom who cooked 60-70% primal before it had a label. I've raised my kids the same way, and all three are very fit and active. Son was on a Navy SEAL team for 4 years, older daughter is runner and rock climber, younger daughter is a Crossfitter.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Ditto!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

gempdx44 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    WHAT, seriously? I am 5'4", 150, and a size 10, kind of close to size 8. How much do you deadlift?
    I just started deadlifting, and got up to sets of 10 at 135 before I sprained my thumb. Not much, I know. I was backsquatting 150 before my injury, also. Again, nothing huge. I have just always been very "solid" my whole life. At my heaviest, which was 180 pounds, I wore a 10 or 12.
    "For the great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie—deliberate, contrived, and dishonest—but the myth—persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic ... we enjoy the comfort of opinions without the discomfort of thought."
    ---John F. Kennedy

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Paleobird, I will check out SparkPeople. That makes sense to see where we stand and then go from there.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gempdx44 View Post
    I just started deadlifting, and got up to sets of 10 at 135 before I sprained my thumb. Not much, I know. I was backsquatting 150 before my injury, also. Again, nothing huge. I have just always been very "solid" my whole life. At my heaviest, which was 180 pounds, I wore a 10 or 12.
    Dang, I am jealous! I'm at a 225x5, so I guess it's a similar lift. Different body types indeed!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    LOL PB!

Thanks, all. I have had the good fortune of growing up with a mom who cooked 60-70% primal before it had a label. I've raised my kids the same way, and all three are very fit and active. Son was on a Navy SEAL team for 4 years, older daughter is runner and rock climber, younger daughter is a Crossfitter.
    Yes, I consider myself fortunate to have grown up in a very health conscious house as well. The worst thing I ate growing up were some "heathy whole grains" and tofu. Physical activity was always a part of family life. Going Primal for me was not really that big a switch. It's just a refinement of the way I have always eaten.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird - thank you.
    I am 7kg down, and have 19kg to go. I am currently 79/80 kg. Age = 48, height= 1.7m, and am in the process of getting back into jogging/walking 1/2 - 1 hour per day. Am just upping the time out on the road. I do strength training 2/3 times per week. I have looked at my calorie intake and have readjusted for tomorrow and will begin again. ( I have been eating huge calories !!!!!)I realise that for my height, my weight could be quite fine at 65kg, but would like to try in the long term for 60kg.
    anyway thank you. You are truely an inspiration with your advice and your wisdom.
    have the best day, and I shall head off to bed for the night !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have Jan Kwasniewski's book from ages ago. My parents found him when I was around 15. Being Polish, and Mom being into health stuff, I'm wasn't surprised.

Mom read it, and they both started eating in Jan's fashion. They lost weight, and I distinctly remember them saying how much more energy they had.

Then Ma was all like "YOU NEED MOAR FAT! DAT IS WHY YOU HAVE CRAMPS!", so I ate scrambled eggs in butter every day. It helped.

Until my body was like "NO MOAR EGGS" and I vomited on the way to class one morning

I wish I could read Polish better than I can! Or somehow get the book translated?

I remember Ma making this egg type 'cake' that she cut into squares from the book. It was very filling and kind of sweet but mostly savoury.

Unfortunately, they didn't stick with it.

When I start Crossfit regularly again, I'm going to seriously track what I'm eating on WOD days and off days to see how I do. This thread is wonderful. I don't have weight to lose, and I *think* I can handle carbs fine. Back to the drawing board!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 22 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast