Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 21

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Right, so now I think I might be getting it !!!!!
    Today is the first day - of my new calorie counting, ratio split.
    Lets see how it all pans out.........
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Paleobird Guest
    @Iron Fireling. True. That's what I said about formulas not being that accurate when you are at either end of the bell curve on height. If you used Dr. Jk's formula, your ideal weight would be 50kg. (Height in cm-100) So it looks like his one works for you.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Well if fiber is indigestible, I don't see where the scam is.

115 is what I typically use for my glam weight, but damn, the only time I ever weighed that much I was on the track team in high school and I ate 500 calories a day.
    I can see him calling all the fake bars/shakes etc that advertise low net carbs but really have all kinds of sugar alcohol in them a scam. But fiber is different.

Just from seeing you in a swimsuit at your current weight, I would say that you would be kick ass perfection at 120. You might even be a bit skinny at 115.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I haven't been under 135 all of my adult life! And at that weight I was a petite size 6. Mind you that was when 14 years ago - so my todays sizes I'd guess a size 2/4. I'm shooting for that weight again! I don't use the formulas...... I use the mirror I just want to look good naked! and even better in a hot pair of jeans!
    Well, I don't want the focus of all this to get too much onto the losing weight part. Weight stabilization is a byproduct of optimal health. I am doing this and being just a tetch fanatical about it because it is keeping my seizures under control with less meds.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Right, so now I think I might be getting it !!!!!
    Today is the first day - of my new calorie counting, ratio split.
    Lets see how it all pans out.........
    Go for it, Gwamma!

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    sbhikes... I am 5'3 like you and at 115 I am way too skinny and can never stay at that weight. I'd like to be at 125 (currently at 140). 120 would be the lowest I think I could go...even that would be pushing it. It would be nice, but I'm thinking something healthy and sustainable is between 125 and 130.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Could someone please remind me where to go on the net to calculate my macros ? I have tried to do this myself, but am getting a little confused, alzheimic and generally ready to push the nana-nap button.
    Thank you
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Okay I mentioned this thread to hubby who is committed to loosing weight and eating primal but likes to have me help him; he doesn't want to research it himself. Here's the thing...... I have never counted a calorie or carb or even measured my food. In fact doing so sounds incredibly tedious, one more step before I put the food on the plate. He says he's willing to change his macros if I help him find out what they should be. He also thinks it would be good for us to see where our calories are coming from. After reading this thread I've decided I could stand to loose a few pounds myself.

Any suggestions where I should start? Here's a little background we've been primal for 2 yrs. I've lost 22 lbs.; Hubby's lost 40.
    I'm 52 5'2" 120lbs. He's 49 6'2" 230 lbs.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I'm 55, 5'2" (157.5cm), ~107lbs/48.5kg, I wear an American size 2 in most brands. I maintain with about 1500 calories a day, 60-70% fat, around 50g carbs give or take. Does your size have any effect on how few grams of carbs you need to be in ketosis? I always have plenty of energy (a coworker told me I'm naturally caffeinated!)

I'm usually the one holding the camera so I don't have many pics of me, but hubby caught me by surprise in the backyard last weekend:

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Hey Goldie you look great! Thanks for posting your numbers it gives me an idea what I need to shoot for.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You look amazing, Goldie!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Could someone please remind me where to go on the net to calculate my macros ? I have tried to do this myself, but am getting a little confused, alzheimic and generally ready to push the nana-nap button.
    Thank you
    Gwamma, there is no ONE way to figure your macros. It depends on you and your goals. On this thread we are talking about ketogenic macros which some people like me are doing for health reasons and others are doing for weight loss. A lot of people just do it for ongoing health maintenance. Only you can know if ketosis is right for you.

Some people don't like ketosis and/or find it too restrictive.
    So first question to ask yourself is , "Where am I and where do I want to be?". Set some goals.
    Then get me some numbers like age, height, current and goal weight, and activity level and then we can start crunching through the numbers and see what you need to do to get from here to there. Sound like a plan?

Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast