Page 17 of 104 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it. page 17

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It's the sugar grams that count.
    OK, if we're just counting sugar grams, that can make a huge difference.

Look at all the vegetables you can eat on a low carb diet:

Low-Carb Vegetables: List of Vegetables to Eat When Cutting Carbs

I ate lots of vegetables yesterday and my carbs were super low and I was stuffed to the gills.
    Hmmm...how many calories are you consuming? If you were to eat nothing but broccoli (not that you would, but...), you could eat 310 calories before you reached 20g of sugar. And then you'd be done eating for the day.

Go read Paleobird's thread and look at the pictures of her super healthy meals. I guarantee her meals are light-years ahead of most folks and absolutely better than anybody doing the fruit smoothies, chicken and broccoli diet.
    I definitely will, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    By the Dr. Jan Kwasniweski formula I am 72 inches tall...
    In another thread you said you were 5'10" (70 inches). Is 72 a typo, or is this height in shoes vs. barefoot height? I'm asking because I don't know which height you're supposed to use - barefoot is more accurate in a way, but that's not how everyone sees you. When someone asks how tall I am, do they mean barefoot, in Vibrams (which I wear most of the time), or in normal shoes?
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I consume between 1500 and 2000 calories a day. I've tracked over the last week and my net carbs (sugars) have been as low as 3g and as high as around 30. The total carbs have been around 12 to around 70. But that's just one week of tracking. I track sporadically.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    I just did the HSIS equation - I need 79 grms of protein, half that amount of carbs, and 160 grms of fat per day. I have had one meal today, have already had 77 grms of protein, 14.5grms of carbs, and 61grms of fat. Seems like I just need to consume 100 grms of pure fat tonight and a few carbs, doesn't sound that appealing. And that is after eating liver with butter, bacon fat to fry and a large fatty pork chop.

Any advice for the evening meal :-)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PureFunctionalFitness View Post
    I just did the HSIS equation - I need 79 grms of protein, half that amount of carbs, and 160 grms of fat per day. I have had one meal today, have already had 77 grms of protein, 14.5grms of carbs, and 61grms of fat. Seems like I just need to consume 100 grms of pure fat tonight and a few carbs, doesn't sound that appealing. And that is after eating liver with butter, bacon fat to fry and a large fatty pork chop.

Any advice for the evening meal :-)
    veggies with LOTS of butter? You just need to spread things out better over the course of the day instead of going so heavy on one meal. Unless you prefer to eat only one meal a day - and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Leida is offline Senior Member
    A smoothie with soaked nuts, a bit of berries, chocolate powder and coconut milk? Guacamole with crunchy cabbage?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    I think it will be the veggies with lots of butter, might saute them in bacom fat - what a diet :-) Makes me chuckle to think of the CW gurus reading this!!! I have only had 1000 cals today and definitely need to make some up. thx for the input.

Smoothie sounds great, just don't have the ingredients

faithy22 is offline Member
    I haven't had the time to read through this entire thread and give it the attention it deserves - but at a quick glance I do have one question. My memory may be tricking me here, but haven't there been posts about VLC causing/being linked to adrenal fatigue? I'm just wondering about that. I used to do VLC and loved it but have since stopped. Your progress PB has really made me want to get back into it.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Could someone confirm if possible if that formula uses net or total carbs?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Rawr! Bullet proof coffee and .5 pound of steak iz breakfast!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Kurt Harris is a smart guy. And he has always profess to be "agnostic" when it comes to the optimal macros for any one person.
    Believe that and ... Oh, OK, I don't care enough.

And I forgot to say, yes, as has been said already your avatar is amazing! You are the glamour girl of the Daily Apple boards.

Since you are keto-adapted, have you dabbled with the cold?

Mark has posted some interesting stuff on the cold, brown-fat and so on. (And Dr. Kruse, although he's out of favour.) It's been in my mind as we pass from August to September. I think intuitively low carb and the dark and the cold go together. What did you do in Jefferson's day? You put on a few more clothes and sat near the fire indoors, but basically you got cold and learned to ignore that.

Page 17 of 104 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast