Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nutrition macros and such... page

paul_b is offline Member

Nutrition macros and such...

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I am sort of new around here and new to the Primal lifestyle. I am re-doing my nutrition plan and am aiming for 10lbs per month. I know ambitiious but I am going to give it a go. So I am 33 years old, 219lbs, 6"0.
    I did the calculations laid out by Mr. Scisson and came up with this:

calories: 2120
    Protein: 158 (632 cals)
    Carbs: 100g (400 cals)
    Fat: 130g (1168 cals)

Does this look ok? Let me know what you guys think

thanks,

Paul

paul_b is offline Member
    I am also interested in slimming down a ton, like weight and fat.....Think I should drop the carbs to 50g a day?

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    how much are you eating now? any kinds of activities? guys lose faster than women, but how much do you want to lose? 10 pounds per month is very ambitious, but possibly doable. especially in the beginning.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by paul_b View Post
    I am also interested in slimming down a ton, like weight and fat.....Think I should drop the carbs to 50g a day?
    what's a "ton" exactly? down to like 180? do you want to use this as some sort of crash diet? slow and steady most usually wins the race.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

paul_b is offline Member
    No this is my lifestyle now. I hear what you are saying about slow and steady. My goal would be to get below 200lbs.

I walk everyone morning at least 30 minutes, lift weights in a full body circuit 3 times a week. I am thinking maybe keeping the carbs at 100, so not to crash diet.

thanks for the response noodletoy

paul_b is offline Member
    My ultimate goal is 1-2 lbs a week....

a big cut in carbs usually means pretty significant weight loss for most at first. just make sure you are eating enough overall.

Ernest Hemingway

paul_b is offline Member
    Do the numbers make sense though?

it's not all that much protein for a big guy. 158 gms is only 5.5 ounces. i'd starve to death if that's all i ate each day and i'm a petite woman.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 08-28-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Ernest Hemingway

otzi Guest
    At 219lbs/6' you aren't in terrible shape, my best advice is to stay active but don't go out and start a whole new exercise program just to help with weight loss. Fix you eating habits first, ditch all processed sugar, grain and oils. Start eating healthy selections with plenty of animal protein and fat, lots of seafood, leafy greens, minimal starchy veg like white potatoes and rice. Stop snacking, get control of your hunger. Don't eat within 2 hours of bedtime and get at least 8 hours of sleep at night. There's so much more to health and weightloss than calories.

What you posted is a good target and it's wise to track a while at first just to see where you are and what effect it has. I lost about 60 lbs not counting calories or exercising, then stopped losing. Started tracking calories, cutting carbs to under 50g, primal blueprint-style fitness and lost the last 40 lbs. Been at or below my target weight for over a year now. When you get off track, just stop eating 3 things: Processed sugar, processed grains, industrial seed oils. Anytime you eat one of those you are in the wrong as far as Primal Blueprint goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast