Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Goin' there page

Comma is offline Senior Member

Goin' there

Shop Now
    I have been fiddeling with Primal for months, but now it is time to do some serious tracking. Why? Because I just went on a two-week camping trip full of PASTA and SANDWICHES and SMORES and BEER and I have both regained all the very little bit of weight I lost and feel disgusting. As in coldsore-bloated-hairfallingout-vitiligo-weakminded-depression disgusting.

And also I am very bad at journaling. Don't like it. But on my 10-h drive home yesterday I came up with something that might keep me motivated better than writing down all I ate to then beat myself over the head with it. I will write down all the bad things I DIDN'T EAT. Yes. Not, obviously, all the snickers in the world, but the one I was staring at in the check-out line, the one I already felt in my hand and pictured the moment I would get rid of the kids so I could gobble it down. That one will be journaled, and then I can say, hello fabulous self, you saved yourself 5000 calories of crap over the last month, and well done.

Basic Info on me: 38, 5'8, after-camping weight bloody well 155 lb, two preschoolers (count that as excercise if you will), STHP. History of light depression and CW eating, lbs have been creeping up over the last 8 years. I used to be a slim 140 and would like to get back there. However, more than anything I want to feel good again. Not like a greasy sod.

I very much agree with not eating sugars and processed foods and legumes and instead eating grass fed meat, eggs, veggies, dairy and fruit. Lately I have become suspicious that either I have a small problem agreeing on weeding out all grain OR I am more wheat addicted than I'm aware of. I seem to keep sliding back on the baked stuff, justifying it with 'this little bit can not possibly be so very bad' or some mental version of it. It doesn't help that DH is very unsympathetic and constantly saying primal is BS. Well. You will helpfully point out that I am my own person and can do what I want, and so there! You are right and journaling will sort it all out. So here we go.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Comma, good luck. This would have to be one of the most exciting times in my life, as I am sure yours too. The changes are incredible and so worth all the effiort

keep us posted on how you are getting on
    take care
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

So today, on day 1 after disastrous camping trip, I dragged the kids to the store and bought all healthy things. And because in my recent-fast-food induced disgust I did so well on eating, I will do what I just said I wouldn't, and jot that down, too. Breakfast was LIVER WITH ONIONS! I love it. The family does not. So I waited until DH had left around 10 to avoid the commentary. Around noon I ate an apple the kids didn't want to finish. Around 2 pm I had a bowl of gardened tomatoes, 1/2 an aavocado, 1 egg with sea salt and dulse, some bits of potato with butter the kids left, a handful of sunflower seeds, 1 grape. What I didn't have: A LARGE HANDFUL OF GRAPES. Hmm. Nothing heroic, but something to list! Good. So that's....hang on...aaaah! only a measly 52 calories! Hm. But we must consider the insulin spike. No insulin spike besides of already lunch-induced raise. I'll take it.

Also I took my supplements. Gingko and milk thistle for my vitiligo, and Biotin cause my hair is falling out now.

Then I finished listening to my Wheat Belly Audiobook. Might be a great book, but nothing like hearing about Amylase and Amylopectin to fall asleep when camping. Better than Magnesium. Apropo magnesium, I bought a thing of Epsom salt and I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to a bath tonight! You who have been on extended camping trips will know what I mean!

Thanks Gwamma!

Finished strong yesterday with a meat and veggie dinner, and a square of chcolate for dinner.

Sooo, I was a busy little bee and kept a list of stuff I wanted to, but didn't eat yesterday. And mind you, this was a craving free day. List includes: grapes, clementines, a LOT of coconut flakes (would have been a midnight snack but passed up even though couldn't sleep), and a little bit of dark chocolate. Estimated savings: an astonishing 601 calories. In one day? S' not bad! Weight is down .2 lbs, and I'll happily take.

YEah, sleep....must not watch the new episodes of Louis CK on Netflix, but go to bed earlier. Plan today: sleep by 11. Must get up around 7, so that seems like a good long sleep.

Oh, ugh ugh ugh! What did I do? I just got a huge watery blister under my eye! What is it with these random freak things?? Now I have a cold sore and an eye blister, and a squeezed pimple....I do not look good.

On top I had too much fruit today. Way too much. Now I am bloated like 5 months pregnant. Or 6. I had breakfast (pork with tomato salad) too late. Then I started on an apple....followed by da grapes...a tangerine....all hell breaks loose...

Mussels for lunch. Not enough, again, as the kids ate way more than I thought. So now they like mussels. I then had more grapes. Then salami and sunflower seeds. SO HUNGRY! I had a cup of tea with butter to get a handle on it, but it didn't help. Then for dinner, salmon and veggies with butter and more tomato salad (must finish tomatoes...) with avocado and sour cream...heaps and heaps.

What I heroically didn't eat: a big bowl of greek yogurt with honey and granola, and a couple slices of rye bread with butter and salami.

Then I went to the farmers market, and got all the meat sorted, but THEN the lady had forgotten the thingi for the credit cards, and I didn't have enough cash and so came away with only one measly soup bone. I think the baby needs bone broth. So do I. But I cannot function without liver for breakfast. I want liver.

So, plan: no fruit tomorrow! And lots of salmon for breakfast. Maybe that blister under my eye will go away then.....ugh.

My undereye-blister has spread itself over night, now making an unattractive double-bag. Compensated with washing hair and putting on a new dress (blue, maxi, Hilfinger) that requires a STRAPLESS BRA. Then I made breakfast for the people that live with me, cleaned the kitchen and the living room and the playroom, and did the laundry. The 4 yo wants to vacuum all, which is excellent. So now all is better, and I will be beautiful again in no time. Also have to mow the lawn.

I had a virtuous breakfast of salmon and veggies and bone broth. Took my supplements (if things go on like this I will probably break down crying). Now I have a little rest with my left-over coffee, then I will write 3 pages, then I will plan out food for next week so I will be prepared for farmer's market on weekend. HA! I am doing it!

..had an apple and some grapes...HUNGRY! I must be going through sugar withdrawal. I actually feel a little sick from the stuff I ate (mainly eggs with nutbutter) and still want to eat more. Must be strong.

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    Hey Comma -- are you hungry, or do you "want" to eat more? There is a difference. You sound like me when I first went primal. Methinks you need to supplement with more fat. Are you familiar with coconut oil bars or macadamia nuts? Would that help? I find them very satisfying.

I struggle with boredom eating at work, as quite honestly, my job is brainless. So I bring my food with me, and I know what I need for the day. Rather than stress myself over when I eat, I eat the food I need for the day, and once done, I can have steamed veggies and butter until I'm satiated, often as I want. I find it work. So perhaps you could do that -- set aside the food you are going to eat that day. NO ONE else can touch it. Any leftovers from the kids -- that goes for their snack. But maybe giving yourself the visual of what food is available for the day.

Grapes are REALLY high in sugar, so I find them addictive. I don't buy them. I don't buy any fruit, except berries, frozen if necessary. I can eat the whole container in a sitting -- so be it. Then I make myself content with salad and protein if I get hungry again.

I feel for your struggle. It sounds so familiar. Hang in there.

Breno is offline Junior Member
    Comma, I'm having the same problem. Fourth day going no sugar, no grain. It's driving me crazy and I feel tired. Let's hope we this phase gets over soon.

Yes! Real hunger, the Carb-withdrawal-sort that simply doesn't go away because da body wants grains (or at least sugar) and not fat. I have been through this before.... Still, the first time coming off is waaaay worst, after that it is comparatively more of a hump.

That said, I did have some yogurt with oat granola yesterday. My resolve weakes a bit more every day. Must stay strong and remember McDo induced disgust. Did not have at least 1 slice of bread with salami.

Today I had zucchini with tahini, olives and an egg with dulse for breakfast. Not great, but it was that or Granola. Not enough to keep me in line through the day. Farmer's market is still a few days off, so I have to get the kids to the supermarket and get me some grtain-fed meat. Rrrraaawww! I want liver. I also have discovered a disturbing tendencies towards barely-done meat. Hm.

There's a frozen rabbit in my fridge for tonight. Not sure how to make it, so will buy crabmeat for sushi instead and think about the dead rabbit later

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast