Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Goin' there page 8

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    All right, the grapes did me in yesterday. I really can barely eat any fruit if I want to stay on track, and I'm afraid that includes the smoothies I have been lately been making. Meat and veggies it is, for me. Must fight sugar in the family and GET THE CRAP FOODS OUT! The kids have been waaaaay slipping (that is, me) and are mainly living off grains and sugar these days after being almost primal. So, new effort and kids had eggs and bacon for breakfast, cottage cheese with grapes for preschool...and a chocolate chip granola bar...Do I give them the stuff I bought for sister's kids or do I just toss? Maybe I use it to slowly phase out, so won't be so conspicous to them. Yes.

Well, new day new luck! Started with a tea with cream and 1 spoon of sugar, bacon and eggs. Didn't have enough sleep, even though went to bed early. Woke up worrying about money and blunders of days before, which lost me an hour or so that I'd liked to have in the morning. Then was grumpy to DH (who DIDN't get up) and kids (who DID get up). I'm a mean tired. Must sleep better!! How how how? Did Leptin reset deal with that? Will have to look into.

Continued stellar performance ordering tea at coffe place and having sardines, organic broccoli and avocado for lunch with kids. The had blueberries with heavy cream for desert, and kids seem happy.

Paying for yesterday's sin of two snickerdoodles with today's headache and flare up of eczema. Honestly, how can I still eat gluten? I KNOW that's what it is. I also notice that I fall like a little dum-dum into the same traps again and again. Not eating enough good, and then caving in to bad foods. Not having primal snacks ready, but having the wrong foods in the house to mollify other people. One step forward, two back. Ugh.

Feel extremely uncomfortable mentally today, like I'm a bad person messing everything up for the family. So have decided that we need another sick day with baths and watching TV and reading and not obsessing in order to get into happier state of mind. Yes. Must be proactive and take measures to make family happy. Must also hold on to the fact that I didn't go eat chips in bed in my 3-h kiddie break this morning, but marched right into coffee place and wrote solidly. Love new story. Am actually in love with male protagonist, even though is Alien. Is all good. V. nice Alien. Yes.

Hehe, had a bath and watched Mulan with the kids, who spent 3/4 of the movie in their crawly-tunnel bc way too scary. They had fun and so did I. They didn't even notice that only snack they got was seaweed, and then were hungry enough for some chicken and broccoli for dinner. Pudding was greek yogurt with cream and fruit and a few dark chocolate chips. Win!

Now DH is still working, so I get to chose a movie and watch it without the commentary *happy sigh*. See? All better and stupid blunders happen to everybody. Is not a big deal. Just have to be in bed before DH comes hme as is not in good mood and do not want to be buffer tonight as mental situation is precarious.

Another bad night. Must look up meditation techniques for serenity, job sites for money, and leptin reset for hormones. Waves over the head.

SO MUCH BETTER TODAY! Stuffed myself yesterday and went to bed late on purpose and slept like a baby. There.

Both feet back on the ground. I went to bed at 10:30, slept like a baby. I think I didn't eat enough and went to bed too early, and then just woke up hungry. Also took me a couple of days to get back into clean eating after last PMS disaster-but now all is good. Must go shoping though, as eat surprising amounts of food.

I have a two-pack now....ditching the coffee uncovered them! Ha!

Yesterday night I overplayed my hand, going to bed later...the baby didn't sleep well, so I had to get up in teh middle of the night and then couldn't fall back asleep. TIRED....but I tolerably managed the dicey child-rearing situations today and tonight I can make up for missing sleep, I hope.

But yes, talking about coffee, just had a cup and it upset my stomach. Also desperately ned to go shopping, but everybody was too tired.

HAving piece of cheese with decaf chai-butter tea...waiting for potential job call and is all very scary. I am a bad phone person, much better in person and or email...phones upset me. Must see face or written word. Would be the worst operator in world, constantly in panic and hooking up all wrong people.

Oooooouch, page 8. Must keep up lovely journal better but just had a crazy week. Am primal, though! With teeny exeption of glass of sherry at night, and last night a beer because was upset about pending month-long visit of family (and do not have spare bedroom) and could not sleep. Also had not enough food at all, so ate bowl of sunflowerseeds and raisins with beer at 1 am (sigh), and little read of Stephenie Meyer. All right, is not primal. Should have pulled out pret-a-manger drumsticks and read Wheatbelly or the likes.

Well. All is not lost yet, and have huge pork roast with pumpkin spice in slow cooker for tonight. It had better turn out smashing, because I didn't use precious roast to make really really really yummy pulled pork with best recipe in the WORLD.

In less interesting news, my stomach has been low-level hurting the last few days. Could be any of these: beer (2 in the last week and suspect has gluten?), dairy (have taken to eating cream and raspberries), or stress induced ulcer due to said pending family visit. There. Pleasant circular ending to post, and must quit while ahead.

Oh, oh, also have got books on meditation and will mediate now to be restful and then spread balance and Zen among spiritually resistant family members. Ha. Ahahahaha!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast