Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Goin' there page 7

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    \ I also have discovered a disturbing tendencies towards barely-done meat. Hm.
    You are not the only one to notice this - I have always loved a good steak but lately the rarer the better. I have talked to a few other people I know who are also living Primal and they also agree rare steak just seems to taste better.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Ha - back to the roots!

So I thought after eating ALL DAY yesterday and gaining a proud 6 lbs over the last two or three days, I would just live off the fat of the belly today, as well as the no doubt plentiful remnants still contained in digestive system. After plans were made and approved by said frontal lobe, I came downstairs at 8 (kids slept in as are all sick), and RAVENOUS HUNGER hit me smack in the face. I just couldn't not eat, but at least I stayed primal. Before my tea was even done I had given the kids breakfast and made myself an egg sunny side up, on a breakfast sausage pattie, and a half zucchini cooked with butter and salt. Snarfed it all up but barely made a dent into hunger, so ate another egg that the kids left and other half of zucchini dripping with butter. Hunger is still barely contained...this is not good. Ugh, here we go, spending way too much energy and calories on damage control. Also everybody is still sick and DH is still MIA. Plus he's not going to come back glowing with testosterone and tasty dinosaur-steak slung over his shoulder, but with congested sinuses and exhausted from overly long monster drive. Ugh ugh. But must not complain about comfortable middle-class life with lovely family. Instead I will drink more tea.

Solid breakfast has once again saved the day. Had also a bowl of kefir with stevia (blech- can't stand the stuff, but thought it'd trick the carb monster into quiet) and roaring hunger just disappeared when I was distracted for a half hour. Had a bit of cheese with an apple for lunch and going to have chickensoup with veggies for dinner in a bit. Cold is better after sea salt bath. I feel so egocentered tonight, pampering myself before kids are in bed, but am sick and is okay.

Still sick...haven't done this long enough to come in for the 'it only took two days' perks, it appears.....

Breakfast was bacon, lunch was lamb with red cabbage and cranberries, then some snacking around on yogurt and sunflower seeds, some veggie sticks, lots of tea. Not great, but cannot exert any self discipline beyond not crying out of annoyance with cold and general weakness. Must get better soon. Not looking forward to monster day tomorrow with loads of appointments for the kids and also have to start new short story which is a drag right now. Can't think of anything.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya! I am also sick and can't seem to shake it at the moment - glad to see I am not the only one with a monster appetite while fighting this cold.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Yeah, it's weird. I'm eating like nobody's business. Ergh, starve a fever, feed a cold, right? So.

Feel much better today but also took some Niquil last night to ensure full night of sleep. Had buttered tea and a bowl of beef stew for breakfast at 7, then lamb with cranberries and green beans for lunch. Full day of driving the kids around and running errands, but all is well. First half of cycle has me back to my happy self (the second half is somebody else I am regrettably unable to take responsiblity for) and yes, all is well. Will call doctor now to talk about Lybrel or similar. Very un-primal, but thank God we are not cavemen anymore.

Also have started new story that I am already in love with, which, a couple days after sending off the last, is pretty good for me. Hope the first one finds a home fast, ideally one that pays. Yes. Writers must eat just as much as plumbers.

Oh yes, and can report that all 6 gained pounds have vanished again, together with half a new one, so look hotter than ever. Which is pretty hot, given that I don't have to post photos. Haha.

Sigh.

STILL sick- also had day full of embarrassing blunders yesterday, am just not entirely myself. Just wanted all to bugger off and leave me alone to cure cold in the end...
    Had sausage, beans and potato salad for dinner and took Niquil again which made me sleep through the night. MIght be evil chemical mixture, but sure is nice to sleep through the night. However, must not become habit and tonight I have to sleep on my own again.

Only have made it as far as buttered tea, but really would like to have piece of warm toast with butter and honey. Must stay strong. Last time I had horrible gluten fress-fest I payed with headaches and eczema for three days afterwards, and is no fun. No.

Has everybody seen Peep Show on Netflix instant yet? V.funny and highly recommended. Much better than 30Rock these days, which has become tepid. I'm talking 6th season and I haven't laughed once through the first three episodes, so no deisre to watch anymore.

Ha! Have eaten bowl of kefir with blueberries and sunflower seeds and v little honey, also egg and bacon instead. In your FACE, butter-honey dripping toast. I'm DOING it. Ha. Ahahahahahaha!

PrimalCon New York
    grapes, however, will be the sugary death of me. Bought organic for the probably first time ever and OMG, are they yummy. Much MUCH better than the cheap non-organic ones. Rather buy these rarely than the other ones all the time...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast