Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goin' there page 4

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Oh, thank you! Sounds good, I will try it with chicken. Rabbit, not so much. Those skinny little things look like, well, I won't say it. But it starts with pickled and ends in bryo. So, no more of that. But I like me a good slow cooker recipe, so I will definitely give this a go with a hen.

I made sushi tonight- the dh has to work, poor man, so I get to read Mansfield Park and eat on the sofa instead of being forced by wifely obligation to watch Jon Stewart. Who is fabulous and handsome, but not, maybe, quite as restful as Fanny Price's little weirdnesses (here, a note to my fellow obsessive-compulsive Austen readers. I am only reading Mansfield Park because I already read Northanger Abbey, persuasion, S&S and Emma in the days before. I'm not, actually, entirely fond of MP bc Fanny is such a ninny. And I'm saving P&P, that little cream puff of a read, for last. After that I will, yet again, move on to the Brontes. But, in my defense, I'm also reading all modern stuff. And I'm in love with Karen Russell, so go and read Swamplandia.).

And now I will maybe take a little seasalt bath....see, a well-rested mom is a good mom. Well-fed is important, too. Also well-slept. Am very tired already. And so for the sake of my kids will go and take excellent care of myself....maybe have a tiny sherry too. Yes.

Oh, life is good. Come on, admit it.

Had tea this morning- is actually very nice. My eyes are still itchy, but my nose is not as stuffy as usual; also was able to breath at night. So how long does one need to test drive this? Two weeks?

I think I need a new breakfast. Didn't want eggs the last couple mornings, and bacon every day is no good, even the uncured one as is still smoked. So then? Can I just have huge amounts of butter in my tea?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    My wife is having similar problems with breakfast. Gave up cereal. She's eating yogurt for now. I'm trying to convince her to give up dairy to see if it stops her eternal stuffy nose, but she lets her appetite and stomach guide what she can eat when, so steak and eggs for breakfast isn't happening.

I find the swelling in my eyes goes away in two to three days sans bad coffee.

Haven't tried butter in any drinks, still relying on coconut milk. But I see no reason not to put butter in the tea.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    My wife is having similar problems with breakfast. Gave up cereal. She's eating yogurt for now. I'm trying to convince her to give up dairy to see if it stops her eternal stuffy nose, but she lets her appetite and stomach guide what she can eat when, so steak and eggs for breakfast isn't happening.
    It clears not just the stuffy nose, but the yuckness that comes out of the throat as well.
    For me it did, anyway..
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Yeah...I guess huge amounts of butter aren't all that compatible with my non-dairy approach. Huge amounts of coconut oil I don't think either, as I may be allergic. God, what am I not allergic or sensitive to? Can this be? I never had nada but a dust mite allergy, and now its gluten, coffee, dairy. Come to think of it, I was tested as a kid and was actually allergic to wheat and rye, but my mom said it was newfangled balderdash and ignored it. So now? I can have meat and veggies and fruit. Hm. That doesn't sound as impressively restrictive as planed at the beginning of the sentence. Maybe I need to look into decadent fruit smoothies so I can keep a few badass sins. Don't wont to come over too middleaged.

The eyes have been good today! Bit itchy, but nowhere near the bright red vampire eyes of before, and the nose running away on its own. Ha! I should stick with the coffee and the depigmentation and then I would be a PERFECT Pseudovampire! For no reason at all!

I just got my Seaweed snacks from Amazon, packed into a gigantic carton about fifty times the size of the snackbox, with huge amounts of packing paper. That'll fill up the bin, ugh. Also am a bit nauseated and not keen on seaweed. Not sure why nauseated, but it's been a long day: Make breakfast for family (I had tea with a bit of butter), clean and vacuum house, bring big kid to preschool, take walk with little kid to post office and hardware store and auto store, make pizza dough with little kid (aaaa!), pick up first kid, socialize with preschool crowd, let kids finish up pizzas (aaaa!), marshall them through eating (I had chicken and mustard greens), play with them in backyard, cut fabric for robe for little kid, take kids to farmer's market (I bought liver and stew cubes and breakfast patties), then take kids to the park to assemble (aaa!) kite and try to fly, then go to playground, and NOW they are in the tub. The little one lost her TV privilege because she wouldn't put her shoes back on on the playground, and now I have her in my hair instead, while making dinner. Mpf. But is all good. The kids are lovely and its just the nicest fall weather. I'm so glad I can be home with them instead of having to work. Not that it's not looming.

Yesterday I must have gone into Ketosis. I had tree rashes of bacon, egg, and a pork sausage pattie, buttered tea and some excusatory veggies with butter for breakfast at 8 am, then forced myself to eat an apple with nut butter at around 4 because I felt like on the brink of fainting, but no appetite. Dinner was a plate of liver and onion at 7. Workout: take two preschoolers apple picking and hay riding, then cook with them. V. exhausting, lots of jumping and lunging involved, plus lifting of heavy things. At night I couldn't sleep as I never can sleep when I don't eat enough calories, and had a bowl of oatmeal with milk and honey at 1 am. Well. At least now I know what to do if I want to kill my appetite: eat huge amounts of fat for breakfast.

Today I woke up in the worst mood ever. I decided to up the carbs so I can eat more and be happier (just in case it wasn't the lack of sleep). Because everything else was gone, I had buttered tea and a bowl of kefir with blueberries and honey around 9. Lunch at 2 pm was salmon with green beans drenched in butter and half a sweet potato, a few sips of green smoothie (oh, I am no good at making them...they are lumpy and tangy, blech) and pulling the apples out of a piece of apple pie with cream. Instant headache! This gluten intolerance is getting worse. I don't think I need any dinner, lunch must have come in at a cool 20,000 calories or so.

So then I thought it'd be a good idea to measure my waist and it is at 32 inches. It used to be 29, but that is in the morning on an empty stomach. I will try again tomorrow morning. Because I had better not have gained 3 inches of belly fat.....

Oh crap, I could eat again. I want a steak. *sigh*

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    Breakfast was LIVER WITH ONIONS! I love it. The family does not. So I waited until DH had left around 10 to avoid the commentary.

Also I took my supplements. Gingko and milk thistle for my vitiligo, and Biotin cause my hair is falling out now.
    Your husband's comments and commentary have more of a negative effect than you realize. That goes for any of us who have spouses or family members who are not supportive; not specific to you.

Try zinc for the vitiligo if you have not already.

Great idea about noticing what you were able to avoid, not just what you actually ate. I like that.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    So I think I'll try and go all out high fat for a couple of weeks. I'll cut back the dairy (still eating too much cheese and 1/21/2. Hm. Butter stays, I think.), nix the grains and the coffee. I'l have tea instead.
    This morning I had tea, an egg and a slab of Kerrygold butter around 9 and it lasted until 1 pm. Maybe there was a dip in energy around 11, which, ha, was also when I had the coffee with half and half. Ha. HAHAHAHA! Tonight is sushi night. Sticky rice has got to stay.
    Try ghee instead of butter if you are trying to avoid dairy protein. It does not contain the casein that can be bothersome.

Grass fed ghee from Pure Indian Foods is awesome. Will need salt.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast