Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am primal but not seeing any results...please help page

Getfitt is offline Junior Member

I am primal but not seeing any results...please help

Primal Fuel
    39 y old female weigh 133 lbs now height is 5-2'' , started Primal eating in April ,2012 was off grains prior to that for about two yrs . I did HCG two rounds lost 4-6 lbs on each and gained back so I really didnt lose much.
    In april I lost 6 lbs last weigh in was 128 after 3 weeks of going primal and also the inches were lost I was so happy and felt so good.But For the past 3 n half months I am BACK TO 133-134 LBS RANGE its so frustating I am not seeing any inch loss either.

I am eating exactly what I was eating before. I did quit dairy 1 month ago to see if that was the culprit but not seeing any wt loss at all . WHat am I doing wrong? please help

usual foods :

Breakfast 2 eggs fried with CO + 1 /2 avocado and coffee with creamer and stevia do it around 8-9 am .

lunch : Avocado 1/2 , baked or grilled chicken / tilapia and salad no dressing.

snacks : some blueberries or orange or rarely an apple or banana. fruit mostly 2-3 times a week.

Dinner : usually steak and salad. I use butter and coconut oil all the time EVOO in regular cooking.

I do eat sweet potato once in a while and some dark chocolate small amount not much , drink plenty of water and caffiene is limied to one to 2 cups a day...

please help ....why am not seeing any wt loss ....any suggestions are welcomed...BTW I am not hungry and sleep okay.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Getfitt View Post
    39 y old female weigh 133 lbs now height is 5-2'' , started Primal eating in April ,2012 was off grains prior to that for about two yrs . I did HCG two rounds lost 4-6 lbs on each and gained back so I really didnt lose much.
    AFAIK, HCG is highly inadvisable and what people lose on that is mostly muscle. Obviously, losing lean tissue is a really bad idea.

I think your food looks like just the right kind of stuff. You say that you're not hungry and are sleeping OK, and both those are important. Going hungry seems not be a good idea, despite the popular view, and sleep is really vital.

I would not worry too much and give it more time.

You don't mention exercise? What are you doing for that? Too much of the wrong sort can stymie weight-loss.

The only thing that you don't say is how much chicken/fish at lunch and how much steak at dinner. Not enough is a not a good thing, but too much isn't helpful either and will knock you out of ketosis if you're trying to drop your carbs really low and get into that state (as I guess you are from those meal descriptions).

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    We are about at the same place, actually. 34 years old, 133-134 lbs. and not losing. And I've recently read quite a bit on two levels. One is, have you looked into any other symptoms of inflammation? For me, it was candida overgrowth. But any other types could be to blame (though that you are off dairy is probably helpful). Second, as we get older, our set points get harder to deny. I was thinner last year, and have to believe that I can get back to where I was. But reality is -- it's not happening now. And I'm not willing to eat differently (worse) than I do now, just because I'm not getting the results I want. I have been metabollically damaged over the years with all my yo-yo dieting and starvation, so perhaps that might play into it as well?

I hired a personal trainer, and for the first time in six months, I am seeing changes in composition, though not weight. Perhaps that is an option? I found a Paleo-based trainer who takes online clients, and her methods are crossfit/body weight based. It's butt-kicking, fast, and simple. And I definitely can see the diference.

Not sure if any of this will help, but know you aren't alone. And it's not a bad place to be, either.

Dave Mayo is offline Senior Member
    Are you exercising? If so, what?

Any symptoms of fatigue, muscle twitches, insomnia, hot flashes, headaches, dizziness when standing? Any other things of note?

Thanks for a prompt reply.
    I dont exercise .... just regular house work ( cleaning ,cooking ,doing laundry) and run around with a 3 yr old and sedentary type part time job.
    I eat about 3-4 oz of chicken or fish or steak and I feel full after that .... so I never feel deprived or stuffed AT ANY MEAL.
    ONLY carbs I am getting is occasional sweet potato / fruit and vegetables. You think for females more carbs are better for weight loss? Or I should just stick with what I am doing . I do take Mg at bedtime and Vitamin D supplement daily as well.
    Really want to see the scale going to the lower side and as at times I feel am retaining water more than I used to....may be upping my protein intake will help? But i am not hungry at all.....I eat when I feel hungry and stop when full...

not really fatigued or energized feel okay I guess...

I have had issues with candida overgrowth off and on in past .... since going primal only twice had that problem which went away on its own...if I eat more fruits I see the problem if I quit eating fruit its better...funny how I know exactly what I am doing to cause this candida overgrowth...and then starve them off...lol

Ciavyn ...thanks for your support ...I cant afford the personal trainer but i think I should add some yoga /pilates or little KETTLE BELL ...you sound so much like me with weight stuggles ,candida and yo yo dieting... I am less stressed since going primal as I am not starving myself and feel less gulity when I eat ...

lexie is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you're eating enough, to be honest, if you're only having 3-4 oz of meat. Plus, after punishing your body with HCG, it's still in recovery mode.

SCruz Carter is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Exercise is key, Just walking is great, but to see real changes you need to add at least some body weight exercises and some sprinting. I platued a while back and the moment I started IF combined with more exercise I started dropping again.
    Male 40 Years Old
    210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
    ??? LBs- GW
    36"- Starting pant size
    32" - Current Pant size

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast