Thread: Diets bad for the teeth are also bad for the body page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

From the article:

"Hujoel reviewed the relationships between diet, dental disease, and chronic systemic illness in a report published July 1 in the Journal of Dental Research. He weighed two contradictory viewpoints on the role of dietary carbohydrates in health and disease. The debate surrounds fermentable carbohydates: foods that turn into simple sugars in the mouth. Fermentable carbohydrates are not just sweets like cookies, doughnuts, cake and candy. They also include bananas and several tropical fruits, sticky fruits like raisins and other dried fruits, and starchy foods like potatoes, refined wheat flour, yams, rice, pasta, pretzels, bread, and corn."

I makes total sense to me...

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Trinkwasser Guest

Sounds like Weston A Price has been reincarnated!

Yes just like the dietician some of my dentists accused me of eating "too much sugar" when I wasn't. However I *was* eating too much starch which had excatly the same effect. Teeth and gums are now hugely improved.

Some good stuff here

http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/20...and-death.html