Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't we worried about mad cow disease? page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Why aren't we worried about mad cow disease?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why are we so sure our beef is safe?
    Billie trips balls

Crofter is offline Member
    I was going to say "because we trust our government" but......um....no. As BSE comes from the feeding of animal tissue to herbivores, I guess that grass fed and organic will be the safest bet.
    Of course the feeding of discarded cattle brains to cows is now banned, but that never stopped Big Agro before.

We rear our own beef animal each year. All I can suggest is get to know a farmer to the point where you really trust him/her. If they eat their own beef it's a good sign too!
    Last edited by Crofter; 08-28-2012 at 05:15 AM.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    You can get food poisoning from anything. You're far more likely to get salmonella from poultry than mad cow disease, which is exceedingly rare. More food illnesses and deaths are caused by tainted produce than bad meat. Technically, vegetables are the biggest killer. Every month there's a new e.coli outbreak. We won't even get into the number of deaths caused by car accidents driving to the grocery store. How do we even know we'll make it to ACME in one piece?

If we worried all day about everything that could kill us, we'd never stop worrying and die at 19 years old of a massive peptic ulcer. Use common sense. Wash your produce, cook your meat appropriately and keep your kitchen clean. If you're washing and cooking your food, you should be okay.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 08-28-2012 at 05:24 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Why are we so sure our beef is safe?
    The husband of a lady who used to work with my wife was a stock man. He says that here in the UK all cattle have to be tagged from birth nowadays and are regularly checked for any signs of illness. BSE would instantly be reported and dealt with. OTOH, if you're buying meat from places that do not have the same stringent controls......
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i like to gamble
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Englishman in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i like to gamble
    I don't, the steaks are too high. Zing!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    niiiice one
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    When cattle are allowed to eat their natural food, they don't get mad cow disease. That is a disease of forcing cattle to eat industrial waste made from cattle brains and spinal columns. Cattle are meant to eat grass, not each other.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    The same reason I'm afraid of having anvils fall from the sky.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    When cattle are allowed to eat their natural food, they don't get mad cow disease. That is a disease of forcing cattle to eat industrial waste made from cattle brains and spinal columns. Cattle are meant to eat grass, not each other.
    So, conclusion, don't eat meat anywhere else besides your home or absolutely trusted places
    Billie trips balls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast