Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 8

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Got my slow movement in by walking round the shops while waiting two hours for my car to be fixed.

Ended up buying a swimsuit which I desperately need since last year's one is now two sizes too big and bordering on indecent. Oh this primal lifestyle can get expensive.

Today I went out for hot chocolate with a friend.

I loved the outing with my friend, but the hot chocolate was ultimately a disappointment - overly sweet to my taste now, not satisfying because I was still satisfied from by breakfast frittata, and caused me to crave sweets by lunchtime. Fortunately I resisted by grabbing some chicken and nuts at the supermarket, but that was not as enjoyable as taking time to make something decent and consume it in leisurely fashion.

So, my intended treat kept me from fully enjoying two meals and I have to wonder if it was worth it. Maybe I need to find new ways of treating myself. But, to me, eating wonderful primal food every day is a treat in itself. So is feeling light and fit, and staying slim. Who could want for anything more?

It's great to have a waist again.

Even better would be to find clothes that fit. It seems that whenever I find something that will go around my hips and seat, it gapes at the waist which looks bad and feels uncomfortable. It's annoying, but nothing a few darts won't fix. So I spent the morning altering a rather smart skirt picked up at the op shop, and mending a pair of pants that just had a wee hole. I think they're going to be my new favourites.

My altered skirt received a positive comment today, and I managed to resist admitting that it was an op shop find.

My very dear friend claims that even when she exercises and eats healthy she still gains weight and she seems to have pretty much given up on trying. She believes her body is "made to store".

I was sad that I really couldn't think of anything to say to this at the time. In hindsight I wish I'd said, "you could change that". After all, all of us are "made to store" if we persist in overeating all those sugar and grain heavy foods out there.

I did query whether her definition of eating healthy meant "meat and veges" and of course she agreed, but I honestly doubt it.

Made a cauliflower frittata for my daughter's breakfast - she's usually a cereal and toast girl, just because it's easy, but she loves dinner leftovers too. Today I made them into omelette and she ate even more than I do (growing 12yo). I wonder if she'll notice a difference in how soon she gets hungry again.

What I ate today:

Breakfast - frittata made of leftover veges fried in butter, pour over two eggs beaten with salt, pepper and some milk, top with grated cheese.

Lunch - large bowl of salad made with lettuce leaves, cucumber, avocado, olives, grapes, cheese, sprinkled with nuts, mixed seeds and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Dinner - baked chicken drumsticks with coriander, steamed carrots with butter, another salad

Supper snack - 4 scorched almonds.
    Last edited by Annieh; 10-29-2012 at 03:48 AM.

Hey, I'm starting to like salads.

Maybe it's because they are actually full of delicious good things, rather than boring tomatoes which I don't like but which I always imagined had to be in a salad.

Lunch has been the hardest meal for me to convert to primal, and when everyone suggested salad I felt only ho-hum. They're a hassle to make, not much fun to eat, and unlikely to fill me up, is what I thought. But lately, I have thrown a few together and found they don't really take any more work than anything else, as well as being tasty, and if I use a really big bowl (like what I would normally put on the table for three or four of us) they do actually fill me up.

Today I sliced the meat off yesterday's lamb chop, warmed it up and dumped it on top of my salad. Yummy and plenty of staying power.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Annie, am thrilled to read that you are starting to enjoy BAS. They can be dressed up or down as you see fit. A great lunch!
    How are the birthday preps going ?
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Annie, am thrilled to read that you are starting to enjoy BAS. They can be dressed up or down as you see fit. A great lunch!
    How are the birthday preps going ?
    G
    Slowly, but I am a bit of a lastminute girl. Tomorrow I will shop and bake the cake. My teenage dd will be home in the afternoon, she can help me plan the treasure hunt. Saturday morning we will all prep food together, 12yo wants to be part of the action so that makes things a lot easier than in the past when I had to do it all myself in order to keep the surprise which was the whole point of it. She wants to be surprised by the treasure hunt but everything else she can be in on.

Somewhere in there dh will mow the lawns, I hope. Our mower is being serviced right now, if it doesn't get fixed in time we will have to borrow one.

Your wedding plans?

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast