Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 7

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Annie - darling girl, welcome home. Thrilled to hear that your holiday went well, but am thrilled that you are now safely back in the country, back into the mundane....except for MDA of course. Far too much happening on these threads !!!!!!!!

G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Yay! Welcome back (and thank you for the kind words about the leapling quilt/playmat - husband is convinced it doesn't work).
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Today's simple realisation that it's so EASY to readopt primal eating after a break.

Fabulous onion/mushroom/silverbeet frittata for breakfast. Dinner was slow baked sweet and sour pork chops, the meat literally fell off the bone, with buttered cauliflower.

I did a little gentle gardening today and I must get back to the gym tomorrow, I really NEED to get this body moving again.

59kg. Wondering how I lost a kilo after two weeks of eating French fries and not exercising? Probably loss of muscle tone, so nothing a few sessions back at the gym won't fix.

Took my class a bit easier today with lighter weights so as not to injure myself, and have to say it feels good to have the blood pumping through my system again.

Stayed primal while eating out with family. It was potluck so I made sure to take things I would eat, and there were a few more good options for me too.

I wasn't the least tempted by cheesecake and icecream, and only a little by the rhubarb crumble, but I did not succumb, having genuinely eaten enough already

Just realised my dh has been eating his greek yoghurt straight this week. I, um, forgot to buy the regular sweetened lowfat stuff at the supermarket.

He's a pretty easy going sort of guy, but I don't know whether I can get away with that again. I do wish that he would be interested in looking after his own health, then I could really help. But mostly I just do it by subterfuge, then unfortunately get frustrated when he sabotages my efforts by loading up on the most unhelpful things. Oh well, patience is a virtue as they say.

Gardening's got to be primal, right? All that fresh air and sunshine, bending and stretching and lugging heavy things. Then there's the promise of fresh organic produce - eventually.

So, did my bit today. Never my first choice of things to do, but there is so much in its favour that I am determined to make a bit more effort. Pulled some weeds, built a compost pile, checked out the soil under the mulch I applied in autumn when I got all keen on a new organic method. It's looking rich and dark with lots of creepy crawlies, so far, so good. Next step, find my plan that I made in the depths of winter and figure out where I was going to plant my seed potatoes.

Lunch turned out pretty good today, especially considering it was a matter of pulling together a random assortment of what I had left in the fridge. I don't have a name for it, and it will never be repeated, but it was tasty enough, and totally primal.

Finely dice three mushrooms and two silverbeet leaves, sautee in butter.
    Add some chopped meat from last night's beef satay.

Reduce the sauce from last night's beef satay, then stir all the meat and veges into it.
    Add a beaten egg.

Slice two capsicums and fill each half with the meat and vege mix.
    Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in the oven.

Also warm up some slices of meatloaf, and serve with a salad plate assembled from one tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 avocado and a few grapes.

As a result of my creativity here, and by pulling some pork mince and frozen veges from the freezer for dinner, I have managed to put off my next supermarket trip for another day.

Ok now I'm experimenting with icecream.

Yesterday I blended a frozen banana, frozen berries, a fresh banana and cocoa powder. It then became soft so I stuck it in the freezer about an hour before we wanted to eat it. Still it was more like mousse than icecream, not that that is really a problem. We ate it on baked apples. The family liked it but I felt it was too high in carbs for me, as I felt sugar cravings after dinner which is very unusual for me these days.

Tonight's variation: blend two bananas, one orange, cocoa powder and half a bottle of cream. Then place in the freezer till after dinner. The texture was a bit lumpy because it was only half frozen but the flavour was was even yummier. We ate it on its own, and it was satisfying - no reaching for the sultanas etc tonight.

I think these would be excellent treats for my dd after cycling home from school, now I need to find some icecream moulds and sticks so I can make her a week's worth at a time.

So enjoyed giving my friend a totally primal lunch today when she thought she was just popping in for a cup of tea.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast