Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 6

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My daughter is asking for the butter chicken again too, so it will have to be on the menu this week. Glad it worked for you too.

Well I had to eat takeaways tonight (shared event where we all bring our own, fun idea I used to think).

Anyway, thinking to myself that Chinese mightn't be too bad I suggested that to my dh, but he has been looking forward to F&C. So that's what we got.

I had a piece of fish, I picked the batter off, which made a most unappetising pile in front of me, but actually the fish was quite nice. Did the same with the pineapple fritter, and ate lots of chips (most likely done in bad processed oil, but actually tasted ok, not like the last lot I had from a different shop). Thank goodness for the 80/20 principle.

Everyone was drinking fizzy and eating icecream too, but I just have no appetite for that stuff and was sufficiently full from the food. Someone made me a very decent cup of tea, so that was all good.

Hopefully my system can cope, I was uncomfortable for days last time I ate the battered fish, that's why I avoided it this time.
    Last edited by Annieh; 09-22-2012 at 04:03 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Well done Annie. I also tried fish and chips a while ago ( with the batter), and I really suffered the next day. It makes you think thou, when a very small amount of flour can make you feel so bad - what is all that flour doing to people !!!!!
    Next time take some lovely salmon or something, you deserve it !!!!!!!
    I would love to learn how to cook those little sweet potato threads. You have them in restaurants sometimes. Very thin curly sweet potato fried in oil ??????
    if anyone knows - you will my dear girl. I will leave you with that homework !!!!!!
    Thank you in anticipation !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I, too, would have thought that the amount of flour in F&C would be very small, but in fact the pile of leftover batter that I didn't eat was surprisingly large. So glad I didn't have it. I felt fine today, so have decided the batter was definitely the culprit last time.

So today was totally primal foods -
    B: two-egg omelette with butter-fried leeks and a slice of bacon
    L: baked frittata (leeks, pumpkin, bacon, feta with eggs poured over)
    D: meat and vege soup, apple bake with whipped cream

Gwamma I have never come across those sweet potatoes you are talking about, but then I don't go to restaurants much. Sounds like a task for your mandoline.

My sister is going Primal!

She called today from Oz and we had a big discussion about food and this way of eating. I sent her some information some time ago, she quizzed me on all sorts of things and is going to give it a serious attempt. I am so excited for her.

Annie, I am so excited for you. When my sister came on board - it was heaven sent !!!!! I love it that I can knock ideas around, and she is so clever medical wise (she can put some of it into laymans terms), and she agrees with so much of the research.
    Now I need to work on my other six siblings !!!!!!!!!! and their spouses, and their kids !!!!!!!

...small steps....

I knew that this sister really needed to know what I now know, so I dropped a few hints and when she picked up on them I followed up with loads of info and links. So pleased that she and her partner took me seriously and now trying their own dietary experiments.

I do so want all my loved ones to enjoy the same benefits that I have found from this lifestyle, but some of them just aren't ready.

It is so hard to sometimes convey to them that our concern is because we love them. But we all have choices and you can lead a horse to water ........

...small steps....

Where has my inspirational Annie gone ?????
    G

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Where has my inspirational Annie gone ?????
    G
    I went on holiday, but I'm back now. Holiday was fantastic, and food was good for the most part, but I won't be sorry if I don't see another chip for months. After two weeks I am craving veges and fresh food, so headed to the garden first thing.

Spring arrived while I was away so I juiced grapefruit for breakfast and picked some fresh silverbeet leaves to go in my frittata. At lunch, I squeezed a homegrown lemon over my carrot and cheese salad, and this evening steamed a (sadly rather small) cabbage as well as broccoli sprouts, drizzled in butter and served with roast onions and herby chicken nibbles, and another glass of grapefruit juice. Dessert was apple crisp with Greek yoghurt.

My dh did say he was pleased to have a homecooked meal (even though he never seems to tire of burger and fries). I'm so full and satisfied now, next thing is to get back to the gym.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast