Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 3

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Posting my dinner menu again because it was good: Almond-crumbed pork mince handshaped "sausages" with apple sauce, baked kumara chips and buttered carrots.

To drink: Straight grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed from our own fruit.

The family didn't want dessert, I was still a bit hungry though as I did a gym workout today, so I had a primal truffle ball.
    Last edited by Annieh; 09-10-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Awesome chicken soup for lunch. I cut three sticks of celery and three leaves of silverbeet from the garden, sauteed in the chicken fat, added carrot, swede and half an onion, salt, pepper and cardamom seeds, then the chicken broth and simmered it all for a couple of hours.

The broth had not gelled properly but when reduced this way it tasted wonderful. The only shame was it didn't make a lot but I saved a cupful for dd's afterschool snack and she loved the cardamom. All gone now.

Bought some size 8 pants - they fit perfectly and they look . . . well, it's a tad embarrassing how they look. Not sure if I have the courage to just wear them as is. My goal was never to "look good naked" as that's not how I tend to get around. I merely aimed to "look good in clothes". Now, I'm not sure if I want to be Looked At after all.

Guilt free snacking.

Today I felt hungry. But that's ok, I worked out at the gym, I have no more weight to lose, and pretty much everything in my cupboards is primal. So, I grabbed some cashews, sultanas, cheese, an apple, and the last chocolate truffle this afternoon, knowing that everything I put in my mouth was a great choice.

Note to self: Make bigger lunch.
    Last edited by Annieh; 09-13-2012 at 01:45 PM.

I did indeed make a bigger lunch - leftover beef satay (yes some non primal peanuts in the satay), topped with toasted sunflower seeds, large serve of freshpicked greens slathered in cheese and cream sauce, and a carrot dipped in more of the sauce.

This was satisfying at the time, I still didn't make it to dinner time though - snacked on 1/2 banana and a few cashews.

Breakfast was a two-egg omelette with cheese and two slices of bacon.
    Dinner was stirfry chilli and garlic beef served over salad greens, and delicious pumpkin bake.

Love eating this nutritiously.

Watched my dear sister eat breakfast - grainy toast, margarine and marmalade

Just doesn't compare with my two-egg omelette, topped with butter-fried silverbeet and creamy cheese sauce which I had demolished earlier.

The great irony is that my eggs come from HER chickens.
    Last edited by Annieh; 09-14-2012 at 11:40 PM.

tunia is offline Junior Member
    It does hurt sometimes when we so what our families eat. But some might be talked into real food.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    The great irony is that my eggs come from HER chickens.
    That's not irony, that's a plate full of awesome.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by tunia View Post
    It does hurt sometimes when we so what our families eat. But some might be talked into real food.
    Hi Tunia, thanks for your comment. Yes, I have shared this site with my other sister and I think she is intrigued. All my family do actually love real food, most of them just include too much of the fake stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    That's not irony, that's a plate full of awesome.

lol, you are right Badgergirl. Thanks for visiting my journal

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast