Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 29

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i may try non graining it for the kids as i am off shopping tomorrow. would be a score if it works as GF bread for them is nasty and expensive. I have that DNA problem too doc. i am still waiting to grow out of it LOL

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    If it works, Seaweed, please let me know. I really don't want to make bread that tastes too delicious unless it is also going to be good for them, since they'll only eat too much.

Personally, I haven't much missed bread - but that was until I bought Marmite today.

k i have it on my list to give a go within the next couple of days. does it matter if i dont use tins as i doubt i have any around?

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi Annie, I was just replying to Doc telling him that we aren't allowed to do anything naughty in your journal - you so have to watch these Doc-co-tors !!!!!!!! anyhoo - I usually have 7 or 8 tins, and half fill them. Honestly its the easiest nicest bread you could EVER have - and I can't wait to try it with non-grain flour.
    Let me know how you get on ................
    Me be naughty? You must have me confused with my evil twin....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i may try non graining it for the kids as i am off shopping tomorrow. would be a score if it works as GF bread for them is nasty and expensive. I have that DNA problem too doc. i am still waiting to grow out of it LOL
    It seems to me that the more I use this WOE, the more independent I get.... so I'm not so sure this WOE is going to UN-express that genetic tendency.... and I'm OK with that!

so I'm not so sure this WOE is going to UN-express that genetic tendency.... and I'm OK with that!
    yes the older i get the more i realise there are things about myself i cant change. i do find they are expressed in ways which are generally a bit healthier for myself tho.

off shopping today and am getting tapioca, white rice and coconut flour to try the bread with. if i didnt have to eat a piece with pommie marmite toasted, just to try it, i would be putting millet in instead of coconut. i will also see if i can get some xanthan gum as that can help with GF baking. if it is good, i will experiment without the xanthan gum. i will report back!

Realising that now I actually look forward to exercise

This is a breakthrough for me. I've never seen myself as sporty, and still don't, but I am really really missing my weights class since I have been sick and then tired and then busy. I've had a tramp and a dance class, which were fine but not the same and it's making me feel a bit lethargic and hungry.

Never mind, it's a new day and the sun is shining again and I have plenty of primal food in my fridge to make a lunch so I don't have to eat the lunch provided by such kind but totally primally clueless church ladies at the Easter drama.

Gym tomorrow, I hope. Gotta go.

i always look forward to exercise! i used to hate sports at school. and funnily enough most of the "sporty" people when they were school age are all old and overweight and infirm now they are my age. what do you do in your weights class Annie? i am off to the gym today which i am very much looking forward to.

I have plenty of primal food in my fridge to make a lunch so I don't have to eat the lunch provided by such kind but totally primally clueless church ladies at the Easter drama.
    this is an aspect i struggle with. i feel so like the woman with an eating disorder if i am there eating my own lunch. i hide behind the gluten thing alot and totally never warn anyone unless i have to bring the kids. but still. food is social in my culture so i find this bit hard.

My gym class is called Powerstep. We do several tracks with our weights bars (deadlifts, squats, lunges, bicep curls, chest press, etc), a couple of step tracks and a cardio track, generally alternating between them. I really enjoy it, you can make it has hard or not as you like. It's not real serious weightlifting or anything, but it suits me very well, I have improved and it keeps me fit for whatever.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    so kinda like pump with a bit of step? my gym doesnt do group fitness classes but i had to do 10 when i was studying personal training. and a mix of different types. i actual found the instructor made all the diff. the "lite pace" aka pensioner's class was the hardest if you kept up as she kept moving the whole time and when it came to the weights bit, i did big weights. was way more fun than the zumba class LOL step was fun but i got my feet tied in knots doing all the moves and i also enjoyed pump so i can see how a combo, once you got more co-ordinated with the stepping, would be very effective.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast