Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 28

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The banana taste can be disguised quite well with vanilla essence and cocoa powder, especially if it isn't too ripe and smelly a banana to start with.

Good idea, I might make those devilled eggs for my lunch on Thursday when I go back to the Easter play. It's so KIND of people to supply the food but really, they have no idea. And I can see why. I just did a search for a healthy recipe, the first one on the page was pineapple pie - margarine, sugar, etc and 36g of sugar per slice. How in anyone's view can that be healthy?

If you don't already know about MDA I don't know what one would have to search for to find sensible answers to preventing diabetes and heart healthy recipes.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Post away, hopefully we won't get banned.
    banned becos Gwamma sometimes says naughty things ?????????? or banned becos it aint primal ???????????????

or becos its a copied recipe ???????????????? LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

hahaha I was thinking cos its unprimal. But now you mention it, copyright could be at stake too.

Dare you to post it anyway. (But pretty please don't be naughty, it's my journal).

I won't be naughty in your journal Annie - and If I am - you can ban me !!!! LOL
    okay heres my version of Annabelles recipe. It might be changed enough not to copywrited !!!!!!

2 cups boiling water
    4 tsp honey
    2 cups cold water
    7 tsp dried yeast
    2 cups high grade white flour
    2 cups wholemeal flour
    3 tsp salt
    1 small packet sunflower seeds
    1 small packet of slithered or sliced almonds
    4 tbsp pumpkin seeds

Preheat oven to just 80 C and grease loaf tins. (I use sprink. This gets into all the corners!)
    In a large bowl mix the boiling water with the honey to dissolve.
    Add the cold water and yeast and put aside for 10 minutes.

Whisk the yeast mixture then add white and wholemeal flour, salt and seeds (sunflower and almonds).
    Mix with a large spoon until evenly combined. The mixture should be a very loose, wet batter.

Divide the mixture between the prepared loaf tins, spread evenly and flatten the top.
    Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top of each loaf and run a sharp knife through the top of each loaf in at least 3 or 4 places so it rises evenly without splitting.

Bake for 20 minutes at 80C and then turn the oven up to 210C (I put my oven on 200C as it runs quite hot), and bake for a further 30-40 minutes. When cooked the loaves will sound hollow when tapped. Turn out of the tins while still hot and leave to cool. This bread stays fresh for several days and toasts well.

...small steps....

I collect the tins from BBeans, spaghetti, cat food, pineapple, wash them VERY well, and spray with the sprink before cooking.
    I have tried greasing them but it doesn't work so well.
    I only ever fill the tins up half full.
    And sometimes I add walnut pieces to the main bread - lots of fun to be had with this recipe. I will try the potato and coconut flour sometime - it might be interesting !!!!!!

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    yumm!!! i reckon you could GF that no probs. since it isnt kneaded there is hope you could even coconut flour it somehow. when i make the kids cakes, i use a mix of tapioca, rice and coconut flour. all the paleo peeps seem to do white rice thse days without even screaming 20% at the same time so white rice flour could be a go. it prob is better for you than almond flour and way cheaper. it says you turn it out but do you serve it in the tins or just as shapes? i have seen btw recipes for flower pot bread which use a terracota flower pot to bake bread in. i always have visions of it exploding in the oven LOL

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I collect the tins from BBeans, spaghetti, cat food, pineapple, wash them VERY well, and spray with the sprink before cooking.
    I have tried greasing them but it doesn't work so well.
    I only ever fill the tins up half full.
    And sometimes I add walnut pieces to the main bread - lots of fun to be had with this recipe. I will try the potato and coconut flour sometime - it might be interesting !!!!!!
    I use tins with top and bottom cut off lined with baking paper on a baking paper-covered baking tray to make fruit cakes (I sell them and give them as gifts). Best ones are the catering-size Nescafe tins from work. They just slide off at the end.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Interesting recipe.... I will have to convert to heathen American units since I don't do metric units.... ever the rebellious sort I am... I think it's in my DNA to be rebellious......

So how many loaf tins would you need for a batch this size?

Hi Annie, I was just replying to Doc telling him that we aren't allowed to do anything naughty in your journal - you so have to watch these Doc-co-tors !!!!!!!! anyhoo - I usually have 7 or 8 tins, and half fill them. Honestly its the easiest nicest bread you could EVER have - and I can't wait to try it with non-grain flour.
    Let me know how you get on ................

...small steps....

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast