Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 26

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lasagne...oh yum!!! Glad you feel better.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Katemary.

Well I skipped the gym and took another easy day.

B: Herby beef and courgette omelette with cheese.
    L: Amazing Salad (diced cucumber, orange capsicum, orange, olives, feta, parsley). I made a huge bowlful. I loved it but was hungry again too soon. A banana.
    S: Blackberries and more banana with ricies and milk. Watermelon slices.
    D: Beef satay on rice (Layer in slowcooker sliced onions, ginger, schnitzel, drizzle of oil, chilli, garlic, soy sauce. Stir in peanut butter before serving).

Accusation or compliment?

I saw my Aunty yesterday for the first time in a very long while. Her comment to me was "You've got skinny." Quickly followed by "have you, or is it your clothes."

This is when my dh chimed in with, "No, she's got skinny."

I wasn't quite sure how to take all this. I mean, I never thought of "skinny" as a compliment. However, if "fat" is an insult - noone ever says that to you, do they? - then perhaps it's ok. Trim is more the look I'm going for.

So I ended up saying "not too skinny, I hope" because I really was by this time fishing for reassurance. I was very relieved when dh agreed and actually told me that I'm not. Because this has actually been worrying me a little bit - whether he actually likes me this way.

Personally, I don't think I'm skinny, and at 59kg certainly not tiny (which people have also said). But I can't think of an adjective I prefer. I'm a bit curvy to be called slender or slim. Fit maybe, although that seems to imply sporting ability which I wouldn't claim to have.

I'd be happy with "You're looking well," which is true on many levels. Of course, good, great, lovely, pretty, stunning, gorgeous etc would be fine too, lol.

Butter Chicken. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I cannot believe I cooked 900g of chicken and we ate it between 3 of us! My dd and I still had room for softfreeze blueberry coconut icecream as well!!

Sometimes I feel like my stomach must be a bottomless pit. We pretty well emptied the freezer and pantry today, I better go buy some more primal food.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    You're looking strong. (I can tell from here.)
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    You're looking strong. (I can tell from here.)
    Thankyou.

Fantastic tramping day four hours above the bushline with spectacular views in all directions. It was very hot and a little arduous after being sick last week, but worth it.

It was an early start so I didn't have a proper breakfast, but lunch was good. Afterwards I was more thirsty than hungry, but by dinner I felt starving and made up for it.

B: Plum, banana.
    L: Hardboiled eggs, coleslaw, two small roast potatoes. Plum. Scroggin (peanuts, craisins, dark chocolate).
    S: Another banana. Cheese.
    D: Two baked chicken thighs and veges (pumpkin, onion, red capsicum, mushroom). Coleslaw.
    Last edited by Annieh; 03-12-2013 at 12:22 PM.

I just turned down a Girl Guide biscuit.

It's kind of odd how I've lost a whole lot of life's little pleasures through going primal.

But when one has been feasting on free range omelette, fresh summer fruits, NZ beef, garlic stirfried vegetables, with some bush honey and chocolate for good measure during the day, there is just no appeal in a dry processed cookie from a plastic packet.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    life's little pleasures offer little pleasure? Not a bad thing to realise - leaves more room for life's BIG pleasures *uh-huh!*
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

I have different pleasures now.

Clothes that fit. Receiving compliments.
    A full night's sleep. Normal blood pressure. Smooth skin. General sense of wellbeing.
    Enjoyment in cooking for myself and my family.
    Meals that feel like treats, and treats so delicious they should make me feel guilty but they don't.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast