Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 25

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have become much more aware of my body since I have been paying attention to what I put into it. It's remarkably easy to trace the cause of any queasy feelings, sugar crashes or rumbly tummy. These sorts of things are actually rare now and usually quickly follow some dietary change or lapse.

Today presented me with a couple of examples.

First, a queasy feeling this morning, probably caused by over consumption coconut cream last night. It was also possibly not helped by breakfast of incredibly rich chicken broth, made from the bones of two precooked supermarket chickens.

Second, one of those slightly dizzy shaky sugar lows which I used to think were normal. This was definitely linked to having a sweet hot chocolate drink AND a sweet fruit salad with cream for morning tea. It was all delicious and a special occasion going out with my two grown up daughters, so it was worth it, but is a fresh reminder to me to go easy on the sugar if I want to keep myself on an even keel.

This has happened to me twice now, I think next time I will have a herbal tea instead.

B: Pumpkin and chicken omelette.
    S: Plate of primal nibbles: Cucumber, cheese, raw green beans, nectarine, cashews.
    L: Grilled bacon, pumpkin and cheese. Fresh apple.
    D: Chicken in tomatoes and multiple veges (cooked by my dd from my cupboards - whatever she threw in has to have been primal). White rice.
    S: Hot chocolate.

Hungry today after gym workout, needing a milk drink tonight. Our chicken dinner was delicious but probably fairly low fat.

More and more I'm loving the freedom this way of eating provides.

Today in order to catch my ride I ended up leaving the house without breakfast. I took a banana with me and that saw me through my morning, and my walk home (45-60 mins approx).

Yes I was hungry, but not weak from it or unable to do what I needed. It feels so good.

I just reaalised that morning tea was served but I didn't partake because none of it was food to me. I was so not-even-tempted that it barely registered.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Hi Annie. Since you are our queen of frozen fruit icecream. have you tried frozen bananas blended with fresh cream? the reason i ask is this looks nice but i dont like roasted bananas or have room in my freezer to officially make icecream
    http://www.elanaspantry.com/roasted-...nut-ice-cream/ so my plan was to freeze a banana or two in chunks, and then blend it with coconut milk etc to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    ... so my plan was to freeze a banana or two in chunks, and then blend it with coconut milk etc to see what happens.
    Yes I certainly have done frozen banana with fresh cream and it works a treat. In fact, I just popped two bananas in the freezer tonight with this in mind for the weekend. I usually add vanilla, berries and/or cocoa as well, and then you barely taste the banana, just the sweetness.

I see no reason it wouldn't work with coconut cream/milk instead of the cream. But after my experience with the mousse this week I would be careful not to eat too much at once.

First day sick since I can remember, maybe two years? I made myself a wholesome vege soup with broth to help me feel better.

The day's highlight was probably my daughter bringing me a nice hot lemon honey drink in bed.
    Last edited by Annieh; 03-04-2013 at 12:45 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    oh Annie - I so hope you are feeling better on the morrow.
    Please take care...... and lots of fluids my girl...........
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Hope you get better soon Annie

Thankyou, ladies. I can say that after spending all day in bed and having a much better sleep last night I am feeling human again. That was a real doozy. I will still be taking it easy this morning, must do some work this avo.

Today's primal highlight is giving my 12yo steak and veges with butterfried potato and hot milky cocoa drink for breakfast.

After all that effort I went back to bed for a rest, but now I must go and feed myself. I have been wasting away with this bug and feel weak and skinny instead of strong and lean. Have a good primal day everyone.

B: Potato omelette.
    L: Blackberries, greek/flavoured yoghurt mixed, flaked almonds.
    Snacks: watermelon, nectarine, hardboiled egg, few walnuts...there wasn't much in the house so by dinner I was starving
    D: Humungous serving of lasagne - made by my lovely dd. I was so hungry and ate two platefuls, it tasted good and I'm hoping I will not react too badly to all that pasta. Everything else in it was primal though so I'm thinking it won't be bad for me. I do feel full now.

Trying to decide whether to hit the gym tomorrow or whether to wait since I've been sick. On the one hand even making the beds and running the vacuum cleaner felt like enough of a workout, on the other I miss my class and want to build myself up again. I'll decide in the morning.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast