Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 23

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    B: Two chocolate waffles with butter.
    L: Sliced beef steak on stirfried veges. Cheese slices. Mandarin.
    S: Apple and almond butter, cucumber and cheese slices.
    D: Grilled hamsteaks, pineapple and onion rings, and courgette. Grated carrot, cucumber slices, parsley.
    Leathery pear and blueberry dessert - a primal experiment which, while edible, definitely needs some adjustments.

Very hungry again today after yesterday's exercise and cycling to town today.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    hi annie! i was wondering what do you drink? your food always looks so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    hi annie! i was wondering what do you drink? your food always looks so nice.
    Thanks Seaweed

Mainly I drink tea. Start the day with two cups and have another at regular intervals.
    Sometimes diluted juice.
    Occasionally fresh squeezed grapefruit juice.
    Today I drank the juice off the tinned pineapple and pears I opened.
    Water when I exercise. And then a cup of tea as well. I am addicted.

I don't like coffee or alcohol. Occasionally I will have a hot chocolate. That's about it.

I've always preferred to eat my treats (chocolate over wine any day). Now that I've found primal, every meal is a treat to me.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    hahaha, it's just a fancy name for leftovers.

Melt some butter in a single serve frypan.
    Put leftover cooked cauliflower in the bottom.
    Beat two eggs with a little milk, salt and pepper. Pour over the cauliflower.
    Sprinkle grated cheese on the top.
    Cook gently till set through. If it won't set all the way and you don't want to make a mess flipping it, then place under the grill in the oven for a few minutes.
    Slide onto a plate and top with leftover beef casserole from the night before reheated in the microwave.

Adapt as necessary according to your own leftovers, lol.
    thank you, what a great idea!

i prob should drink more tea and less coffee. do you do gumboot with milk or cream when you say tea? my mum used to drink gallons of tea. she was always so fussy about having to warm the teapot first and having her tea in a bone china mug.

Don't understand the term "gumboot" sorry, but I do make it properly with leaves in the teapot and love to drink it from china teacups. Yes I add milk, have changed from skim to blue top or even silver top since going primal.

When my dh makes for me he warms the pot and even turns it three times and all that and it is the BEST.

gumboot tea is just your normal run of the mill tea. dilmah vs earl grey or lapsang souchong etc. i actual think my mum used to take her own bone china tea cup when she left home for any reason LOL dad drunk coffee. and so do i. i do go thru phases of drinking tea and i prob should more. earl grey tea with cream is so nice.

Dilmah yes. It's my favourite. Not terribly refined taste I'm afraid.

I don't mind earl grey but it's not that fantastic that I would buy it regularly. Sometimes I like to try difft herbal teas at a tea shop, but again I'm just as happy with my usual brew.

Wow, your mum really was obsessed with the china! Cute.

My daughter turned down fizzy drink today. A primal action if ever I saw it.

When she left home a year ago I had never even heard of primal. Then I changed everything and she has come home to the new regime, lol.

She's pretty well on it as long as she is in the house, because she has no money and basically has to eat what I provide. I believe she is growing healthier as a result, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she's actually on board with it all. She is slim but was definitely carb-addicted.

Seeing her choose NOT to ingest the drinks (that friends brought over) showed me she is thinking at last about what goes in her body. Makes me happy.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    That is a turning point.

Now I can't even imagine why I ever drank sodas or even juice.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast