Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 21

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I thickened with maize cornflour, so not truly primal but still gluten free.

I have experimented sometimes with "reduction" which from what I gather is boiling down your stock until the water evaporates off. It's not exactly the same as gravy but it thickens and becomes extremely rich and tasty.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, sounds easy enough for me not to stuff it up!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Yup My dh and dd new summer hobby, which I help with. Then go for a walk on the beach while they are out on the water. I even go for the occasional sail with them.
    fantastic Annie, Alot of my childhood memories are sailing around the Bay of Islands. It wasn't crowded way back then. Best childhood ever !!!!!
    Actually - the best family entertainment is sitting and observing at a boat ramp !!!!! Always arguments going down - but it can be really funny to watch !!!!!
    I hope the New Year is treating you well
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

This summer I've had the bestest time swimming in the ocean. I've had so many swims and so much fun. I've also gone standup paddleboarding for the first time and swam in the ice-cold river with my clothes on.

It's true that we've had the best weather for years, but also I've been able to make the most of enjoying it because of my newfound primal energy combined with great feeling of not being embarrassed in a swimsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    ....but also I've been able to make the most of enjoying it because of my newfound primal energy combined with great feeling of not being embarrassed in a swimsuit.
    I can't wait to be able to say this!

Sounds like a nice relaxing break.

Maintenance. I think I've cracked it.

Basically have stayed at the same weight now for about three months. Still eating plenty, clothes still fit.

I seldom challenge my digestion by eating wheat, I've regretted the few times I have.

I seem to be able to get away with some borderline food choices - white rice, potatoes. But I have to say I don't prefer them. I would rather eat primal all the time, if it's not good quality food, I have really lost interest in it.

On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoy virtually everything I eat and don't hold back.

From time to time I'll delay my first meal till lunchtime (you can't really "skip" breakfast as your first meal still breaks your fast, doesn't it?). It seems to happen quite naturally after a day when I might have eaten more than I needed for that day.

Also notice that exercise makes me extra hungry. Duh. That should be logical but I don't think I've paid attention before.

B: sliced beef, grated cheese and coleslaw.
    L: vege quiche (made by my niece, probably had flour in it, tasted like it didn't have cheese in it), lettuce, tomato.
    S: truffle balls, cheese chunks, nectarine, brazil nuts.
    D: garlic steak sliced on bed of summer greens - cabbage, silverbeet, courgette, beans cooked in beef stock. Buttered new potatoes straight from the garden.

B: Scrambled eggs with fried bacon, mushrooms, courgettes.
    L: Egg with salad of lettuce, carrots, olives, tasty cheese, sundried tomatoes with olive oil and lemon juice.
    D: Lamb chops baked slowly over onion, carrot, courgette and cabbage. New potatoes and fresh picked beans with butter.

Snacks: In and out of the pantry all day for brazil nuts and almonds, summer fruits, dark chocolate, rice crackers with lamb dripping, christmas fruit mince, almond butter.

I'm sure you get the idea. To stop the grazing, I really need to eat more at meal times, and/or get myself out of the house more! But at least it's all primal.

Your meals sound so yummy. I am surprised you graze, you seem to eat a decent amount of protein and fat esp first thing.

i also try delay first meal if I am not hungry, but coffee I guess technically breaks the fast...

PrimalCon New York
    B: leftover lamb chop, and a few veges. PLUS blueberry waffle made with egg, 1/2 banana and just 1T cornflour.
    L: Fried mushrooms, bacon, silverbeet and potatoes. A plum.
    S: Another plum, 1/2 an avocado, a few brazil nuts and some dark chocolate.
    D: Mince pie - Onion, beef, green beans, silverbeet and tomato paste. Pastry topping, I just had a little - mainly butter with some flour.

Felt better today eating a bigger breakfast, lasting till lunch, then having all my snacks at once as one meal. This is definitely my preferred schedule. If I had gone back for the waffle mid morning, then spread out my snacks all afternoon it would have been less satisfying.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast