Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 20

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    hi Katemary.

I just put into the food processory butter and/or coconut oil, ground nuts (I used LSA - linseed/sunflower/almond), dried fruit (this time I used a Christmas mince mix, can do it with dates, sultanas or apricots), cocoa powder, dried coconut and essence (I have used either vanilla or peppermint).

Mix it all up, roll into balls, roll in coconut and store in fridge until firm (if you have the patience).

Yes with all that fruit and nuts it will be fairly high in carbs, but better than just fruit on its own because also high in fat from the butter and coconut. During weight loss phase I didn't eat these, my treat at that time was plain dark chocolate.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hey where in NZ are you?
    Good luck with everything Looking forward to following your journey

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    hi Katemary.

I just put into the food processory butter and/or coconut oil, ground nuts (I used LSA - linseed/sunflower/almond), dried fruit (this time I used a Christmas mince mix, can do it with dates, sultanas or apricots), cocoa powder, dried coconut and essence (I have used either vanilla or peppermint).

Mix it all up, roll into balls, roll in coconut and store in fridge until firm (if you have the patience).

Yes with all that fruit and nuts it will be fairly high in carbs, but better than just fruit on its own because also high in fat from the butter and coconut. During weight loss phase I didn't eat these, my treat at that time was plain dark chocolate.
    Thanks! I will give them a go.

If you don't mind the carbs and eat Tahini at all (grey area) I love these:

1/2 cup tahini

1/2 cup LSA

1/2 cup honey

1/4 cup chopped almonds (I guess you could use raw macadamias instead)

1 cup mixed dried fruit (I prefer organic dates, or apricot)

Mix together and roll into plum sized balls, coating with shredded coconut.

Yours sound delicious. thanx

Thankyou Katemary. Tahini is sesame seeds, right? So I don't think these balls would be non primal. I might try them for a change but I imagine they would be very sweet with that much honey.

The dates alone would probably be sweet enough for me. I find everything sweet now. One of the best things about going primal has been losing the sugar cravings and I am careful not to add too much sugar lest I start that cycle again.

hey Ayla, thanks for dropping into my journal. Catch you round.

B: Omelette with mushrooms and cheese.
    L: Sliced ham wrapped around salad fillings - greens, mango, feta, cheese, olives. Few rice crackers. Plum. Truffle ball.
    S: Lemon delicious dessert, few nuts and a truffle ball.
    D: Pork sausage, savory rice (cooked in broth- I found something to use it for!) Green peas.

Exercise - dance class in am, followed by a beach walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Thankyou Katemary. Tahini is sesame seeds, right? So I don't think these balls would be non primal. I might try them for a change but I imagine they would be very sweet with that much honey.

The dates alone would probably be sweet enough for me. I find everything sweet now. One of the best things about going primal has been losing the sugar cravings and I am careful not to add too much sugar lest I start that cycle again.
    Yes, sesame seeds. They are not that sweet, I think because it balances the strong tahini taste, the combo works for me. Maybe worth a shot so you have variety, even if you halve the honey to start with.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Annie, how is everything with you ?
    Did I read in the pull me - push me thread that you have been pushing a trailer sailer around ???
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Yup My dh and dd new summer hobby, which I help with. Then go for a walk on the beach while they are out on the water. I even go for the occasional sail with them.

Loving this summer weather and activities. Swimming in the ocean, or cold mountain rivers is so very primal and like being a kid again. Strolling around the park to view the lights along with everybody else is so very communal.

Today's food: I really need to eat more at a sitting so I don't get hungry and raid the pantry in between, but it's all primal so I guess it doesn't matter.

B: handful of fresh blueberries. Plate of chicken and roasted pumpkin.
    L: Chicken, peas and gravy. Hawke's Bay Apricot.
    Snacks during the day: Dried fruit. Nuts. Chocolate. Apricots.
    D: Scrambled eggs with grated cheese and two bacon slices.
    Homemade icecream (banana, frozen berries and cream) for dessert.

Sounds like a lovely upside down day. Do you make a primal gravy (yum, chicken peas an gravy..) or just consider the flour minimal?

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast