Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Father's Day and I made delicious primal treats for my father and father-in-law. Just processed dates, LSA, coconut, cocoa and butter until fully ground then rolled into balls. Easy and delicious - I know because I ate some of the mixture!! They also make good lunchbox treats for my 11yo dd who is always hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Annie, I hope today has been a better one for you !
    And your meals do sound yummy !
    Thanks Gwamma, I was just grumpy yesterday. Much better now, despite having tuna and cheese on toast for lunch which makes today my least primal day ever. The bright spot is that it has positively confirmed to me that I am best to stay with the programme. My tummy has not been happy this afternoon, and I will be back to gluten free from now on.

Teenage daughter praised today's lunch - large flat mushroom topped with pumpkin mash and grated cheese, served with bacon - and ate it all despite earlier professing not to like mushroom.

What a great alternative to cheese on toast - tasty, filling and non-bloating. I'll have to remember this one.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't it feel great to get this positive feedback. YOur meals do actually sound amazing !
    well done you !!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

A-ha moment: Realising that I do not have to make sure I take a snack with me when going out!

I just "know" that I will not need to eat again until I come home. And even if I should happen to get hungry, I won't be desperate. Certainly not desperate enough to fall for licorice logs or turkish delight, as I would have in the bad old days when it was imperative to pack a banana or muesli bar to eat half way through the morning. Eventually I learned to pack healthier low carb snacks such as nuts or salami. Now I don't even need those.

Last night's dinner, which left everyone full to the brim:

Slow roasted NZ lamb, roast winter vegetables (parsnip, carrot, onion), steamed cauliflower and freshly picked broccoli. Served with delicious homemade gravy from the dripping (thickened with cornflour so not truly primal but at least gluten free), and piles of roast potatoes for the others, I didn't need them.

Dessert was fresh Aussie strawberries and whipped cream (actually the strawberries were a bit disappointing and I think I will wait till they come into season here).

Lunch by any other name would taste as good. Today was lamb and vegetable curry on salad greens. AKA leftovers.

Simply poured leftover sauce from last week's butter chicken over diced lamb, onion, parsnip and carrot from last night's roast and warmed them through on the stovetop. It was runny so I put the remaining salad greens in a bowl and poured the rest on top.

Voila, lamb and vegetable curry.

Dinner looked disgusting tonight, yet my daughter said the veges were delicious (overly steamed greens with honey and nutmeg) and my dh accepted seconds of the meat (neck chops in gloop for want of a better description).

Maybe they were just hungry, or maybe I was just lucky. Either way, I'm just thankful there are no leftovers, and tomorrow is another day.

Received a great compliment today: "Your arms look incredible". Must count as a primal highlight since no one ever said that to me before.

Number 2: Realising that actually I would rather walk home (approx 1/2 hour) than have someone drive me, even though I had two offers. I wouldn't say this has never happened before, but it would have been rare.

And #3: Having the patience to wait while I whipped up a wonderful soup for lunch using broth from last night's neck chops, fresh veges, leftover pork. It's such a good feeling not being desperate to eat and the soup was GOOD. I ate two bowls full.

Primal teeth seem to stay so much cleaner.

Three chicken carcasses are sitting in the slow cooker turning to broth. This appeals so much to my frugal side, getting another meal out of the same bird. Also to my lazy side, here I am sitting on the couch while the slowcooker does the work.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Less snoring. Not from me, but from my dh, even though he would be barely 50% primal.

I cook him primal dinner (33%), pack or serve a primal lunch probably 3-4 times a week (another 15%) and have tampered with his breakfast cereal and yoghurt to make it lower in sugar and higher in fat (perhaps that's worth another 2%). Still I think he is experiencing benefits even if he hasn't noticed, I have. I wish he would be willing to go the whole way but not sure what it would take.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast