Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 19

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Family brunch at 10am. I made a huge omelette with lots of veges and mozzarella cheese, two slices of bacon each and didn't get hungry again till 4pm.

Now a lamb roast is in the oven, it's going to make the house so hot, but we can eat outside so I guess it won't matter.

Beautiful barefoot walk on the beach this morning, a great way to start the New Year.

Visited the gym before breakfast today, just did a shortened workout. just because.

B: Fried mushrooms and bacon bits, avocado, two scrambled eggs.

L (Outdoor family picnic) : Sliced lamb, coleslaw, salad items (olives, dried tomatoes, capsicum slices, cucumber), strawberries and fresh pineapple chunks. I'm pretty sure I ate more than everyone else at the table but I still felt like I could eat more. Came home and had a couple of primal truffle balls that I have been keeping in the fridge.

S: Polished off the remaining lamb and salad ingredients.

D: Corned beef, buttered carrot, fresh made coleslaw of cabbage, orange, dried apricots, parsley with lemon/olive oil dressing.

Plenty of time in the sun today, including a brief swim in the ocean. I feel so good after that.

I am just amazed how much food I seem to be able to put away these days, even just lying around in the sun.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Annie, happy new year. I hope that you had a wonderful relaxing time over christmas.'
    I cannot wait to get to your stage of eating whatever - whenever, but still have a ways to go !
    Hope you get out into the sun again today !
    take care
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi Annie, happy new year. I hope that you had a wonderful relaxing time over christmas.'
    I cannot wait to get to your stage of eating whatever - whenever, but still have a ways to go !
    Hope you get out into the sun again today !
    take care
    G
    Hi Gwamma and Happy New Year to you to.

Yeah, I love eating so it's great to be able to eat lots. But I can't eat just "whatever" unless it's primal. And I don't really eat "whenever" either - basically breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner. While I'm round home I do tend to snack more though.

We went away and due to having to feed more people and buy in cafes etc I ended up straying into more potatoes and fruit than usual, then pastry, rice, then pasta, and also fizzy drinks. I mostly got away with it in the sense that only the christmas mince pies gave me a bit of a tummy ache one night. I probably put on a couple of pounds but I wasn't too worried because I knew I could take it off again with strict primal and getting back to the gym.

The last straw though was having four slices of pizza one night. I bloated up almost immediately, it really looked awful and looked and felt like I had gained at least a couple of kilos.

It was disappointing from a vanity point of view because I was going out to a 21st the next day, but not the end of the world, I'm pretty much on top of it again now.

B: Two eggs scrambled in dripping, reheated roast pumpkin
    L: Beef chilli on salad greens, topped with sour cream. Plum. Dark chocolate.
    S: Peppermint truffle balls - several!! Dried fruit.
    D: Chinese stir fry garlic, ginger, mince and frozen veges with honey, soy sauce and peanut butter. Strawberries and homeblend icecream for dessert.
    Last edited by Annieh; 01-15-2013 at 01:04 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    welcome back Annie, those experiments are very interesting, but they do keep us honest !!!!
    Hope its not too hard getting back out of holiday mode !
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Oh I am still in holiday mode, haha. But I do prefer being in my own kitchen and choosing my own food. I can just add extra rice or nacho chips for the family and dole out leftover 21st birthday cake and pav. They don't feel deprived and nor do I.

How are you? Are you enjoying the summer so far?

B: Leftover cauliflower cheese. Truffle balls.
    L: Cheese and vegetable quiche (included some rice too). Plum. I so love summer fruit.
    D: Garlic steak, sour cream, steamed new potatoes and green beans from my garden.

Snacked all day on truffle balls.

Feeling very hungry after yesterday's workout, also there's not enough food in the house for the number of people, leftovers are usually my mainstay but they are sparse.

B: Two eggs fried in butter. Half a banana.
    L: Roast chicken and a large salad with greens, carrots, olives, feta and dressing. Truffle ball.
    S: Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. Dark chocolate.
    D: Roast lamb with gravy, parsnip and carrot, fresh green beans and new potato.

Exercise: weights class this morning, indoor netball this evening.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Annieh, can you share the truffle ball recipe? thanks

Oh - hang on, if I am trying to stay under 100g carbs should I wait a while, lol?!

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast